First and foremost, lovely ladies!

Secondly, ohhhh yeaaaaaaah, I'm definitely going to have to pick up a few of those >.>;;;;;;

• Like 1

Wow, very nice work on them.

You didn't waste any time, either; I just got mine 4 or 5 days ago!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Wow, very nice work on them.

You didn't waste any time, either; I just got mine 4 or 5 days ago!

You gotta get on that!

• Like 2

Nicely done!  They all fit your intent, and I think you have a knack for getting things done! 

I will comment on the Tiefling:  No one but you will mind the cloven feet.  I'm not sure about your overall feelings, but I feel that tieflings should have varied feet and different looks about them, but that comes from years of Planescape on my part.

• Like 2

How the heck did you paint them so fast?! They look great! But... aren't they descending the mountain? :poke:

I envy your ability to acquire minis and paint them right away. It is uncanny! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

How the heck did you paint them so fast?! They look great! But... aren't they descending the mountain? :poke:

I envy your ability to acquire minis and paint them right away. It is uncanny! 

Unemployment has some minor benefits.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

18 hours ago, Darkmeer said:

Nicely done!  They all fit your intent, and I think you have a knack for getting things done! 

I will comment on the Tiefling:  No one but you will mind the cloven feet.  I'm not sure about your overall feelings, but I feel that tieflings should have varied feet and different looks about them, but that comes from years of Planescape on my part.

Oh, I'm not entirely against them, but when the concept of "Heroines in Sensible Shoes" was to have 5E style adventurers, with the first set even following their suggested starting equipment packages, it seemed weird to have a non-Empire or whatever the main Bloodline of Tieflings is called.  

• Like 2

On 4/3/2018 at 8:53 AM, Lidless Eye said:

Oh, I'm not entirely against them, but when the concept of "Heroines in Sensible Shoes" was to have 5E style adventurers, with the first set even following their suggested starting equipment packages, it seemed weird to have a non-Empire or whatever the main Bloodline of Tieflings is called.  

That makes perfect sense.  I'm not as familiar with 5e Tieflings, so I saw it and went "tiefling, awesome" and it was done.  Thank you for making sense out of it for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Nicely done! Kicking myself for not backing this...

Me too.  So can't wait for them to come to retail so I can snag a few of them. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      Just a random collection of recently painted 3D prints.  All of these are from a slightly modified Creality Ender-3

A Longship from EC3D: The Wilds of Wintertide

The Draken Airship, from Lovecraft Designs

Oh, well!  Also from Lovecraft Designs

The Ferisia Mage Tower:

• By MoonglowMinis
      Every fiendish army needs tiny minions to throw through the meat grinders.  Today I've got some assorted imps and quasits (the demonic counterpart to imps for you non-D&D folk).

First up,
      The Quasits

These fun little guys are the grunts of the demonic legions.  The front two are Quasits from the Nolzur's Unpainted set "Imps & Quasits" #WZK73719.  The back three are Reaper Bones Hordlings (77335).

More Below the Spoiler:

And up next,
      The Imps

These three imps are all Nolzur's from "Imps & Quasits" #WZK73719 and "Familiars" #WZK72563

More Below the Spoiler

Was definitely going cross-eyed after painting these tiny guys.
      What's the smallest mini you've ever painted? (Feel free to share pictures)
    • By Lidless Eye
      I know I messed up the timing this year, and worked on Deadcember instead of Orctober.   I wasn't feeling super-motivated by the small amount of unpainted Orcs I had, but from my Frostgrave II: Arcanic Boogaloo order had a ton of the living dead.  And one never has enough Zombies.

However, it means there's plenty of spookybois to be shown off!

The Draugr, mostly converted from the Fireforge Living Dead Peasants and Frostgrave Barbarians with some Warhammer bits.

The Knockers, again Fireforge Living Dead Peasants with Warhammer Dwarf Miners hats and bits from Mantic and Mage Knight.
      I think I should go back and add big rucksacks...and redo the flames to be the correct order.

