Squareware: A special dice kit for the DM

sorcerersapprentice

Squareware has now launched on Kickstarter. I'm seeking funding to prototype and mass manufacture a very special dice kit I have developed that combines the best features of a Box, Bag, Mats and Dice to give you millions of instant creative solutions during or while building your RPG - and - help the DM eliminate creative, mental and physical fatigue; minimize the need for manuals; free up space behind the DM screen; allow you to craft entire quest concepts in seconds; and make it easy on your shoulders, bag or pocket to carry. #dice #rpg #dnd #tabletop #gaming

• Like 2

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic idea!

I think I'm looking for a game aid that is less an idea or quest generator, than ones for dungeon details and contents, and city encounters and descriptions. So I hope you put out more game aids like this in the future. I also would like to see some sort of program (PDF file, spreadsheet, whatever) that lets a user create their own mat. Best wishes on the project!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Auberon
      The Enchanted Vault & Other Dice by Everything Dice

Looks like this one is doing well.

• By Auberon
      For those of you that like dice waaaaaaaaaaay more than I do.

Cutting Words

• By Auberon
      Dungeon Dice Bags

Black Oak Workshop is proud to present our 2022 line of dice bags. These bags feature all new monster inspired designs and come in some great color combinations. They will be perfect for your dice, boardgame bits or most anything else!

As with all our dice bag projects, every backer will receive a random 7-dice polyhedral set with their shipment. This has become quite popular with backers and we are sticking with it. These are quality sets that come in a wide variety of colors and styles. Below are some of the sets in the mix!

We have 15 different color/style variations of these dice to keep things exciting. As we have done on past projects, these sets will be pulled at random at the time of fulfillment. There are solids, swirls, transparent, glitter and glow-in-the-dark included. If we hit our stretch goals, backers can expect to receive even more of these sets included with their shipments at no extra cost! There will be an equal distribution of all styles so it will be a truly random pull.

These bags easily hold 12 standard 7-dice polyhedral sets. They are built to last and looking at any of our previous projects will reveal our customers love them!

All the dice bags feature a soft, but tough exterior and a smooth satin liner. The designs are fully embroidered. We perform a thorough QC of each bag before shipping to make sure you get a bag that will last you years to come!

• By Rigel
      Let's get meta!!

"Now where were we...let's see. Last session you had crashed Miss Minver's jalopy in the cemetery in your attempt to stop the cult. The Professor's apotropaic rituals and Xiufang's first-aid skills kept you alive while Sirhan's Vickers gun and Lady Rutherford's etheric disruptor devastated the cultists--but not before the high priest's chanting reached a crescendo! An awful rift forms in the fabric of reality, swirling with colors beyond human description--and from it, with a horrible squelching sound and a smell like an electrical fire in an aquarium, a forest of loathsome ichor-slicked tendrils protrude, flailing hungrily towards you! Roll for Sanity!"

50231 is brilliant, containing three flavors of tabletop geek. These are wonderful sculpts, from the dice bag on the trim GM to the soda in the large gamer's meaty hand to the young lady's minifig case. I feel like I know these people already.

More pics: 

A furnished basement, much like many others. Shelves of books and trinkets on the wall, a table with a map and several figurines atop it. BUT! this basement is about to become an escape to other, weirder, more adventurous realities!

You know the Nerd from 50091 will be here, maybe the Chick too. Not-Velma most definitely would roll some polyhedral dice.

When the gang's all present, we can begin!

Perhaps on an alternate week, another game:

"The scent of mildew and rock dust is heavy in the air, and the sound of dripping water echoes from somewhere nearby. You would guess Saraneth's sorcerous witch-light, glinting off crystals the size of tree trunks, is the first illumination these caverns have seen since they were formed in the primeval chaos. --Liliander, your elven senses pick up faint movement from beyond this cluster of stalactites--a dark-dwarf ambuscade! Between Red Serris's sword and Ulma's bombs, this shouldn't be much trouble. ...But wait! Vistaril, as the reverberations of your thunderwave subside, they are answered by another...deeper...rumble--coming from below! Everyone make a Dexterity save!"

Click for more forays into other genres!

Let's take a bow, nerd to fellow nerd. 

• By Rob Dean
      I had a day off yesterday and wanted to get some work done toward staging an Original D&D game sometime “soon”. I’m working on a handful of potential PCs, but wanted to get a couple of smaller monsters done. These have all been sitting around in primer for a long time and I’m tired of looking at them. So…drybrush the heck out of them and call it a day. 

The figures are all Ral Partha, two trolls (01-063), three skeletons (01-046), two wraiths (01-030), and a small carnosaur (13-004, an erythrosuchus to be exact).