paintybeard

"Overrunners" SF kickstarter

This is by Bob Naismith, who has a long pedigree in figure design.

I really like all of it, especially the hoverbikes. But the prices are steep. I might buy a couple of display pieces, wish I could afford an army.

Edited by paintybeard

I have my eye on this one. Pricey but I might dig deep for it, or not, hard to tell right now. The renders are amazing though.

• Like 1

This is one I've been waiting a while for.

Just hoping I can afford to get all that I want.

Or some of what I want.

At least a bike...

• Like 1

I have liked Bob Naismith's work for a long time - but it has always been for the style and character of his models, not for his technical skills. I love his undead - they have amazingly expressive... skulls...

This project... was an amazing leap in the detail and precision of his craft.

For some reason it makes me want to run Twilight: 2000. (Remember when the year 2000 was The Future?)

The Auld Grump - my favorite is the dune buggy. ::):

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bobs been showing off renders of some possible future stretch goals. From his Facebook page...

Robots

IMG_1590.PNG.ea8fd39654a88ea749d52a7b1f99f9df.PNGIMG_1591.PNG.d37f461a76126de2021e217942730652.PNG

Female Troops

IMG_1592.PNG.5c33092db6fa68cc6609b14abb7fad14.PNGIMG_1593.PNG.22b2ea59c5fcad12d8b972b982b1aece.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

These are very nice. I have been wanting figures just like these for a game called 'The Morrow Project' for a really long time. Between these figures and the mutants from Hate, I should have plenty of post apocalypse minis. And these look so very nice.

I will have to wait and see what becomes available as a stretch goal and what will be available as an additional purchase.

buckyball

Morrow Project - now there's a name from the past!

So many ways to get dead in that game.

Huh! There's a new edition!

The Auld Grump - PA gamer since Gamma World... then Aftermath.

Another upcoming stretch goal render revealed, Reptos.

IMG_1601.thumb.PNG.54a762669d60a76b08db0326f6bc1cbd.PNG

The only issue I have is that they look a little too much like a human in a mask. Sure the head is great but the rest of them doesn't look alien at all.

I've suggested he make some changes to the legs to make them look less human, but I don't know that'll happen.

Apparently dog heads will be another future option to make more aliens out of these sculpts.

Maybe we'll get cat heads in the future do that I can finally get my Kzinti minis.

With only 77 backers the campaign has been in a bit of a midkickstarter lull. The funding level has been reached, but only barely.

Have to admit it surprises me that a sculptor with decades worth of experience who has done work for so many different miniatures companies over the years only has 77 backers at this point.

• Like 2

I think he is hitting the wall because of the pricing. These are definitely on the pricey side approaching $10 a mini for the troopers.

• Like 1

I think that's also the thing... Price is high enough many tend to look and think a lot longer. 

Dog heads as an option eh?  Wonder if they'd be digitigrade legs to go with that.... 

The Reptos are definitely interesting, but I also agree that they should look more... Non human. 

• Like 1

When I first saw the Reptos renders I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be reptile aliens,  or instead humans wearing a reptile helmet as done in Stargate.

• Like 1

New Repto leg design.

IMG_1604.thumb.JPG.f4d6758344cd187da22dc5573c7f722e.JPG

I Ike them a lot better.

They look like fast movers.

Bob is asking for feedback so they may not be final.

• Like 3