I finished this guy last night. I gave him some tattoos; on one hand, I'm (relatively) happy with my attempt at freehand, on the other, I'm really not that great at 2-d art. I'm pretty happy about getting his eyes to look ok, though.

Please let me know what you think.

IMG_1749.thumb.JPG.1929d8767c6021de867a256e9eefeb34.JPG

IMG_1751.thumb.JPG.9cad107f1447d8b32895d705fe5a5a65.JPG

IMG_1753.thumb.JPG.9a69ab87638f7a6b3d36e1ff50aa4639.JPG

• Like 21

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job!  The arm tattoo is some very fine work; can't imagine how you got that all around.  Can't clearly make out the belly tattoo, but you certainly got the natural tattoo look.  Nice idea of having a tattoo partially covered by the beard too.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kendal said:

Looks metal!

headbang1.jpg.2dfdaaaaeb3d2e52bdf1ebd22111254f.jpg

12 hours ago, Coydt said:

Great job!  The arm tattoo is some very fine work; can't imagine how you got that all around.  Can't clearly make out the belly tattoo, but you certainly got the natural tattoo look.  Nice idea of having a tattoo partially covered by the beard too.

Thank you very much. Yeah, the belly tattoo is supposed to be a dragon/sea monster but the angle I took the picture at isn't doing me any favors with people trying to identify it. The arm tattoo took me quite a while, and probably a curse word or two.

Thanks for the great comments, everyone!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thank you very much. Yeah, the belly tattoo is supposed to be a dragon/sea monster but the angle I took the picture at isn't doing me any favors with people trying to identify it. The arm tattoo took me quite a while, and probably a curse word or two.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the angle of the picture.  I think you pulled of the tattoo very nicely.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      One of last year's limited release figures that I painted during the summer.  She has the right amount of detail, I spent some time trying to do NMM on her armor and weapon.  Felt that the pose was a bit dull and static, and her face is odd.  Liked how the green part of her cloak came out, not so happy with the yellow, need to practice more, 

• By Inarah
      Another one from August. From the Greek Odyssey expansion in B5.  She has just enough detail to be interesting without being overwhelming to paint. Wish the casting had been a little sharper. I had to outline a lot to make things stand out. 

• By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 

• By R2ED
      Last day for October, but still got one in. 

Battle Report!

I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there.  I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out.  I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain. 
      Mistake #1.  I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash.  It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched.  Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well.  Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
      Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect.  Didn't work.  The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss.  The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down. 
      Mistake #3.  I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point.  KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference. 
      Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope.  I did the hair, and that made me feel way better.  The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it.  Now we're getting somewhere. 
      Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas.  He came out looking decent.  Last model for October and I'm happy with him.

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)