Smokestack

Legends of Signum

Oh I don't cut. I whittle with a scalpel. It takes longer but is very rewarding. I probably need to change blades soon. Would you like some Roland pictures?

• Like 3

On 5/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Oh I don't cut. I whittle with a scalpel. It takes longer but is very rewarding. I probably need to change blades soon. Would you like some Roland pictures?

Absolutely

• Like 1

Package received today.  I probably won't get a chance to inventory it tonight, but just glancing through it appears to have arrived safely.

11 hours ago, Auberon said:

Package received today.  I probably won't get a chance to inventory it tonight, but just glancing through it appears to have arrived safely.

Make sure you check everything. If anything's missing the Signum guys have really good customer service.

I've nearly finished building everything now. Nearly.

There's just 2 figures to finish and 1 to base (I haven't decided if I should paint the chaos dwarf sorcerer with tentacles for legs before or after attaching him to a base). I also have a few extra minis that I really liked. They're the three over on the right near the griffon rider - although one of them's completely hidden by the wing. Still to build are the genie (almost half done) and the second giant werewolf model.

IMG_3729.JPG.cd4426a185dc55b983f2501afe8deee5.JPG

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 4

I haven't seen an "and we're done" update, but I'll throw my 2¢ in before lockdown.

I've finally gotten around to cleaning about a dozen or so of these.  There are a lot of nice sculpts with some character... but IMO they need to hire someone to work QC. For these complex 10 part figures I'll have a couple pieces that are near flawless, most of standard resin quality needing just a little cleanup, and then a couple of pieces that look like they outsourced their casting to one of the Chinese recasters off of Ebay.  Problems vary from misaligned molds to resin blobs with a different texture, as if it wasn't completely mixed. The figures are all from the "Advanced" set which came in standard retail blisters.  It has made me a bit leery of making another order.  On the plus side, nothing has been missing.

Fingers crossed I have better luck with what's actually in the box.

I pulled a bit of mold out of my orc pirate's coat, but it at least was in a location no one will ever see.

• Like 2

I had the Core Set: Battle for Vallor, and most of the parts fit very well in my set. Pretty good castings all over. 

The only issue I've had is that the elfed 'crest' or whatever the thing behind Roland the Annoying's head is called, was broken off. Nothing that a drop of CA coupldn't solve.  

I've bought a few minis outside of the KS, and they've all been good, too.