Squareware: A special dice kit for the DM

Squareware has now launched on Kickstarter. I'm seeking funding to prototype and mass manufacture a very special dice kit I have developed that combines the best features of a Box, Bag, Mats and Dice to give you millions of instant creative solutions during or while building your RPG - and - help the DM eliminate creative, mental and physical fatigue; minimize the need for manuals; free up space behind the DM screen; allow you to craft entire quest concepts in seconds; and make it easy on your shoulders, bag or pocket to carry. #dice #rpg #dnd #tabletop #gaming

• Like 2

Fantastic idea!

I think I'm looking for a game aid that is less an idea or quest generator, than ones for dungeon details and contents, and city encounters and descriptions. So I hope you put out more game aids like this in the future. I also would like to see some sort of program (PDF file, spreadsheet, whatever) that lets a user create their own mat. Best wishes on the project!

• 8 months later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cicciopiu
      Found this interesting project!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anatomical-sculpting/anatomical-sculpting-bust

• By Auberon
      This year's Christmas present to myself was a Sonic Mini 4k printer.  I've done a few runs now and promised a pic of a painted mini at some point.  Gardain here was a bit of a failure as it turns out there were a few problems with the pre-supports.  Still, he's 99% ok which means he's good enough to use as an example, but also that I don't care enough to paint to a high standard.

So with that in mind, he was painted with a thin layer of primer through the airbrush, a slightly thinned basecoat, and then a few washes.  I.e. the point is to show off how much detail the printer can do, how visible the layer lines are, etc, not how well I can (or can't) paint. He is a 32mm scale dwarf, which means he is a little taller than a Reaper dwarf, but not quite as tall as a Reaper human.

The very bottom of this gauntlet pancaked, but you can only really see it if he is upside down.

Yup, that's a hair support.  The presupport was at too low of an angle so it bonded to the figure.

Btw, those eyes are tiny. His right eye is really bad because the arm blocks coming in from below, the sculpted bushy eyebrow makes any high angle impossible, and he has a big nose.  Jab straight in and hit where you aim!  In fact, they are so small that I can't even tell I painted them at arm's length.  If you skipped them to get him on the table no one would notice.

And there you have it, my first [painted] 3D print.
    • By jadeite
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unchartedrealms/uncharted-realms-hunters-of-the-shadow-sea/description
      If you missed their previous KS, they have a 160$ level that gets you all the base stuff (but not the addons).
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkelfdice/giant-metal-d20-dice?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      We're Dark Elf Dice, a family owned business that specializes in gaming dice and accessories. As gamers and collectors, we're dice fanatics. We've been working day and night in the dice business since 2005, and for a long time, we've wanted to create something SPECTACULAR: oversized, metal d20s in magnificent colors and finishes. 
      With your help, we can create these amazing, giant metal d20's for your game table!
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Now live, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impactminiatures/snow-cone-and-sundae-dcc-and-rpg-dice-sets

Many new dice colours

Snow Cones

Marbled

Dice and new monsters for Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) game

plus access to existing lines

and those weird dice you never knew you needed D3, D5, D7, D9, D11, D13, D15, D17, D18, D19, D22, D26 and D28

and more
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)