Sign in to follow this  
Level1painter

14442 Gam-Nan, Gaan-Hor Elder

OUTSTANDING! The Flying Lizard Fellow is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation. I love the way you did his/her wings...the spots are an imaginative touch. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! The Flying Lizard Fellow is a BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creation. I love the way you did his/her wings...the spots are an imaginative touch. VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you for your kinds words. ::D:

Very well composed.  I like the piercing gaze of this sculpt and I like the way he is positioned so that his sight line is clearly focused on the enemy he is going to impale with that polearm.  I also like the way you've highlighted from the front view.  It brings the viewers eye into towards his chest and then catches you with his piercing glare.  Plus I love the dots and the overall green colour scheme.  Nicely done.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

Very well composed.  I like the piercing gaze of this sculpt and I like the way he is positioned so that his sight line is clearly focused on the enemy he is going to impale with that polearm.  I also like the way you've highlighted from the front view.  It brings the viewers eye into towards his chest and then catches you with his piercing glare.  Plus I love the dots and the overall green colour scheme.  Nicely done.

Thanks for the comment, the hard part was getting an idea of how to position the miniature so that it looked a little more natural as well as allowing enough points of contact to secure it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      So this is my take at painting Na'Kaat
      My firend uses this mini as a pc in our dnd campaign. The axe that comes with the mini felt too small to her so I swapped it with the two handed axe from 03197: Thelgar Halfblood, Half Orc Barbarian.

All in all this was one was nice to paint and is really nice to look at after  Hope you like it too!

• By Maledrakh
      The Dragonman something from the Bones 4 core set. This mini actually comes in many parts and with a selection of different weaponry and hand-held things. I went with the bucaneery sabre and dagger on account of the high boots looking a little piratey.  Also, this is what the render shown in the KS looked like.
      I went with a bronze / gold armour and my new darker flock mix. Turned out well in my opinion at least.
      The base is a 3D printed 35x25mm lipped oval as I thought a 40mm round was too large.

B4Core #16 Dragonman (?)
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 4 KS 2017
      unknown sculptor
      Bonesium PVC.
      35x25mm 3D printed oval lipped base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
    • By Vacaroja
      This is my second entry into the Reaper Facebook Convert and Paint contest. I wanted to do this one because I love doing dragonman (dragonborn) conversions. There just aren't enough kinds of dragonmen to model for various character classes. And I'm glad that the catfolk minis came out within the last year because when I think about dragonmen, I like to see their clawed hands and feet, so it makes them great for such a conversion in my eyes.

These were the minis used for parts, including pieces from the dragonman conversion kit: 03457.

Poor Shadoweyes got her head and tail cut off.  Then I had to do some filing and filling to smooth out the cuts (particularly in the back because the tail was sculpted against the backs of the right leg and sword) and some of the fur pattern on her arms and legs. Also had to create small bit armor at the base of the tail so the pieces flowed together well. All Captain Razig lost was his hat and added a head and tail from the conversion kit.

Originally, she was going to be green with dark purple/red armor.  But after I got the original base coats on, I felt she looked too much like a lizard and not a dragon, so I switched it up.

She ended up being the winner.  I was shocked. I figured I might place, but pretty as she is, I didn't think this was one of my better pieces. But she was fun to do and I'm glad the Reaper folks put together this event.

And now, because I still feel bad about chopping off Shadoweyes' head, I'm using a portion of the winnings to buy another one to paint!
    • By Maledrakh
      Next randomly grabbed mini is the Dragonman Warrior from the first Bones kickstarter. This one suffers a bit from the softer Bones material used on the earlier Bones. The details are a bit soft, especially around the mouth and face in general. The scales are not all as marked as they might have been. The weapon needed straightening as is common with these minis. As can be seen in the pictures, the straightening was successful, but not quite perfect.

I thought this one might have a bit more armour than the average Lizardman. Turns out it is meant as a player character mini. So it became the Paladin Sir Hisst.

A quick and comparatively easy paint job. I struggled a bit with the face on account of the soft details.

77060: Dragonman Warrior
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Fighters subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)