Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Ought to put out the word to have somebody fish it out for you and send it back, dude. That's a shame to let it slip away like that, and I can't imagine anybody'd have a problem with that.

Eh, I asked about in the Box 'o Goodwill thread... But it got tossed in the Box as a random unidentified bit like two rounds ago, and even if I got the arm back I'd still be missing a bunch of accessories for it, so it's not exactly a huge loss if I don't. While I was looking around online I read something somewhere about Iron Wind Metals or RPE re-releasing the blister pack at some point.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Nah, the really good trophies are the ones that welt up all nice and pink around the outside with a jaundiced yellow on the inside within a couple minutes, before turning black a few hours later. They then slowly go through the whole spectrum over the next 3 weeks to a month. That's when you know you got caught square in the fleshy bits that didn't have any armor by a very well executed shot. It's also when you know you need to learn to defend those areas better.

Just ask my left thigh. It knows all about those. It got 3 of them stacked on it within a couple inches of each other in very short order one day. Almost the entire exterior of my thigh was black for a week. A doctor friend of mine who saw it even told me that if I feel any pain without pressure being applied that I should head to the ER, because it would have been possible that severe blood clots could have formed there or that I'd suffered more serious vein ruptures than just an average bruise.

I will carry the broken rib I received while doing a demo of sword and shield vs Quarterstaff to my grave.

I was the guy with the sword and roundshield.

This happened just prior to my acquiring a a large piece of Boot Leather [between 3/8" and 1/2" thick] from McPherson Leather Company which was quickly turned in to a new set of body armour.

The bruises I'm talking about are the ones where you find a mark a day or so later and think "I don't remember getting hit there" and it just keeps getting bigger as the blood spots move to the surface and merge.  Then you get to watch the Technicolor display of the various stages of healing.

GEM

• Like 5

Re: Bruises...

Back about 23 or 24 years ago, a friend was bringing a horse out of a trailer when it got skittish and took off, and it knocked me out of the way as it ran past - knocked me right back into a wooden plank fence like a damn pinball. As soon as I lifted my shirt up to check for damage, it looked like a giant had beaten me repeatedly with the flat side of the wooden plank I'd slammed up against. My whole back was three different shades of black.

Just thinking about it is making my back clench up.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Yesterday's party was ok.

There was food and snacks and drinks.

Most people were alright and it made my girl happy that I attended and kinda liked it.

Got a nice conversation with a woman who's husband is also in the Military, also..she works at the bakery where I buy my bread.

Another nice woman I already knew works at the butcher's so important to keep these gals on my good side..

Also met an obnoxious guy who's every second joke was about nsfw stuff.

After the party my girl asked me if I liked people or not.

I told her yes about the women, and no about this guy.

She then told me this guy had been laid off because he had harassed a female coworker at his former job.

I know understand why I immediately resented the guy.

Oh well,

Today Youngest Vixen's 19th Birthday!!!

15 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I am on my way home ...

Three days hiking with a friend I met two years ago in Japan. As I am from the north of Germany and he is from the south, we met in the middle and decided to wander through parts of the Harz, a mountain range in central germany. We visited the Brocken and walked around 40 or so kilometres. First time since January 2017 that I took such a walk.

My feet hurt, my muscles are sore and I am done for now. But boy, I already miss it. Did not know I would feel that bad to go back home. Tomorrow I gotta go to work again ... errr.

Anyway. A lot of beautiful memories, pictures and ideas for my next trip.

So - how have you guys been? I somehow caught that reaper Bryan is not working for reaper anymore? Why that?

Best regards from a deadly tired Sis.

Reaperbryan has a new position at Secret Weapons Miniatures, he occasionally visits these forums now as Dr. Wyrm.

Good to hear you had fun with hiking.

I have been on a 4 day vacation with my girl in Monschau and we have walked some trails there.

Beautiful environment, will post pics as well soon.

Germany's Eiffel is a beautiful environment.

We will go back for certain one day.

Also...great Schnitzels and Wild Boar in Red Wine, not to mention the freshly baked Apfelstrudel...

***Drools***

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Today Youngest Vixen's 19th Birthday!!!

Yay! Und alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

Reaperbryan has a new position at Secret Weapons Miniatures, he occasionally visits these forums now as Dr. Wyrm.

Okay. Than I am just too slow to react to such "news".

Good to hear you had fun with hiking.

Oh yeah, me too. I was already afraid that weekend could get lost in all the work that's on my table currently. But no. No - everything is alright.

I have been on a 4 day vacation with my girl in Monschau and we have walked some trails there.

