Smokestack

Legends of Signum

30 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I can wait that long!  People are still bailing and I imagine it will only get worse once more people get the news.  I hope they come back!

That's probably why they timed the IP claim for a Friday late in the evening when the project creators were probably getting ready for bed.

I'm hoping it's a false accusation and not by the speculated miniature company. Don't want a sour taste for that project.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

I'm hoping it's a false accusation and not by the speculated miniature company. Don't want a sour taste for that project.

Yeah. A false accusation (probably by an over-zealous fan) is probably the only way this would be resolved before the project's due date.

4 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

My current thoughts:

1: Bet it's Confrontation.

2: Well that can't be good. I haven't seen a project recover from an IP dispute yet. Seen it shut down 2 good projects after they got funded.

3: Even if the IP infringement claim is false the damage it could cause in terms of confidence and pulled pledges could be pretty monumental.

1- Yeah- they just finished their kickstarter, and collected their money.  They have a history with Cadwallon, and I don't think they have any idea what they should be doing with those funds they collected.
2- Yeah, that's bad.  I was wondering what good projects you've seen get shut down like this?  The only ones I can think of were Heroquest 25 and Alien vs. Predator (some of the worst reputations on kickstarter).
3- If it doesn't get resolved VERY quickly, it could hurt a LOT.  But they could also reset their campaign.

2 minutes ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Oh I did back Heroquest 25! Didn't back the later attempts on other platforms 'though.

Yeah, Heroquest was definitely shady.

I've been following the conversations about this over at the Confrontation Kickstarter.

I was wondering- what is the relationship between Cadwallon and Legends of Signum?  Some people were saying that Cadwallon were trying to hide their identities during the campaign.

I wish I could still see the KS page and find out what Signum had to say about this.

11 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

I wish I could still see the KS page and find out what Signum had to say about this.

You could go keep an eye on their Facebook page. Legends of Signum.

They haven't said much yet.

15 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

I've been following the conversations about this over at the Confrontation Kickstarter.

I was wondering- what is the relationship between Cadwallon and Legends of Signum?  Some people were saying that Cadwallon were trying to hide their identities during the campaign.

They were claiming that Cadwallon was only selling LoS miniatures but that they were not involved with them anymore than that.  

They had even gone as far as saying they had considered filing some kind of complaint against Cadwallon. 

They were pretty steadfast that they had nothing to do with them.  Its hard to say though. 

• Like 1

I thought the line started out as "Legends of Cadwallon."  Like a spiritual successor to Confrontation, you know?  I honestly didn't know that Cadwallon didn't own the rights to Confrontation for a long while.

If the Confrontation people are behind the shutdown, it is probably because of the bad blood with Cadwallon.  I can't see how they'd have much of a case, but that doesn't mean that it won't hurt the campaign and game.

@Darsc Zacal Yeah- I've been over there- all I've seen so far is "We promise to let you know what's going on, but fight now we've got to find out what's going on."

59 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'm thinking it might be time to do a bit of sympathy shopping over on the Cadwallon site...  

You know, I actually thought the same thing. I'm more inclined now to increase my pledge in the Kickstarter rather than lowering it because of this if it turns out that the SD-team is behind this.

• Like 1

While the basis for the claim is probably the look of the miniatures I'm intrigued to ponder what other aspects of the project could be claimed. It uses cards, miniatures & dice. It uses a game board rather than an open playing area.Are the card mechanics too similar to another game?

I'm also interested to know the motivation behind this claim. Whether it was genuinely someone trying to protect their interest or if they were primarily trying to damage another company's chances.

Okay, so it seems someone is claiming that some of the Signum sculpts are based on old un-used Confrontation concept art. Someone calling themself Adrian Smith. Not sure if it's the Adrian Smith who's done loads of art for Games Workshop over the years or someone else. My money's on someone else.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

Sooooo....

In the Confrontation comments section one of the French speaking backers has proudly provided a link to a webpage bearing this information (which apparently does not like to be copied & pasted). It looks like we all called it correct. They must be desperate for money as their project did not do as well as they'd hoped.

DMCA claim by AMMIRATI CHRISTOPHE for Legends of Signum: Battle for Vallor

SENDER
STELLAR LICENCING & CONSULTING Limited
[Private]Lyon, Rhône, 69003, FRSent on May 09, 2018
RECIPIENT
Kickstarter, PBC

[Private]Brooklyn, NY, 11222, US

Re: Legends of Signum: Battle for Vallor

SENT VIA: UNKNOWN

NOTICE TYPE:
DMCA

1. Copyright claim #1

KIND OF WORK:Project
    DESCRIPTIONCopyright Description: Miniatures, names of characters, place, coat of arms, contained in the Confrontation, Aarklash and Cadwallon universes, Infringement Description: Miniatures, names of characters, place, coat of arms, contained in the Confrontation, Aarklash and Cadwallon universes Details on dmca+id870651@kickstarter.zendesk.com
    ORIGINAL URLS:
JURISDICTIONS
Unspecified

• Like 1