• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!

• By Chris Palmer
      I purchased a pair of the Bones 5 The Dwarf King's Crypt Encounter set as I wanted pairs of a number of the set's scenery items, as well as double the number of the Dwarf Zombies and Dwarf Fighters.
           One of the scenery items from the set that I was most looking forward to having a pair of, was the tomb; as I wanted to convert one to be the tombs to be for a Dwarf Queen, to go along with the Dwarf King's tomb.
           First thing I would need was a suitable Bones Female Dwarf figure to use as the tomb cover's carving; as I did not trust my ability to sculpt one from scratch.   I was not sure what figure to use, as so many of the ones I had, or looked at in the online store, were posed somewhat dynamically.  Then, as fate would have it, I came across one of the Gwyddis, Dwarf Valkyrie figures, and realized it was perfect.

While I was doing the conversion, I also took the time to drill and magnetize the lid of the tomb, so it will stay in place during storage and transport.

For step by step post on how I did the convserion, please see my blog: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2021/10/dwarf-queen-and-king-crypts-bones-5.html

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and looking forward to painting it up.

• By Inarah
      Slowly working through the horde of plastic.  These guys are about the most boring things ever.  I freely admit to crappy basecoat, drybrush, and wash techniques to get these done as quickly as possible.  Enjoy: 

I even got crappy photos. 

• By Chaoswolf
      You'll take my life, but I'll take yours too
      You'll fire your musket, but I'll run you through
      So when you're waiting for the next attack
      You'd better stand, there's no turning back

I'm going to be building/converting/sculpting my own copy of Eddie from this artwork. I'm just going to do the central figure, not the battlefield around him.

For those who don't know, the song 'The Trooper' is based on the Charge of the Light Brigade, an action during the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War.

So, before I get started, a question:

The artist who did this piece (Derek Riggs) applied a little creative license to the flag that Eddie is carrying. It is not historically accurate to the best of my knowledge and research. If you know differently, please enlighten me.

When I get to that point, do I try to recreate the flag as seen in the artwork, or go with something a little more accurate? Or is that a detail that most people will not notice?
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)