Beautiful environment, will post pics as well soon.

Germany's Eiffel is a beautiful environment.

We will go back for certain one day.

Also...great Schnitzels and Wild Boar in Red Wine, not to mention the freshly baked Apfelstrudel...

***Drools***

Good to hear you a had great weekend, too.

The Eifel is a wonderful region of Germany, though for me as a son of the north, there is nothing more beautiful than the sea.

And food. Boy. I already get fat reading what you describe ...

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 8

Did someone link to my three-year-old Egyptian terrain thread? I just got two new "Likes" on it in rapid succession ... :huh:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Did someone link to my three-year-old Egyptian terrain thread? I just got two new "Likes" on it in rapid succession ... :huh:

It was more the "On Sale" effect. Had a look in the "who is online" section and read: "Egyptian Terrain". Went there to see what is presented. Found it to be quite good. Liked it. That's the whole story.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Yay! Und alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

Okay. Than I am just too slow to react to such "news".

Oh yeah, me too. I was already afraid that weekend could get lost in all the work that's on my table currently. But no. No - everything is alright.

Good to hear you a had great weekend, too.

The Eifel is a wonderful region of Germany, though for me as a son of the north, there is nothing more beautiful than the sea.

And food. Boy. I already get fat reading what you describe ...

As a Dutchman I get my fair share of the Sea, I've always been more attracted to the forest and desert.

I will certainly visit the Eiffel region again, a few years ago we had manouvres near Cochum, another part, was also great.

As for the food part, one of the things that still amazes me is when I order a Schnitzel in a German restaurant, I either get a really huge one or two or even three smaller ones for a price that is cheaper than in The Netherlands, not to mention the German ones taste better.

We went out for dinner and lunch each day, had breakfast in the Hotel.

The second day a restaurant served Wild Boar marinated in a red wine...soooooo delicious.

We took some of the German pastries home and I also bought a few salamis, two from Wild Boar and one from Deer.

And mustard, one jar with honey mustard and one with tomato mustard.

The Germans sure know what is delicious.

We went hiking as well, near Höfen, Konzen and the Rur area.

Awesome!

We were lucky to have great weather as well.

I'm happy to hear you had a great time.

I have found walking in nature to be one of the best remedies to fight bad thoughts.

We encountered some deer and several birds while walking in the forest and I spotted some large beetles as well.

One of the deer ran away, stopped a few meters further and stood between the trees watching us, then ran away again.

He looked delicious awesome!

27 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I love it when good threads are necro-ed.

There is a lot of good stuff on the forums.

Yours is one of them.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
44 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I love it when good threads are necro-ed.

There is a lot of good stuff on the forums.

Yours is one of them.

Very much the truth. And it brings it to the attention of those who weren't around at the time!

COFFEE!!

• Like 8

Banana waffles were a success! Coffee was yummy. Time to wash the dishes. Then back to Blightfang!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

As for the food part, one of the things that still amazes me is when I order a Schnitzel in a German restaurant, I either get a really huge one or two or even three smaller ones for a price that is cheaper than in The Netherlands, not to mention the German ones taste better.

We went out for dinner and lunch each day, had breakfast in the Hotel.

The second day a restaurant served Wild Boar marinated in a red wine...soooooo delicious.

We took some of the German pastries home and I also bought a few salamis, two from Wild Boar and one from Deer.

And mustard, one jar with honey mustard and one with tomato mustard.

The Germans sure know what is delicious.

Ok, now I'm totally jealous.

Also fondly remembering getting to visit Kiel, Germany a few years ago on my last deployment. I ate and drank as much good food and beer as possible during our 4 days there.

Might be time to go searching for German restaurants nearby....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

There is this thing called edible glitter. :ph34r:

Sounds....infectious.

• Haha 7

I sortof got roped into playing racquetball yesterday with Sir Cyr and friends. Thing is though, I stink, and rather hate games involving a ball. This led to a friend and I deciding it was more fun to just try to hit the ball as much as we could and fling it at the wall. We were terrible but just raging and hitting the ball was plenty of fun compared to worrying about rules.

Then we had beers....

Now I am sore. Ahhhhggg.. 

• Like 13

In the Eberron game, I think we may have triggered what happened on the Day of Mourning - the experiment was pushed forward by two weeks, which changed the dominant moon.

These things matter on Eberron.

It was pushed forward because they found out that somebody (us and the agency we belong to) was investigating - but the order did not go through the magic using types, just through the military.

The Auld Grump

• Like 4