After I started working on my Soviet Russian girls, I soon noticed that I missed some usable terrain.

So it was time for me to start making some.

I checked my stuff and ... unfortunately I didn't have got any usable terrain. But I had some 28mm Warhammer 40k barrels and boxes. So ... what to do with those? ...

jykm-1wi-af84.jpg

jykm-1wj-7650.jpg

Luckily I am a person full of ideas and dreams and melancholy. So I remembered back in the days when I was young, I played a game called "Blitzkrieg".

"Blitzkrieg" was a lovely game using a lovely graphic engine for displaying things. And they had this wonderful supply depot, which I think would be perfect

jykm-1x1-b549.jpg

jykm-1x2-c2fb.jpg

First off I have have to prepare some boxes to later have a good foundation for the blanket.

jykm-1wk-16d3.jpg

... which ended in in looking like this:

jykm-1wp-2602.jpg

jykm-1wq-3b07.jpg

jykm-1wr-5a8c.jpg

jykm-1ws-9693.jpg

Time to paint!

• Like 19

4 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

So what material did you make the tarp from?

I forgot to say it, did I?

It's a simple tissue. I cut off the patterened pieces, then covered it in slightly watered wood glue and put it over the crates.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Isn't "weathering and snow" a little redundant? :lol: :poke:

Looks great!

Well, who knows where the equipment has been before. The snow is just the last stage of weathering. All the other stages and their peripheral matter (mud, dust and so on) are also part of the weathering. Therefore for me there is a difference :poke:

Thanks for the comment^^

• Like 4

And a farmhouse ... stable mixture. I don't know where this house is from. I bought it as a slightly damaged piece from a member of a German forum and repaired as well as repainted it. Then weathered it and finally applied some backing soda as snow.

jykm-1wt-e83a.jpg

jykm-1wu-1bd0.jpg

jykm-1wv-83b3.jpg

jykm-1wx-9315.jpg

jykm-1wy-3ca7.jpg

jykm-1x0-e73d.jpg

Looks good, I think. Very fitting!

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, robinh said:

looks good to me!    I like how you manage to keep a cohesive look to all of the terrain.  

It's all the same snow variant, therefore :-D Haha - I am happy it fits. And I am happy you like it!

And an update here as well:

I got some old Warhammer Fantasy walls and some other as well - okay. not the best solution for WWII themed walls, but well ... they were cheap :-D

jykm-1xj-ce3a.jpg

More to come.

• Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kuroneko
      I'm sure many of you can sympathise- we see a cool model in a kickstarter, finally get it delivered and then sit flummoxed whilst trying to figure out exactly how to paint said mini. This Mystic Portal has been sitting on my painting desk since last June and I finally figured out what to do with it.

Imagine that your players have just finished ransacking your meticulously planned dungeon/keep/cavern system. They've breezed through the encounters, possibly due to good dice rolls or possibly that they're a bunch of min/maxing little murder hobos. What you need is one final encounter, one last chance for them to shine or to let them spectacularly fail.

There's one last room left and it's securely locked. It'll certainly be magically warded and if I know my players then that's a challenge that they won't be able to pass up. Inside the room is a single portal, made of nondescript stone but with stunning looking gems set into the eyes of it's carved dragons. Surely none of them would be daft enough to trigger an obviously dangerous portal?

You haven't met my players

My plan to paint one side of the portal the naturalistic stone colour and to paint the other side the fully active, just about to summon a multi headed dragon, portal. This means that when they invariably trigger it, all I have to do is spin it around and savour their worried/confused faces Here's hoping that I can actually do it justice.

This is the portal. It's cast in translucent bonesium, which I like because it gives you a choice between taking advantage to it's see through quality or to just paint it like a normal mini. I opted to paint it as normal.

There was a slight bit of warping on the base piece, but the old 'boiling/ice water' trick sorted it out in 5 minutes. I'm planning on setting the base on some warning runes, so I used the Greenstuff World Dwarven rolling pin on some foam to see how it would fit onto the pattern.

On to the painting! I painted the inactive side of the portal Cloudy Grey 9089 and the active side Pure Black 9037.

I'm not sure if I'm going to fuzz up this line or leave it as a stark contrast.

