Getting to Know You, April 2018

2 hours ago, TGP said:

If you were in charge of your very own Planet...

Question, April 5: Would you rather be Pope, Emperor, Dictator for Life or High King??

Whichever position gives me the most riot-free minions is the one I want. I want minions, and I'll do what I can to keep them happy.... but I'd really like all the minions... just cuz. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not bad, but I think I'd have given them a Passover. 

I am indifferent, though I have an academic sense that it's beneficial.   What I really want is to have shakers FOR my paint bottles. As in, some sort of goblins in a cage that will continua

it would not be a normal paint.   Glitter Medium!   Turning any colour into a glitter variant.  

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Given that it's my planet...  Guardian/Protector. ^_^

Treehouses galore! .... And ancient trees of course. 

My planet also implies it wouldn't have all that many people on it... At least in my chunk of it all. 

That sounds like a nice planet. 

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, TGP said:

That sounds like a nice planet. 

If it's anything like the spaces I used to build in SecondLife...  Yeah, it would be rather cozy and relaxing. 

I also mentioned the waterfalls, the hot springs, and all that with an almost perpetual spring-summer transition phase for temperatures, right? ^_^ ... And of course snow on the mountains.  Hard to snowboard on mountains without snow. ::P:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Whichever position gives me the most riot-free minions is the one I want. I want minions, and I'll do what I can to keep them happy.... but I'd really like all the minions... just cuz. :ph34r:

Mrs. Gru?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 5: Would you rather be Pope, Emperor, Dictator for Life or High King??

Out of these four?   (Benevolent) Dictator for Life.  You can be a dictator and still listen to the people and still find consensus.  

But I don't think I'm interested in the position.  It sounds like a lot of work without much in returns.

• Like 4

Having thought about it a bit more I quite fancy the idea of being Dictator in the Republican Roman sense.

You live a prosperous life as a Roman citizen.When the city is threatened by barbarian hordes you get given absolute power over everything. Command magnificent Roman Legions to defeat the enemy... and then hand power back to the senate and go back to your farm, (or in my case the painting table,) and  live to a ripe old age, respected by everybody.

It's the 20th. century dictators who have given the job a bad name.

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I prefer to be addressed as "Evil High Overlord of the Multiverse"...

Watch out for guys with freaky wooden-like masks.  Apoks will getcha if you're evil.  (Wormwood reference for those that haven't played Rifts) 

• Like 3
On 4/2/2018 at 9:28 AM, TGP said:

Question for, April 3: Did you see any bizarrely colorized Easter Bunnies or other strange Easter holiday decor this year?

I saw a package of marblized neon egg dye. That looked pretty wild.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:59 PM, TGP said:

Question, April 4: Did you get fooled by the Easter Bunny or any other pranksters this year?

Nope.

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Well, High King implies that you're High King over all the kings in narnia, so I'll take that one. Narnia has talking beasts, so I get animal friends.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, TGP said:

Space Pope.

It would be more of a ceremonial thing since I make it a habit to pay my respects to all local gods. I'd be a 'do whatever I dun care' Space Pope.

• Like 7

If I were totally in charge? And I could terraform the place? I'd prefer to be called The Magrathean.

I'd happily spend time building the equatorial regions, but I've got someone specific in mind for the northern fjords.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, TGP said:

The problem with all of these is what happens next. If I were not inclined to care about what happened to said planet after my death, it wouldn't really matter which self-appointed strongman role I took. But since I do, I guess none of them?

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TGP
      The rules: as they were last month (in addition to all regular forum rules) except where I sneakily changed them:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question. †
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day, a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... ††
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 1 AM Reaper time (US Central).
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to Talespinner or Morihalda… 
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.
      8. Pix always welcome.

The first question will need to be posted after a brief (10 minute) pause to foil the merging of posts.
      The footnotes, because I can't resist doing †††footnotes:

† I will aim for 0600 Reaper/Nottingham time.
      ††  If subs and backstops could wait until 11AM in Reaper/Denton's timezone to see if I remember.
      ††† …because I re-remembered how to do the dagger ( † ) symbol.
    • By Morihalda
      The rules as they currently stand (in addition to all regular forum rules):

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or some thing) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day (or send a recently asked one!) a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 1 AM Reaper time (US Central).
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

The first question shall be posted after a brief pause to prevent the merging of posts.
    • By TGP
      Index and Contents

First round Artist Trading Card sent to DougBL

Second round Artist Trading Card sent to Pcktlnt

Step - By - Step pictures of Platypode ATC (New June 2)

TGPTGP
    • By ManvsMini
      Happy New Year and welcome to Getting to Know You, January 2021 Edition!

The rules as they currently stand (in addition to all regular forum rules):

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 10:30am Eastern US Daylight time.
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 

Thank you all for playing along as we get to know the real you... tell me, Malcolm Reynolds, are you familiar with the works of Shan Yu?

The first question shall be posted after a brief pause to prevent the merging of posts.

-MvM
    • By TGP
      Welcome to Getting to Know You, SEPTEMBER** 2020 Edition, **brought to you by the number 7, and the Roman Empire.

The latest iteration of the rules follows (LAST EDIT: 1 SEPT 2020):

1. Every day a question will be posted (but see rule 7). 
      1.5. Should I fail to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy & former Quisitors, will probably step in and post one (but see rule 3.5).
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer the question of the day before the next question is posted.
      3. Questions are going to be posted as early as 1 Minute after Midnite or as late as Noon CDT (Central Daylight Time, U.S. )
      3.5 @MusicalFeline  is primary backup this month. MF, please note this is a ^ 12 hour span ^ but if I haven't managed by then jump in.
      4. Anyone is encouraged to suggest future questions. Send a PM to the current or any previous Quisitor. 
      6. If a question feels like TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions will often be formatted as  two or three day quests, or multi-part related questions, posted on Fridays or Saturdays.

All HAIL W.O.O.F!      

THAT ^ TEXT BASED INCURSION REDACTED BY M.E.O.W     

THE AGENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREVIOUS GRAFFITI  HAVE BEEN APPREHENDED
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)