Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
A new piece of work.
This time it's a WWII themed diorama, 1/72 scale (which makes around half the size of a 28mm figure. The diorama itself has around the size of two smartphones.
The whole project is my entry to a painting competition in a German forum and the first finished work since February 2020 - so one year ago.
The main model, PzKpfw IV Ausf. J, is almost 25 years old. I got this model when I was a kid, and I painted it thickly using email colours, but I never assembled it. Last August, when I moved, I found the model and gave it an overhaul, and when February arrived, I took my time to paint it, do the figures and the diorama.
As always: If you like what you see, and you have nothing more to say, leave a like as a nod to my participation in the forums. I don't need "nice", "cool", "excellent" or "awesome", because those words are used way too frequently to mean anything.
When I have got time, I need to get some plywood to cover the outside of the diorama, but, to be honest - I am way too lazy to do it now. lol.
Check my Instagram page for other work, if you like:
Haven't posted this little project here until now, because I was too lazy to translate it and on top of that not sure if it was too much skin or not enough,
so I first had to browse through other pieces of KDM work to check if it was okay.
Found the exact same picture of one of my references, so I thought: Okay - I can try to translate it now.
After my surprisingly effective try to paint skin on this fellow (check ->here<-) I thought: Why not try and replicate the result on another figure. So I browsed through my pile of shame and found a KDM miniature with barely any clothes on her. So I thought: What perfect way to train smooth transitions.
So after wiping off the dust and priming her ...
I started working on the base layers and first shadows.
After I had applied some more shadows and highlights, I noticed I had defined the thin red line between the muscles of her thigh a bit too strong ...
And in the process of painting her feet, I somehow lost her toes - Oh, my god!
So while I was working on the other parts of her body and slowly building up the paint, I tried to work on her right thigh and on her right foot and get back the definition of the toes.
So after a full day of recovery operations, I finally had a look at my corrections and was surprised ...
In the end I had undone all my previous work and recreated the wrong transition ...
But I found the toes! Yay!
The outlining was a bit too strong, so I had to correct that as well ...
But I managed to make her skin surprisingly smooth.
In the end, I had to repaint the whole muscle section I worked on for a long time.
But now she's got beautiful buns and thighs
buns and thighs
Time for me to map out the other body parts ... making progress. Wonderful!
And while I am fighting her skin, Rhini took a reference book for NMM (In German, I used this to joke about metal painting rhinos - but unfortunately this only work in German)
But ... to be honest. I have no idea how I have to paint her dagger. I really don't know. I've got to think about it. I've painted NMM only once - it was okay, but not enough to make me feel safe doing it.
Well ... we will see.
Now the 2nd member of the pair from zombicide: Black Plague special character, Thalia. The traveling companion of Grom. These two are also going to serve as a Savage and Swordsman for my Ranger's of Shadowdeep warband. Went with some NMM, some came out ok, other parts didn't. In the end I decided to leave as is, Since I want to move on and get to playing the games.
And the Pair
Thanks for any C&C you give.
Finally getting back to painting a bit more consistently and finishing things. Here is one I finished recently, Theo from Zombicide: Wolfsburg. I'm multi-tasking him to also serve as the ranger for my ranger's of shadowdeep warband. Hoping to have my warband finished by the end of the month.
Thanks in advance for and C&C you give.
Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!
Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.
In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!
But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:
Here's the scene:
Kauder reenters his tank (In German)
So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...
First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:
So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.
I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.
The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!
Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.
I've got to dig deeper into it.
Who's Online 24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)