Sign in to follow this  
Brianuk

Dwarf watchtower

Inspired by getting the docks done I did some more work on an unfinished watchtower project. 

It is a hexagonal pencil pot that I sawed in half. I put in balsa supports then layered coffee stirrers for the roof. 

To defend it I have added foam core board annexes either side of the door. 

I need to figure out how to do a lip all around the upper part (which will lift off) to disguise the joins. 

For the door I am probably just going to stick some magnetic material to the back of a couple of one sided resin doors so there can be a broken and unbroken option. 

Will paint or stick on the other doors and arrow slits. 

I haven't put it on a hill, wanted it to be versatile so a fairly limited wooden base. Will landscape it but keep it relatively flat. 

Will also add the ability to stick in artillery, I have the dwarf organ gun from Mantic and think that would be ideal as a 'deck gun'. 

20180408_221743.jpg

20180408_221822.jpg

20180408_221854.jpg

20180408_184228.jpg

20180409_073610.jpg

• Like 14

Used Eva foam to cut out and stick to the joins. 

Then sealed it with a mix of mod podge and black paint. Didn't touch the roof/ceiling.  Will see how it all looks when it dries! 

20180409_214612.jpg

20180409_214626.jpg

• Like 10

Painting came together quite quickly. Grey stippled on with a stencil brush in three shades, then using acrylic paint bricks in different colours to add texture. 

Still need to make the extras (deck gun, maybe a broken door and a hanging skeleton or corpse) and paint on arrow slits. 

20180410_223946.jpg

20180410_223942.jpg

20180410_223937.jpg

• Like 19

"TheDMscrsft" youtube chanel by GM Scotty has over 500 DIY videos on this kinda thing ... wish I saw this sooner he has a ton of great time/cost effective technics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2018 at 7:06 PM, Boaz said:

"TheDMscrsft" youtube chanel by GM Scotty has over 500 DIY videos on this kinda thing ... wish I saw this sooner he has a ton of great time/cost effective technics.

Scotty's stuff is awesome, as is the DMG, Black Magic Craft, Wyloch's site...

Good stuff, so little time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1