Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Too short never stopped Robert Downey Jr or Tom Cruise. Just put some tall shoes on and do clever camera angles. 

I wasn't aware that RDJr is short. Plus Kit Harrington is a bit too 'puppy dog eyed', I think more of a jutting jaw and steely stare are required

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

What in the name of Boneparte's balls is all this about? I'm hearing that a senior member of the Royal Family is planning to wed some colonial female. I just don't know what's going on with this country. 

Image result for prince harry markle

This however makes more sense. Marvel's first super dog group

Image result for lloyds bank beagle

Not to throw petrol on a potential conflagration, BUT,  I seem to recall that "The House of Windsor" started when a branch of the Hapsburg's was invited to assume the Throne of England when  the then current line failed.

I see [from my definitely American perspective]  this bringing the Windsors back closer to the genetics of the British People.

Besides, they make an awesome couple.

On the green capped puppers:

The Bounding British Beagle Brigade

GEM

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I wasn't aware that RDJr is short. Plus Kit Harrington is a bit too 'puppy dog eyed', I think more of a jutting jaw and steely stair is required

I just couldn't help myself.

Spoiler

Mental Image of a steel spiral staircase. 

Because the file loader is still acting up.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Green Eyed Monster said:

I just couldn't help myself.

Reveal hidden contents

Mental Image of a steel spiral staircase. 

Because the file loader is still acting up.

GEM

Curses, you just beat my edit

10 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Not to throw petrol on a potential conflagration, BUT,  I seem to recall that "The House of Windsor" started when a branch of the Hapsburg's was invited to assume the Throne of England when  the then current line failed.

I see [from my definitely American perspective]  this bringing the Windsors back closer to the genetics of the British People.

Besides, they make an awesome couple.

On the green capped puppers:

The Bounding British Beagle Brigade

GEM

The Windsors are only stewards awaiting the return of King Arthur. Don't know about Harry and the colonial strumpet being an 'awesome couple'. Since when did mutual affection ever offer a solid foundation for a good relationship? <_<

The BBBB works for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The thing I love about that beagle photo is how it seems to show off the personality of each dog and how easy it would be to transfer to a human character. From left to right:

The serious one with the eyes, the noble one with the stance (should be leader but for...), the charming one with the grin, the clever one who has you all worked out

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

This however makes more sense. Marvel's first super dog group

Image result for lloyds bank beagle

Teenage mutant ninja Beagles

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Well, the kid and I were wrestling on the bed.  He got me in a headlock, I tried to roll him over, and we both went over the edge of the bed.  I landed on my wife's stepstool with him on front.  Cue the bruises and scary colors all over my back.

Today I painfully discovered a contused rib, which for some reason had not visibly bruised.  I now have a CD-rom of chest x-rays.

• Sad 17

Be careful with mild wrestling and stuff. Pretty sure it was play-horse with dad as a kid that set me up for a kidney infection a few months later (I fell kidney to the back of his heel). I hope you heal up swiftly and without issues. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

Well, the kid and I were wrestling on the bed.  He got me in a headlock, I tried to roll him over, and we both went over the edge of the bed.  I landed on my wife's stepstool with him on front.  Cue the bruises and scary colors all over my back.

Today I painfully discovered a contused rib, which for some reason had not visibly bruised.  I now have a CD-rom of chest x-rays.

The really good bruises are the ones that don't show on the surface for a couple of days.

I know this from personal observation of bruises acquired in SCA.

GEM

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Curses, you just beat my edit

The Windsors are only stewards awaiting the return of King Arthur. Don't know about Harry and the colonial strumpet being an 'awesome couple'. Since when did mutual affection ever offer a solid foundation for a good relationship? <_<

The BBBB works for me.

Exhibit A:

Wife and self.

• Like 6

On 5/11/2018 at 7:16 PM, Chaoswolf said:

I just got back from the store. They were playing an oldies station. Then Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns-n-Roses starts to play. Cool song.

Waitaminutehere!!!

Guns-n-Roses isn't an oldie! And why the heck are they playing it in a store? Guns-n-Roses is rock and roll, it's rebellion, it's dangerous, it's edgy!

It's loud, it's obnoxious, old people hate it!!  \m/

It...

It came out a little more than 30 years ago.:mellow:

Um...

Yew kids git offa mah lawn!!!!

You do realize that next year Slipknot's self titled album will be eligible for play on the classic rock stations. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

So, upside, you now have a map to assist in your next frogcident! 

Productive day, though no hobbying was accomplished. Tomorrow morning before heading out to the in-laws, though, I'll apply some paint.

Edited by Crowley
autocorrupt!
  • Like 4

Well, this one will toast your marshmallows...  ::D:

I currently own the female half of Ral Partha's 02-130 Dae-Shiru Command set (Asian-themed wemics, basically) - minus her right arm. I fished her and one sprue of accessories (unfortunately the accessories for the other figure, lol) out of a box of loose stuff at the Citadel years ago.

I just now happened to be organizing my miniatures and decided to look up what her missing arm looked like.

Only to discover that I had also fished that arm out of the box about a year apart from the rest of her...

And tossed it in the Box 'o Goodwill.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Ought to put out the word to have somebody fish it out for you and send it back, dude. That's a shame to let it slip away like that, and I can't imagine anybody'd have a problem with that.

Meanwhile. Yet another day on the construction crew. Such as it is lol. 19 40-ft trusses went up. Got the back half of the building all framed up I reckon--the restrooms, nursery, office, etc., with just the sanctuary still to go. I imagine the walls for it, and probably a few trusses, will go up Monday. And then the weather gets iffy. Meh.

My fat broccoli is toasted tonight. I stuck it out 'til ten after eight and all the work was done, but I was nigh useless toward the end lol. Got home and ate supper and popped a much-needed painkiller, and it's got me a little stoned. Trying to gear up to get bathed. Been try for two hours now lol.

Lol. Lolol. Lololololololololololol. Lol.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

The really good bruises are the ones that don't show on the surface for a couple of days.

I know this from personal observation of bruises acquired in SCA.

Nah, the really good trophies are the ones that welt up all nice and pink around the outside with a jaundiced yellow on the inside within a couple minutes, before turning black a few hours later. They then slowly go through the whole spectrum over the next 3 weeks to a month. That's when you know you got caught square in the fleshy bits that didn't have any armor by a very well executed shot. It's also when you know you need to learn to defend those areas better.

Just ask my left thigh. It knows all about those. It got 3 of them stacked on it within a couple inches of each other in very short order one day. Almost the entire exterior of my thigh was black for a week. A doctor friend of mine who saw it even told me that if I feel any pain without pressure being applied that I should head to the ER, because it would have been possible that severe blood clots could have formed there or that I'd suffered more serious vein ruptures than just an average bruise.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Could be worse ... dislocated a rib back in 08 (slip and fall) putting a new roof on a car port ... after 3 days of roofing it poped back into place, I finally went for x-rays as I wanted to know what was going on inside ... x-rays turned out fine but they made me wait in a room with a fellow who had a staff infection and black mold growing out his back from his lungs ... too much fun that day was.

• Sad 6