Huzzah! Another victim . . . err . . . competitor! As always this will be fun to watch, and most importantly: You can do eeeeet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Go go! You can doooo eeet!

(... but take care of your wrists and hands ...)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

you know you have got this one in the bag...

****  Mister boot....  Please prepare the padded room for occupancy   *****

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Go go! You can doooo eeet!

(... but take care of your wrists and hands ...)

^^^ This. 

I am going to paint along, I'll be attempting to finish the female magic user in 7 days. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Marbles lost indeed.

The nursery rhyme is one thing, but she's feeding the models now people.  Maybe time for an intervention?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Clearman said:

Marbles lost indeed.

The nursery rhyme is one thing, but she's feeding the models now people.  Maybe time for an intervention?

Nah, so long as she doesn't feed people to the models she's fine. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

The Topic of this post presupposes that OneBoot had marbles to begin with.

This is awesome. Will be following this with much interest. Cheers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Been a while since there's been a seven day goblin challenge in these parts.  Guess we were about due.  <nods sagely>

OneBoot, as you are a  veteran of many challenges I know you can succeed on this one.  <waves flags madly>. Go OneBoot!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Labella DeMornay, Banshee from the first Bones kickstarter, This is a green translucent, and like all translucents I undercoated it first with Army Painter Anti Shine Matt Varnish, so the following washes would have something to adhere to. This is key to painting translucents. Also, make sure to use transparent paints, like inks and quickshade washes. Opaque paints will invariably ruin the translucent effect. The green tinge of the plastic will affect any transparent colours that are used, and so this must be taken into consideration. For her brown hair, I used Citadel Carroburg Crimson shade (a dark red). The skin is Citadel Casandora Yellow Shade, the dress is old Citadel Blue glaze (red flip-cap hex pot) and ditto Turquoise glaze. Taking care to draw off any pooling and to avoid unsightly tide marks by smoothing with a damp brush while wet. The aim is to tint the translucent plastic, not sp much paint over it, or even "shade" it. Not sure how pleased I am with the results here. I think the results could have been much better if the plastic was clear not green tinged.

77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Translucent green Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
    • By strawhat
      Well, I managed to fight my way back into hobbying...at least a little bit.  The wraiths were some of the minis I was anxious to get at, so I wasted no time.

I thought about doing the expected (black and grey), but that left me uninspired.  So I thought about ROY-G-BV-ing them.  But I didn't have any OYs that I thought would be appropriate.  So I just muddled my way through.

My apologies to Bob Ridolfi, your sculpts are wonderful and deserve better than what I can throw on them.

The new wood paints were brought out to work the haft.  
      Muddy Soil served as the base for Bloodstain Red and Clotted Red

Nightmare Black followed by Carbon Grey and Glacier Mist.  This was a little too close to the Blue Greys triad, I was hoping for something further off.

The robes were started with Coal Black, and then hit with Peacock Green.  Brilliant Green finished them.  The tabard was started with Pure Black, followed with Stormy Grey, and then finished with Cloudy Grey.

The robes were started with Pure Black, then followed up with Dark Elf Shadow and Dark Elf Skin.  This is one of my favorite combinations.

I love the Blue Greys triad.  Midnight Blue, Twilight Blue, and then a 50/50 mix of Twilight Blue and Snow Shadow.  I think this is my favorite.

I wanted a monument reminiscent of marble, so I started with Leather White, Pure White, and finished with Sparkling Snow.
      The robes were done with Regal Purple, Monarch Purple, and Royal Purple.  The difference is a little more obvious in person, but I was having troubles with the camera.
    • By Metalchaos
      Good evening everyone, here's my latest achievement, Reaper's giant lycanthrope rodent. I painted this feral hybrid for an upcoming D&D session. It's a charming classical setting. The players get to clean the city sewers infested with filthy wererats and their dire rat pets. I made up the stats for this specific model. He's going to be the leader of the group, Brattus the Hill Giant Wererat.

Reaper Miniatures 77292, Giant Wererat sculpted by Jason Wiebe. Painted up with Reaper's MSP acrylic paint and mounted on a 50mm round base.

Have a good weekend!

• By Maledrakh
      From the second Bones kickstarter, the Sea Hag:

A very simple but effective paint job. I started with a black undercoat with a heavy-ish light grey zenithal primer on. I slapped some Vallejo Nocturna Natural Flesh on the lower rags and Scale75 Arbuckles Brown on the top rags. Then I sloshed CItadel Athonian Camoshade all over it, drawing off most pooling to avoid those tidemarks. Very light drybrysh with Vallejo Nocturna Cold Flesh when dry.
      The hair got a coat of Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh followed by Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade Ink. Eyes get a dot of Citadel Wazdakka Red followed by a smaller dot of Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow.
      Base and done.
      Even though this mini is billed as a Sea Hag and she does have a slight fishy look about her, I am thinking she will be joining my Ghoul army as some sort of subleader.

"Who be this tender morsel? Come to Meg, juicy boy! What a fine fat boy you are!"

77276 Sea Hag
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By 72moonglum
      So here is the third figure from the set I was working on recently, a female fighter or ranger with staff. Nowadays on the Ral Partha's site, they just call her a fighter, but she originally belonged  to a three piece blister pack of Rangers from Julie Guthrie's "All Things Dark and Dangerous" figure line.

Being she was a ranger originally, quite the opposite of the Ranger Archer I just finished a few days ago, I tried to give her a bit more natural colors.  And here is then the group together, and the original image I found from an old catalogue:

So anyhow, fun figure to paint, hope you all enjoy!
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 124 Guests (See full list)