Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Gord Ironhead 02228

I finished this guy last night. I gave him some tattoos; on one hand, I'm (relatively) happy with my attempt at freehand, on the other, I'm really not that great at 2-d art. I'm pretty happy about getting his eyes to look ok, though.

Please let me know what you think.

IMG_1749.thumb.JPG.1929d8767c6021de867a256e9eefeb34.JPG

IMG_1751.thumb.JPG.9cad107f1447d8b32895d705fe5a5a65.JPG

IMG_1753.thumb.JPG.9a69ab87638f7a6b3d36e1ff50aa4639.JPG

• Like 21

Awesome! Looks like a fun model. I think the tattoos came out good and I love the hair!

• Thanks 1

Great job!  The arm tattoo is some very fine work; can't imagine how you got that all around.  Can't clearly make out the belly tattoo, but you certainly got the natural tattoo look.  Nice idea of having a tattoo partially covered by the beard too.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kendal said:

Looks metal!

headbang1.jpg.2dfdaaaaeb3d2e52bdf1ebd22111254f.jpg

12 hours ago, Coydt said:

Great job!  The arm tattoo is some very fine work; can't imagine how you got that all around.  Can't clearly make out the belly tattoo, but you certainly got the natural tattoo look.  Nice idea of having a tattoo partially covered by the beard too.

Thank you very much. Yeah, the belly tattoo is supposed to be a dragon/sea monster but the angle I took the picture at isn't doing me any favors with people trying to identify it. The arm tattoo took me quite a while, and probably a curse word or two.

Thanks for the great comments, everyone!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thank you very much. Yeah, the belly tattoo is supposed to be a dragon/sea monster but the angle I took the picture at isn't doing me any favors with people trying to identify it. The arm tattoo took me quite a while, and probably a curse word or two.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the angle of the picture.  I think you pulled of the tattoo very nicely.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:31 PM, Cyradis said:

Whoa. Is this a clone of Dorn Ironspike, but with different weapons? 

Yes, it is.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As a change of pace from the Hard Mode Challenge, this round will have a Skill Challenge.

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      "Mayday!" is an international distress signal used in verbal communication in ships and aircraft.  Your first bonus challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to paint a miniature in some distress.  This could be a diorama, an adventurer falling into a trap, villian whose weapon just broke, or anything else your mind can conjure.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      The Solstices: June marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  Paint a miniature or a pair of miniatures showcasing this duality.

Skill Challenge: OSL
      Try your hand at painting a miniature using OSL or Object-Source Lighting.  If you feel like this is something that is already in your wheelhouse, work on your technical skills in another area.  Practice NMM, TMM, wet-blending, sculpting, or anything else you've been meaning to try.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Citrine
      Been on a painting spree these last few months, in fact Cassie is mini 52 painted so far this year, out of my original goal of painting 50 all year.

First up is Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard (SKU 77164) which is the bones version.  The details were a bit soft, but she is totally serviceable for table-top.

Next up, Blink Berenwicket (SKU 3689), the super spunky female gnome warrior in metal.  The sword didn't really turn out, and I should have had a side view...  Metals are shaded metallics.

And last but not least, Cassie, Female Gnome Wizard (SKU 77031) in bones and mini number 52 of the year.

• By WhiteWulfe
      Being that this is the figure that was the biggest reason why I picked up the Hassassin Bahram Sectorial Starter Pack (say that three times fast ), I was suspecting he'd wind up on my painting desk sooner or later...  I just didn't realize he'd have the honour of being the first finished this year, as well as my first finished Infinity miniature!

At some point in the near future I'll acquire some S2 holoprojector tokens for him, as actual 3D representations are nice.  Not sure where from, but I like my current Art of War Studios things, so probably theirs.

Oh, and for those who might be curious, that's a Global Evil Corp UniPod with two StairPods (well, one pack) in the first three pics, fourth one is a DuoPod with a StairPod alongside it.  Sadly no magnets yet for the terrain, but they're on the way, and will get here at some point
    • By Standifer
      Several weeks ago I got to go to the hobby store and found a couple of new minis, one was this little jewel.

It is pretty much done in the painting department, but what good is a catapult without its crew?
      These are some Oathmark dwarves that I’m converting to do the job.

I admit the barrel is too big to fit in the catapult, but I’m going to find a way to work it in.

I need to build a base big enough to hold everything and get some more dwarves, it is a start though.
      Ideas are welcome!
      Thanks for looking!
    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I haven't been very active on here for a while, but I've been painting. I figured that I'd start putting up my backlog of models. I love Dwarves, and this was a really cool model to paint. I'm particularly happy with the NMM, but if I were to change one thing, I would probably alter the tone of the hair and beard a bit so that it doesn't so closely match the armor.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)