TGP

Getting to Know You, April 2018

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 25: How many pairs of shoes is too many and how close to that limit are you?

I own and use 2 pair regularly, and also have a pair of sandals. I really consider the second pair extraneous. I have one nice pair of dress shoes on top of that. So, 4 pairs. 5 is right out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 25: How many pairs of shoes is too many and how close to that limit are you?

Four.  I'm over it, but the reason is that a lot of them are for specific uses like my aqua socks/water shoes or over the ankle boots for the motorcycle.  It also took me a while to settle on a style of shoe I liked to wear to work after I retired from the military, so some are left over from that process.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:
4 hours ago, TGP said:

Do you have the money to afford shoes?  Do you have the space to store them when you are not wearing them?  Then they are not too many. (kind of like minis)

This.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Too many shoes is subjective.  Some people really like having shoes as fashion accessories and I'm sure some of those people would say 18 minis is too many.

I have five pairs of shoes right now, I think, my sneakers, my work shoes, my nice dress shoes, a pair of hiking boots I use when I'm working outside, and a pair of slip-on shoes for when I need to go outside briefly and don't want to deal with tying shoes.  (We had originally got these when we were painting rooms in the house.)  I would like a new pair of sandals.  We'll see if that happens this year.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Had a foot stood on by a cow while working on my uncle's farm as a teenager. Isn't it amazing how they look you placidly in the eye and WON'T MOVE!

Our cattle are what we call range cattle. They aren't used to people that much and can be wild and dangerous when we need to corral them. With them you work very carefully from a distance. That said some can be like quiet pets. Had one of those slowly walk under my horse and over me once. She just did not want to go the direction I needed her to and wasn't scared of me or the horse. She stepped on my foot and pushed me over and slowly wandered off. I could write all day about cow handling because it's been almost 40 years of my life.

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Not sure how many is too many but I have 5 pairs of work shoes/boots for different conditions and 3 pairs of what I call "town shoes/boots" ( no cow poop on them. Well most of the time). I tend to wear/use things until they disintegrate and only replace as necessary. My town stuff is just newer and cleaner. As work stuff rots off my feet I by a new set and use the older town stuff for work. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I have hiking sneakers (general purpose), 2 pairs of merrell sandals that I wear until it rains or is below ~25*F (these are probably my 6th and 7th pairs - I wear them obsessively). Simple black high heels, two tall black boots, ankle boots, and bright teal ankle boots. Got some other pairs that I am likely yard saleing in summer.

I have both too many and not enough - still don't have nice looking flats. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Its hard to say how many is too many.

I have four pairs (nice shoes, normal shoes, winter shoes and gardening flip-flops) and that's enough for me but I have no fashion sense so I wouldn't be surprised if most people have more.

• Like 6

If you have shoes you haven't worn in over a year, then that's too many.  I only have one pair that fits. Still waiting on feet to decide what size/shape they're going to be. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I have two pairs of tennis style no-name sneakers. One pair has yet to be worn. The other pair is just broken in; i.e., I've been wearing them for the last seven plus years.

Somewhere in the closet I have a lace-up pair of ankle high walking shoes that I haven't worn since moving to Texas. I'm not really a flashy dresser.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 24-4-2018 at 2:10 PM, TGP said:

Question, April 24: Have you ever taken any self-defense or combat arts courses?

Yes, And I have also fought matches.

Judo, Wu Shu Kung Fu, Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and MMA

I'm a real friendly person but I can be violent if need be, don't threaten my family...

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Job related, 1 pair of combat boots, 1 pair of service dress shoes and 1 pair of running shoes.

Private, 1 pair of hiking boots which are my every day shoes as well.

So 4...

As for my girl and the vixens...20! Goblin Math!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Addition: Pair of fuchsia color suede open toe stiletto heels with gold trim. I think they'll have to be the shoes I wear to friend's wedding.... but I have to relearn how to walk in them. Bright side, it makes me have good posture on my top half so I'll look better in my dress. As long as I don't fall. Yeah.... 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, TGP said:

I don't know what "too many" shoes would be, but I think I have "enough".

I've got a pair of running shoes, a pair of loafers, brown shoes for work, black shoes for fancy-dos, sandals for beach days, and winter boots because Canada.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TGP said:

You need as many as the situation warrants; i.e. work shoes, dress shoes, rubber boots, winter boots.

When I had worn out shoes that were still kicking around, that's too many. To the garbage they go.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I...uhh...what is this too many you speak of? I at least have less pairs of shoes than I do minis...

• Haha 13

8 hours ago, TGP said:

If you don't have space to store them, you have too many.

Uh. I own a lot of pairs of boots. I like boots. A few pairs of heels. total is probably less than 20, so I'm good. >.>

• Like 9