Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

New Releases May 7, 2018

The following new release items have a hard release date of Monday, May 7, 2018. 

Bones Fantasy Plastic Miniatures
77577___ Manticore by Julie Guthrie $5.99
77584___ Large Air Elemental by Julie Guthrie $4.99
77619___ Hangman’s Gibbet    by Andrew Pieper $5.99
77622___ Avatar of Wisdom (Giraffe)by Jason Wiebe $3.49
77627___ Shipwreck Revenant by Jason Wiebe $24.99
77635___ Graveyard Archway by Bob Ridolfi $2.79
77636___ Death Shroud    by Julie Guthrie $2.79
77638___ Graveyard Column (x2) by Kevin Williams $7.99
77639___ Graveyard Shrine by Kevin Williams $2.79
80079___ Blackstar Corsair Delta by Chris Lewis $3.29
80080___ Blackstar Corsair Echo by Chris Lewis $3.29

• Like 12

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      my second dragon for the month.  I didn't put a huge amount of work into this one.  one of my goals was to see how well the contrast paints would work to bring out the basic shading and normal tone for the dragon hide rather than having to hand paint all the scaling.  It didn't work too badly.  I did wind up having to do some significant highlighting and I had to do some additional shading work on the underbelly but overall the effect was pretty good for the time spent.  I probably should have done more with the wings but I just didn't have any inspiration for them.  the sections were pretty small and very flat.  I might go back and do something but for now just blue is where this young guy is.

I did find the base to be pretty cool.  Hope you like him

• By Darcstaar
      Last new show off from me for a while.

I finished him a while back.  
      His WIP is here.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87019-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-4-kieran-tallowmire-wizard/&tab=comments#comment-1844494

I initially wanted to paint orange.  That got me thinking of a sunset color scale.  It came out OK, but the process was harder than I thought it would be.  Also, I’m trying to go through old Bones faster, but this was taking too long!

A shot of his Fireball scroll.
      I went with burnt out candles to avoid needing to worry about OSL.

I tried to pattern the feather as an owl feather.

Hope you like it!
      C&C welcome.
    • By Thrym
      WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
      HELLBORN TROLL

I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash.  Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.

I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me.  For now, pictures:

Some close up shots:

Enjoy!
    • By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
    • By Darcstaar
      Last new post for the day.
      Here is another BONES Tick.  I have 2 more and a queen.
      This is the 4th painted one, and I painted it while I painted the centipedes.  I wanted some bright colors and bright markings.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)