Pingo

The Book of Up to No Good: 03042: Morrdha, Vampire Noble

I've got to agree with Schirf, fantastic.  The cape very nice and the book is great.  You really got the rusted armor effect down too.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      Finished him rather quickly because he was a breeze to paint. No assembly required is always welcome.
      Only complaint I might have is these reaper models with already sculpted thick bases that I have to try and work around to base the figure myself. 
      Steals away some of the creativity and fun.

• By Aard_Rinn
      For the last few months since Reapercon, I've been focusing on pumping out minis to avoid the rut I got into last year. When I saw that Reaper had released the ghost sailors as metal figures, well... I knew what one of my October projects was going to be. I loved these guys as part of the Bones IV kickstarter, but I've not enjoyed painting plastic minis as much since getting back into metals at the Reapercon melt table, so I was psyched to order them and put in an order that night... Most of the rest I had from Reapercon, although I think I picked up Labella there too.

Either way, these guys painted up gorgeous and easy using my go-to one-two spirit technique! As a firm believer in spooky blue ghosts, I started by priming them white, then giving them a couple layers of Irrisen Blue from the new Pathfinder paintset... My old blue standby was from the HD line and the bottle has faded to the point of illegibility, but it was almost identical. Then once it's dry, I drybrush heavily with Linen White (pure white comes out looking starched, and bluer whites don't show on the blue, but linen is perfect) and... call it a day. Decorate the bases, maybe some pizza... 's good. That said, minis painted using this technique meet my #1 requirement for ghost minis: They're distinctive on the table!

I debated doing some OSL, but decided that it would wash the bases out, unfortunately. I like it better this way, with the bases nice and grounded, and the ghosts spooky and glowing! Lots of fun base details on these, too - 10/10 recommend picking them up if you have any sort of use for them!

Miniatures involved (not enough tags for them all): 03965: Ghost Pirate Cook, 03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster, 03967: Ghost Pirate Captain, 03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun, 03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee, 03718: Ghost Bride, 03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee, 03170: Lurien, Ghost, 14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero, 03799: Female Wraith

03965: Ghost Pirate Cook

03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster

03967: Ghost Pirate Captain

03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun

03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee

03718: Ghost Bride

03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee

03170: Lurien, Ghost

14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero

03799: Female Wraith

Of all of these, if I had to pick favorites... Hm... Ghost Bride and Gauren. They took the drybrushing perfectly and are super-fun figures!
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Slimux (A Demon Gardener) and Mulch (His loyal Plough Snail), characters from the Nurgle Demon faction for the Warhammer games by Games Workshop.

Glad to get this one finished at last, it's been sitting at around 80% done for about a year.
      I'm really happy with how Mulch turned out, less so with Slimux, I think I just used too many similar colours on him (and yellow eyes wasn't a great idea either).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By ShantyShakin
      I took this idea directly from DMGInfo and put a couple small twists to it based on what my home game players might like. Plus, I think they make pretty cool props for a dungeon that might be a library or wizard tower or whatever. It's an experiment, so the execution is a little sloppy on some of them, but I learned a lot so if I ever decide to do a new set (which I likely will) I can take what I learned to make a much better finished product. 

I started with craft sticks(popsicle sticks) cut into 1cm x 7mm pieces and used a cereal box for the book covers. On some of them, I cut up bits of the cereal box to add dimension. Superglue to keep it all together. 

In hindsight the cereal box I used was pretty cheap and wanted to warp and split into layers. Next time I may use a thin chipboard, or card stock.

Here they are all primed up, ready for paint. 

Some of the designs are just decorative, while others are leather straps and buckles that bind the whole book, metallic corners to help "protect" the covers' corners, etc.

I apologize for the dreadful lighting on these. I used the same acrylic paints I use on my minis. Next time I'll use craft paint because craft paints are thicker and go on thicker, which you definitely want. Spent a lot of time waiting for layers to dry. 

I used metallics for the raised bits on the finished ones above and I am pretty happy with the first set. 

The second set will have some more ambitious designs such as reptile scale book covers and:

an eye sculpted out of green stuff! The more I use it, the more I love it. It allows me to add all sorts of little details to things as well as fill gaps.

I'll post the finished shots once I get the last of them painted up. 

I hope you enjoyed this and are inspired to craft your own props for your dungeons/games. Happy Crafting!
    • By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 14048, Fatima, Nefsokar Cleric.

Or rather it will be when you click on the links because she's super NSFW, front and back.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PAINTED FIGURE FATIMA, NEFSOKAR CLERIC.

There isn't a WIP thread because I couldn't figure out how to make one that would abide by the board rules. But questions or comments are appreciated.

The images are hosted on Instagram so you can post comments there too if you like.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 298 Guests (See full list)