After I started working on my Soviet Russian girls, I soon noticed that I missed some usable terrain.

So it was time for me to start making some.

I checked my stuff and ... unfortunately I didn't have got any usable terrain. But I had some 28mm Warhammer 40k barrels and boxes. So ... what to do with those? ...

jykm-1wi-af84.jpg

jykm-1wj-7650.jpg

Luckily I am a person full of ideas and dreams and melancholy. So I remembered back in the days when I was young, I played a game called "Blitzkrieg".

"Blitzkrieg" was a lovely game using a lovely graphic engine for displaying things. And they had this wonderful supply depot, which I think would be perfect

jykm-1x1-b549.jpg

jykm-1x2-c2fb.jpg

First off I have have to prepare some boxes to later have a good foundation for the blanket.

jykm-1wk-16d3.jpg

... which ended in in looking like this:

jykm-1wp-2602.jpg

jykm-1wq-3b07.jpg

jykm-1wr-5a8c.jpg

jykm-1ws-9693.jpg

Time to paint!

• Like 19

4 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

So what material did you make the tarp from?

I forgot to say it, did I?

It's a simple tissue. I cut off the patterened pieces, then covered it in slightly watered wood glue and put it over the crates.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Isn't "weathering and snow" a little redundant? :lol: :poke:

Looks great!

Well, who knows where the equipment has been before. The snow is just the last stage of weathering. All the other stages and their peripheral matter (mud, dust and so on) are also part of the weathering. Therefore for me there is a difference :poke:

Thanks for the comment^^

• Like 4

And a farmhouse ... stable mixture. I don't know where this house is from. I bought it as a slightly damaged piece from a member of a German forum and repaired as well as repainted it. Then weathered it and finally applied some backing soda as snow.

jykm-1wt-e83a.jpg

jykm-1wu-1bd0.jpg

jykm-1wv-83b3.jpg

jykm-1wx-9315.jpg

jykm-1wy-3ca7.jpg

jykm-1x0-e73d.jpg

Looks good, I think. Very fitting!

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, robinh said:

looks good to me!    I like how you manage to keep a cohesive look to all of the terrain.  

It's all the same snow variant, therefore :-D Haha - I am happy it fits. And I am happy you like it!

And an update here as well:

I got some old Warhammer Fantasy walls and some other as well - okay. not the best solution for WWII themed walls, but well ... they were cheap :-D

jykm-1xj-ce3a.jpg

More to come.

• Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Hello everyone,

A new piece of work.

This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.

The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.

The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.

As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.

//

//

When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.

Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:

https://www.instagram.com/sistermarynapalm/

• By saucermenstudios
      Next week, the Lost Colony: Spaceship Graveyard Kickstarter goes live.

Preview video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoWMlOpl2Vk

Pre-signups at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saucermenstudios/lost-colony-spaceship-graveyard

Lost colony: spaceship Graveyard is the ultimate starship wreckage system. It's all about customisation, fallen spacecraft and the fragments they leave behind.
      This modular, 3D printable terrain is the second Kickstarter from Saucermen Studios and is even bigger and more diverse than the last. As stretch goals unlock, over 210 models become available to help you build incredibly detailed and tightly packed skirmish tables or larger, sprawling battlefields.

The huge core set of 80+ interlocking spaceship wreckage parts is delivered as stl files. It features incredibly detailed, double sided hull plates with internal features, computer terminals, piping, machinery, airlocks, windows, rooftops, debris sections as well as attachable ship featuressuch as boosters, engines, landing gears, weaponry and hi-tech gadgetry such as sensor arrays.

Follow the project at https://www.facebook.com/saucermenstudios

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By lexomatic
      i stumbled across this neat article on social media. It seems doable enough - balsa, hydrogen peroxide +sun light, and marine epoxy?
      Not huge application, but I suppose it would allow glass skyscrapers, greenhouses, and... mostly windows? Will post if I try. Please share if you try.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)