Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Cleaning sealant out of brushes

So just a random question, or comment: 

I have a brush that I always use for sealing my miniatures and thought I at least rinsed it out reasonably well or cleaned it out. Apparently not.  Last  week when before I used it, I actually took an exacto knife to the brush and started scraping old sealant off bristles, until it was actually much cleaner than it as previously.  Has anybody else ever done this?

Did you try Pink Soap or Master's Soap first? The only time I'll take a xacto to my brush is to trim stray hairs. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately in my experience warm water and The Masters doesn't cut it for me with the brand of varnish I use.

Vallejo, the gloss is the worst of the three. Last time I used it I still had some minor residue after cleaning three times with The Masters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, K2h2m3 said:

Vallejo, the gloss is the worst of the three. Last time I used it I still had some minor residue after cleaning three times with The Masters.

And I was using Vallejo matte varnish.

I just rinse mine with water and then use the masters brush soap. I haven't had any problems so far. Oh, and I have used vallejo varnishes like this too. 

Edited by slash486
Completeness.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this