I added a black/ green wash to dirty up the stone and added a little bit of orange to the stone to give it a little bit of texture

The real work begins! I started blocking in the colours for the active side of the portal. Red, purplish black, white, green and blue. It's almost as if I'm trying to match my half finished Ma'al Drakar

My coordination went a bit wobbly with the foo dogs(which are awesome, btw!) so that's where I left it for tonight. We've got a storm coming in tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get some more work done on it tomorrow. Any comments/criticism/suggestions are, as always, warmly received.

• By lexomatic
      So I got a newsletter with super early (2020) kickstarter tease (image behind the spoiler).

• By Glitterwolf
      There are some things that don't really fit a project and aren't important enough for a thread on their own.
      I'll put those here.

Like this campfire.
      3D printed from the Artisan Guild welcome Pack

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1314367776/fantasy-scenery-and-accessories

Story
      Hello, you are in front of our first project. We have lovingly developed it and hard work to offer accessories for modeling, role-playing games, wargames, dungeon games, skirmish games, or whatever your imagination and miniature creations need.
      We hope that with your help we can continue moving forward together around miniature hobby.
      We offer to yo a lot of items groups of accessories, scenery and furniture to go with your miniature games. 
      All the items are manufacture in plastic resin. Ready to paint.
      6 sacks + 4 barrels (2 open + 2 close) + 1 big barrel + 4 pots ( 4 models) + 4 boxes ( 4 models) + 6 chest (2 open + 4 close) + 1 big chest
      12 tombstones (6 diferent models) + 2 crosses ( 2 models) + 1 obelisk   10 x ruined columns (5 differen models) + 1 x summon circle + 1 x altar 1 wardrobe + 2 bookcase (shelves are separated) + 1 table + 2 benchs + 1 round table + 3 stools   All In Early Bird only first 72 hours (and all unlocked strech goals) All IN you get all (and all unlocked strech goals) Comparison with Avatars of War miniature Comparison with Avatars of War miniature  
      The casting of our miniatures will be carried out by the company Miniaturas Alemany that with more than 20 years of experience and its participation in varied and numerous crowdfundings assures quality and punctuality.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rattrap/ratmat-scenics-forest-ruins-wharf-and-warehouse-packs?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
        I've been running, playing, and creating RPGs and miniature games for decades. After being involved in this world for so long, I recently wondered just how much time I've spent loading, transporting, and setting up terrain for conventions, store demos, and regular game nights. It was...a lot. Sometimes you just want to get to the game! I've also heard time and again that people are interested in RPGs and miniature games, but don't have the time to create or paint terrain or the space to store it. Why should that be an obstacle to great gaming? With ease, cost, and limited storage space in mind, Rattrap Productions is excited to share our RatMat Scenic Packs--full landscapes composed of 2mm punchboard and sized for 25 mm to 32 mm figures. RatMat Scenic Packs are designed to assemble/ disassemble quickly and easily, store in a minimum of space, and cost a fraction of what you could spend on buying or building your own bulky terrain.  
      Our Forest pack will cover an entire 2x2 battle map, yet breaks down to fit in a few small, resealable plastic bags. I actually store 5 entire Scenic Pack sets of in a single cube of a Kallax shelf with room for a few more. I am so excited about and confident in these packs that I wanted to provide potential backers with proof of concept—I created our initial set, the Forest Pack, and paid to have it manufactured and shipped. I wanted to be absolutely sure that our production and shipping partners could handle both aspects in an efficient manner and that the finished product would meet my expectations, as a lifelong gamer with high standards. I have been thrilled with the results. The Forest Pack—composed of the same material and with the same ideals as the other packs—is sturdy, can be quickly assembled/disassembled, and stored in practically no space. The Forest Pack will be an option to pick in our Pledge Manager (though it will ship to backers with the remainder of the packs).
      RatMat Scenics: Forest Pack I Each Scenic Pack will contain 5-7 sheets of 2mm punchboard. All pieces are printed on both sides and sized for 25mm to 32mm miniatures, with the goal to provide enough terrain per scenario in each pack. This Kickstarter is to expand on the existing Forest Pack, by adding the Ruins I, Wharf, and Warehouse packs. In the Pledge Manager you will also be able to select our already released Forest Pack I (it will ship at the same time as any other packs you select). 
      We're excited by the potential items we may also add into packs along the way, based on engagement and input from our community. If we start going well beyond the stretch goals--don't worry!--there are so many potential packs that can be added to the Rattrap Scenic Packs that you could end up with enough scenic pieces to cover your whole campaign. 
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)