Synth-ia (Cordelia from Infinity)

Kuro Cleanbrush

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Black on black, your standard sci-fi street-runner.  Gave his coat a touch of purple just to give the eye something to look at.  

• By Rigel
      Hasslefree specializes in characterful badasses, and I thought it good to paint a few of them up like my merc Frank Russo. Meet the Major, Ekaterina, Rowen, Alex, and Tank, along with their previously posted colleagues:

In several cases they have been modified or accessorized.  My FLGS had some leftover GW Bitz they were kind enough to let me plunder, and between that, a GW scout walker's leftover bitz, and Bombshell tool sprues there were plenty of canisters and accessories to go around. 

Here is the Major. (Hasslefree designation Major Hoare.) I added the gas tanks and the hose to his weapon. One canister is pyrophoric, the other, an extinguisher. The Major is acutely aware of which is connected at all times. I assume the cigar is a futuristic electronic device, for that would be most unsafe otherwise. 

Ekaterina appears to be one of Hasslefree's analogues to Black Widow. I added some canisters and a Bombshell machete. 

Rowen here really sold me on this project. Love that dynamic and confident stroll, and the flippy hairstyle. They are very secure in who they are, even more so with a portable GW missile strapped to their back.

Alex has access to guns and grenades but prefers sharp blades. [This mini, unlike his colleagues, comes in like six pieces; pin and glue accordingly.]

And of course there is Tank. Tank is not Hasslefree, but rather a leftover GW scout walker pilot. I've posted in the past about diversity in minis, and resolved to follow through on that by giving him a souped-up wheelchair/personal mobility device with some extra bells and whistles. Tank sees your wheelchair-inaccessible stairs and is prepared to turn them into an accessible ramp of smoking rubble. GW parts plus parts from a toy car I found under a refrigerator.

And lastly, a repaint of Bombshell's Maelee, to get her in line with the Task Force dress code. Also added a couple pouches and canisters. 

Together they make a formidable team, good for spacefuture or cyberpunk settings. What sorts of mayhem mightn't they get up to...for the right price, of course?

• By Rigel
      It would be nice to think about cyberpunk utopias, but somehow those just don't grip the popular imagination. Instead it's always overcast or raining, the sky is brocced, corporations own everything and everyone and surveillance is ubiquitous. There's money to be had, but barely enough to buy noodles unless you're connected...or willing to ignore corporate law.

Devo Ranks eats the *fancy* noodles every day. They have Skillz.

Click for more angles.

Hacking into a Public Service Panopticon? CHILD'S PLAY. 

If you need muscle? Devo Knows A Guy. Or lady, really.

Don't worry, Dez! Those cameras are showing nothing but innocuous looped footage now.

No one pays the cleaners enough in the cyberpunk dystopian future. 

I won't pretend to understand what kind of cyber-heist these three are conducting. 

But you can be sure they have made Powerful Enemies, as well as enough credits to afford the FANCY noodles for the rest of the year!

Devo is a fun one. Gender-ambiguous and tech-savvy. Because cyberpunk is inextricable from the late 80s and early 90s, I gave Devo the most day-glo Nickelodeon counterculture wardrobe I could think of. Dez from Bombshell we have seen before, in the post-apocalyptic Radlands, as well as the little sniper from Crooked Dice. 

The Public Service Panopticonnouncer was made from  SD card placeholders and chunks of expired credit card, along with I think a vape component. The text, like much of the signage on the building, comes from a beer can label artfully chopped into pieces and rearranged into vaguely menacing advertisements. Also some sprue and all the camera-looking Bitz and Gunz in my Bitz Box. 

I don't have any cyberpunk setting or games planned, but I can feel the itch growing. C&C welcome.
    • By WhiteWulfe
      So, a little over a year ago I got my paws on a decent amount of MDF terrain, specifically with the goal of using it to build up a nice Infinity board.  After narrowing it down, I wound up ordering some things from Warsenal as well as Global Evil Corp.  Warsenal was because I loved the look of their Cosmica Line, and Global Evil Corp because I absolutely love kerf cuts and the fact they utilized such to have ROUNDED CORNERS on buildings.  Oh yeah, and the sliding windows and doors gimmick was a pretty big draw too.

Last month my goal was to get it all primed, because I was tired of the raw MDF, plus I wanted to use it as inspiration to keep moving on my Infinity miniatures...  This month I'm going to see what can be

^Let's just say there's a semi-reasonable amount of terrain involved....

^An okay amount for a diverse, two level 15 point (Code One) or 150 point (N4) field, although I could use a few more options...

But definitely not much in the way of full on variety for a full on 30 point (Code One) or 300 point (N4) 4x4' table.

^Before I forget, this is what attaches on to that cube frame.  Looks so much nicer built up, even if I uh, haven't built the last panel yet due to lack of space on the desk.

~
      Anyways, they've been raw MDF for far too long in my opinion, so let's get things staged over by the airbrush....

^Mr Hobby Mr.Almighty clips are rather handy....

^And primed.  Yup, classic black primer with a white "zenithal" (for lack of better words) across things.

^After a few hours, we now have this.  Okay, stage is set, but it feels like something is missing....

^Aha, looking a lot better.  Initially I was going to try and go crazy on the colours for the exterior, but hubby and I just like the basic light kinda blue colour we've got going, so onwards to accents...
      (Colours used: Mission Models Blue, with a small amount of black added in, as well as a reasonable amount of white - goal was for a bit of a greyish blue, and while I didn't quite get it how I wanted, eh, close enough and we like it)

^Decided to show the roof progress a little more in depth here, partially because I remember @Kangaroorex inquiring about the opacity of those Wicked Colours Opaque colours.  The Dioxazine Purple I think was five drops of colour with two drops of Vallejo Thinner Medium, and on the right I had a moderately wet hybrid brush that was dipped into paint, and then traced along.  Not sure what happened on the right side, but somehow I managed to go almost all the way around without running out of paint, but I also wasn't able to repeat it, although it was only a few inches before it started becoming see through.  I'll still try to remember to do an actual test over white paper with print at some point.

^Now, as for those roofs...  Sure, I could mask things, or even create a airbrush template, and I might still, but at the same time...  The basic blocks have been laid down, with Wicked Opaque Pthalo Blue on the inner triangle like bits, Wicked Opaque Pyrrole Orange on the inner thin line, and Wicked Opaque Dioxazine Purple on the outer line.

What's the current plan?  Well, naturally I'm going to get the basic colours laid down on the rest of the items, but I'm going to test out Pthalo Blue on a roof section to see what thoughts are.  Originally, the two lines that go around each building were going to be orange, but after a quick though they're going to be purple.  Warsenal stuff will see more oranges and reds, as well as purples to them, at least that's the current main plan ^_^;;;
    • By Werkrobotwerk
      I found this guy sitting unassembled in a box while I was cleaning. So I built and painted him even though I stopped playing infinity years ago. 

And a shot of him next to my old skiavoros