Sign in to follow this  
pcktlnt

Fireball Island Restored - Restoration Games

I was jealous of friends who owned one too...  This was an awesomely fun game full of mayhem to play with friends!

• Like 3

Hmm I have some nephews in the right age range for this.  I'm guessing that's the marketing here: people who had this as kids, who now buy stuff for their kids.

Old commercial for nostalgia reasons: (not this kickstarter)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jeneki said:

Hmm I have some nephews in the right age range for this.  I'm guessing that's the marketing here: people who had this as kids, who now buy stuff for their kids.

Old commercial for nostalgia reasons: (not this kickstarter)

Restoration games is getting a pretty good reputation for not just reprinting old games, but turning them into good modern games in the process. So while I'm sure it's still largely a kids game, it's probably also to a level where the right group of adults would enjoy it beyond just the nostalgia value.

• Like 2

...yeah, I signed on last night. I thought it was just a kids' game back in the day, and by the time I found out how much fun it was, it was upwards of a hundred bucks for a beat up copy on eBay...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

...yeah, I signed on last night. I thought it was just a kids' game back in the day, and by the time I found out how much fun it was, it was upwards of a hundred bucks for a beat up copy on eBay...

I’m in as well. It was a blast when we were 8, and they seem to have made several design improvements that should add playability for the now grown-ups.

And yeah, it reached ridiculously Hero Quest-like prices on eBay. But, there really hasn’t ever been anything else quite like it.

• Like 2

My brother had this game.  I'm pretty sure my mom still has it stashed away somewhere, though its likely pretty beat up.  I'll have to look for it next time I'm in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

Alright, that's playing dirty,  I have the map bird from the original and I have occasionally used pieces and parts to try and play.  Offering a better remake at the same time as I receive an unexpected windfall is just unfair!  Guess I have to back to satisfy the nostalgia itch...

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corsair
      This one ends tomorrow. It looks pretty neat
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wowbuildings/wow-in-space-the-re-entry-zone?ref=ksr_email_user_new_friend_backing
    • By SamuraiJack
      <link here>

Tomb Guardians over the past year has been asked to release our miniatures in a resin/plastic material because a lot of you do not like metal.  So for nearly a year we have discussed and researched the best way to produce a high quality, high detail miniature that is far above the current standard on the market.  We are happy to announce that we have found a method and decided to release all our 28mm monsters in a High Resolution Resin.  These miniatures will come with a 1 year guarantee, if you break one we will replace it for FREE!  Just mail it back to us.   Bobby Jackson, Jason Weibe, Gene Van Horne and Patrick Keith help create these amazing creatures.  We hope you enjoy our Monsters and want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  

• By Darsc Zacal
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/northumbriantin/the-curious-case-of-the-cats-of-crumptown-28mm-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

A fantastical range of White Metal Cat Miniatures representing the iconic fifth edition character classes of the world’s greatest roleplaying game!

No pics of the minis yet. Will update this post as more info is released.

• By Chris Palmer
      Neat little Kickstarter to make a set of Plastic Toy Soldier Style Army Women.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bmctoys/plastic-army-women?ref=9u35x8&amp;token=9e662474

The BMC Toys Plastic Army Women is a 24-piece set of plastic female soldier figures in 6 different poses:
      Pathfinder Captain Standing Rifleman Kneeling Rifleman Prone Sniper Grenadier Bazooka Operator November 16th Update: Stretch Goals #1, #2 and #3 are unlocked. All packs of Plastic Army Women are getting upgraded to 36 figures in 12 different poses.  Additional poses include:
      Running Rifleman Combat Medic Low-Crawl Rifleman Radio Operator Wounded Soldier ????????  Made from slightly flexible olive drab green color LDPE plastic, the figures will be approximately 1:32 scale, and stand up to 2.1 inches tall. Their uniforms and equipment are Cold War era, and the size and style are designed to allow these figures to fit in with a wide range of Plastic Army Men that already populate several generations of toy boxes. 

• By ladystorm
      In an effort to reduce confusion by people seeking information and asking on topic questions, we are creating two threads for our Bones 5 Kickstarter.

This is the thread for conversations, enthusiasm, and commentary.

This thread will be lightly moderated to ensure forum rules are followed and specific questions may be relocated to the Official Information thread.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88396-reaper-bones-5-information-thread/

Link to project:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reaperbones5/reaper-miniatures-bones-5-escape-from-pizza-dungeon/description
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)