Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
One of last year's limited release figures that I painted during the summer. She has the right amount of detail, I spent some time trying to do NMM on her armor and weapon. Felt that the pose was a bit dull and static, and her face is odd. Liked how the green part of her cloak came out, not so happy with the yellow, need to practice more,
Last day for October, but still got one in.
I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there. I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out. I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain.
Mistake #1. I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash. It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched. Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well. Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect. Didn't work. The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss. The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down.
Mistake #3. I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point. KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference.
Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope. I did the hair, and that made me feel way better. The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it. Now we're getting somewhere.
Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas. He came out looking decent. Last model for October and I'm happy with him.
I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign. The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset.
My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character. I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos). He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner. Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.
His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him: