• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS!

I will create your new FULL FOUR FANCY BADGE once I figure out which of these computers has the files on it. 

edit:  also, I just realized mine is wrong.  Mine should read Kally Killer, Dragonslayer, Khanqueror.  At some point I must have nicked Guindy's old one, probably after photobucket borked my piccies. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Start planning some free weeks in 2019 for Bones 4 goodies, @OneBoot

Actually, there aren't any Goblin Challenge minis in Bones 4. @buglips*the*goblin has decided that there is just going to be the 4: Kaladrax, Khanjira, Ma'al Drakar, and Dragons Don't Share 2014 edition (otherwise known as DDS2).

Dance of Death was considered, but the feedback he got was "I won't paint that for a 7 day Challenge because it's too pretty." ::):

Huzzah!       

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Actually, there aren't any Goblin Challenge minis in Bones 4.

You're very good at painting in a fast, efficient manner that's fun for others to watch and root for.  You can always create your own challenges if you're out of Goblin Challenges.  You've done that before, haven't you?  

Thanks for letting us enjoy the challenge with you.  Your dragon turned out a beautiful color, and I hope you have fun adding to it when the time is right. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Actually, there aren't any Goblin Challenge minis in Bones 4. @buglips*the*goblin has decided that there is just going to be the 4: Kaladrax, Khanjira, Ma'al Drakar, and Dragons Don't Share 2014 edition (otherwise known as DDS2).

Dance of Death was considered, but the feedback he got was "I won't paint that for a 7 day Challenge because it's too pretty." ::):

Huzzah!       

Then they'd be Painting Boot Camp challenges and you can steal the name of the challenge from Bugs :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

You can always create your own challenges if you're out of Goblin Challenges.  You've done that before, haven't you?  

I have, actually! I started the Purple Cat Challenges some time ago, with smaller but still challenging figures and a 5 day time limit. Currently I just have Cthulhu and Maashaf as options, because I want to test out any others myself before adding them to the list.

If there's interest, I can see about making an official Rules thread, and gradually adding more figures to the list (once I've recovered from this thing lol). You get a personalized shiny purple dog tag not-trophy, and a shiny purple Certificate of Awesomeness signed in shiny purple ink; see example pictures in the spoiler (it felt a bit odd giving myself my own award, but I needed a way to make sure everything looked nice, so I figured why not :lol:).

FXLfeR2l.jpg

QaeNTg5l.jpg?1

8 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Then they'd be Painting Boot Camp challenges and you can steal the name of the challenge from Bugs :lol:

Nah, I've got my own thing (see above). Besides, after a lot of thought shortly after Bones 4 funded, I decided that even if he did add any of the Bones 4 minis, I was ready to let my size 0 brushes rest and instead enjoy painting up my giant Bones 4 pieces in a sane fashion. All of the big pieces are just too lovely, Dance of Death in particular, for me to want to subject them to a Goblin Challenge. I'm content to let my total stand at 4. ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 14

MrBoot has arrived back home safely from the wilds of Canada! ^_^ He thinks Caraxis looks pretty neat, even though his wings are very very lavender. :lol:

Post-Challenge thoughts:

I had a whole lot more fun with this Challenge than I'd expected (aside from problems I had with the dragon's eyes), and the adventuring party gave me significantly less grief than I thought they would. Perhaps it's because I went in with a plan of how to minimize my tendency to pick out all of the fun details, perhaps it's just lots of practice from all of the Challenges I've done, who knows. ^_^

I'm actually a little sad that this is the last one, even though I'm a bit relieved as well; these take a lot out of me, but man are they a wild fun ride! :bday: I've learned such a substantial amount with each one, and even though none of them were my best quality, to be perfectly honest I never would have painted any of them if I hadn't decided to take the plunge. Kaladrax and the rest would still be sitting in their boxes gathering dust, since I initially found such big projects rather intimidating. Now I know I can tackle anything my paintbrush can handle, and that's a wonderful feeling. ^_^

I'd like to express my deep and sincere gratitude to everybody one more time; I couldn't have done any of these without your cheering and support and silly shenanigans. They kept me going when I wanted nothing more than to hurl the beastie across the room in sheer frustration. Special thanks to @buglips*the*goblin for starting this whole insanity, and to @Guindyloo for being my partner in madness through all of this. ::D:

Proper show-off pics to follow once I've properly finished off the wings, which should be by the end of the week. ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1