Just plain Fireforge Living Dead Peasants, with the exception of a Frostgrave Cultist head for the Executioner.

The Old Vet, a 3D print from Retro Quest

Undead Pirates from EC3D "Depths of Savage Atoll"

Former Imperials, converted from Warhammer Empire, Mantic Undead, and Frostgrave Cultists (Undead bits)

Mostly Mantic.  Beware the spine whip!

And lastly, when your Necromancer runs out of skulls, the Creeping Claws!  3D prints from Crippled God Foundry

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures still make some great D&D monsters, here are three more:

Wave 1: Displacer Beast

The Displacer Beast is one of the iconic D&D monsters, described as a six legged panther with a pair of enormous tentacles growing out of it's back.  If that is not bad enough, the schtick of this beast is that is displaces.  This is an ability that makes it appear as it is a few feet off from where it actually is, so while the party are slashing at the image in thin air, the beast invisibly outflanks them with it's powerful claws and massive bite attack coming from seemingly out of nowhere.

Where are the mirrors I need to start breaking?
      I rebased it on a 40mm round. This is a Wave 1 mini, released a few years ago. The tentacles needed repositioning using the  hot water/cold water technique.

Wave 11: Grell & Basilisk
      Grell:

Who names these monsters? Grell?  What kind of a name is that? This is obviously the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
      The tentacles did not turn out all that well. The purple was too strong compared to the other colours and dried too fast to blend. Bah!

Check out the big brain on Brett!
      40mm base.

And in the same pack as the Grell, a Basilisk:

This one was significantly smaller than I expected. Please disregard the piece of flock-fluff on it's right side middle. This is a loose particle I did not see was stuck there until after the pictures were taken. I just cannot be bothered with taking new ones.

Nice doggie?
      30mm x 20mm oval base.

Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted these, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC
    • By Dan S
      Dan's Build Journal #1
      Bag End

Completed Project Photos:

My Other Build Journals:

Greetings all!

I recently undertook the task of creating several display pieces to serve as scenic backdrops when photographing my miniatures, however being the procrastinator that I am, I have instead found myself with an ever growing pile of unfinished projects.  In an effort to break this cycle I am no longer allowing myself to start new projects until my current one is complete. I figure a progress journal would be a great way to hold myself accountable, and hopefully by sharing my build process even inspire others into giving diorama building a try.

Anyway, without further ado here is my current work in progress, a good old fashioned hobbit hole, my interpretation of Bag End.  I managed to pick up a cheap and incomplete resin kit (front wall and chimney) on Ebay a while back.  I painted it about a month ago, and it has sat on my desk gathering dust ever since.  Today I finally started to put in some real work on the build.

29/05/20  -  Laying the foundation.

The first job was to lay the foundations of the build.  I hot glued thick polystyrene sheets to an old photo frame and then cut them to shape using a hot wire cutter.  The challenging part was then getting the front wall to fit convincingly into the hill, being an incomplete kit, the front wall was completely rectangular and just didn't look right no matter how I positioned it. To fix this, I measured out and then cut some thick card stock in to triangular sections, and then cut some thinner strips to match the wooden beams on the front of the house.  I then glued these to the house so that the walls now followed the contours of the hill more organically.  I also made some curtains using some old fabric (The original kit has holes for windows and I needed to hide the polystyrene behind them).

Next I mixed up some Sculptamold and started to cover the polystyrene and base of the picture frame before adding some rocks that I had cast previously with Plaster of Paris (They are probably hard to make out in the photo, as they blend in with the white sculptamold, but once painted they should stand out nicely).  With that done I decided to call it a day, and give the sculptamold the night to fully dry before adding any paint.  And that is pretty much how I spent my Friday afternoon.

Apologies for the poor picture quality, I took the photo during the evening in poor lighting with my ancient phone camera.  I'll get some better pictures up once I have something more substantial to share.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)