Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

11 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Welcome to my world.

I make lists.

Lists of things that need to be done.

Lists of things to pick up from the grocery store, the hardware store, etc.

Without the lists, I'd spend a lot of time going back for that one forgotten item.

As a list-maker, I find the Reaper U notebooks are a real handy size and easier to find this time of year when school supplies are well stocked

GEM

I actually remembered what I wanted to do as soon as I hit submit.  I'm generating a bunch of 3rd level characters in case I have kids that show up wanting to play. 

But thanks for reminding me what I need to put on my wife's list for this weekend - going to buy discount school supplies. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

My go to "recipe" for chili:

3-4 cans of red beans. 2 can of black beans, 1 can of random other beans that I accidentally grabbed when buying a cartful of beans when they were on sale. 1 large can of stewed  diced tomatoes. 1 can of tomato paste. 1-2 onions, 1-2 boxes of sliced mushrooms. Green pepper or two. 4-8 tablespoons of chili powder, some pepper, cumin, salt. Can add in a pound or two of ground beef if you want. You don't have to brown it, but it tastes better if you do. A handful of peanuts adds some interesting texture. 

Put the crock pot on low for 8-10 hours. Done. 

Beans in chili?

Heathen.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

I like some beans in chili, but I wouldn't make them my main constituent usually. Sir Cyr just doesn't want any, if avoidable. Sometimes I make him deal with a little bit, or lentils. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Kheprera said:

Beans in chili?

Heathen.

In some parts of the country calling something "chili" when it has beans in it is Food Heresy.

Beans may be served as a side dish, but they aren't part of a legitimate chili recipe in those regions where Chili peppers are grown.

Any recipe that includes beans with chili should properly be called "Chili and Beans" or "Beans and Chili"

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

No beans in chili.  Mrs. Strawhat is slowly catching on, but she still likes her beans and she's the cook.  At least I've got her down to 2:1 meat/bean ratio.  Now if I could just get some heat in it...

I remember being younger and having dinner with some of my relations, and they put macaroni and rice in it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

When in New Mexico, the assumption on chili is much different. In Colorado, it seems context dependent. Green chili is a sauce to drench stuff involving green chili peppers, but chili or a cup or chili is a tomato meat and bean thing with spices. 

• Like 10

I have to make the distinction when I make chili - as I make both major kinds.

My preferred chili is literally just meat, spices, and happiness.

I add beans and other weird things to my northern chili.

I love all kinds of food and I want to try them all, but goodness gracious am I glad to be born into the world of Tex-Mex right off the bat. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, strawhat said:

No beans in chili.  Mrs. Strawhat is slowly catching on, but she still likes her beans and she's the cook.  At least I've got her down to 2:1 meat/bean ratio.  Now if I could just get some heat in it...

I remember being younger and having dinner with some of my relations, and they put macaroni and rice in it.

After you make your chili you can serve it with whatever side dish lights up your taste buds.

I like Hormel Chili with Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  It's an easy and fast meal when there isn't time [or energy] for scratch cooking.

Wife likes her Mac&Cheese without any garnishments.

GEM

• Like 6

I am anti-beans on principle. I grew up somewhat poor, beans were cheap, I was bean-ed out long before I grew up.

I couldn't even put beans in burritos until I was 21. And they had to be whole beans only, none of that refried junk. And I grew up in California.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Wife likes her Mac&Cheese without any garnishments.

GEM

... I make mine with extra cheese as the garnish. :ph34r:

The few times I've been able to hang out with my siblings, they've been like, "MAKE US MAC AND CHEESE IT'S SO GOOD."

You dear, sweet things. I didn't mean to addict you to cheese, but here we all are... :lol:

Edited by Morihalda
I like punctuation. Also I've been drinking so both of those together is... a thing
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

The forgetfulness things:  I am so forgetful it's not even funny anymore. To be frank, I wasn't this forgetful until my depression set in hard core about 10 years ago. It comes and goes with my depression, it's super weird. So like this last year, wow, it's a miracle I've remembered half the things I do.... >_>

Anyways. Back to cheese. And chili. :P

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

This talk of Mac&Cheese has got my taste buds yearning for the taste of a baked Mac&Cheese.

I guess before the week ends I'll be heating up the kitchen for a couple of hours.

GEM

2 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

The forgetfulness things:  I am so forgetful it's not even funny anymore. To be frank, I wasn't this forgetful until my depression set in hard core about 10 years ago. It comes and goes with my depression, it's super weird. So like this last year, wow, it's a miracle I've remembered half the things I do.... >_>

Anyways. Back to cheese. And chili. :P

I didn't have memory problems anything like what I went through after my "accident".

I've always been somewhat absentminded, as in not really concerned about the world outside my headspace.

It got really bad after the drunk wiped me out, with both short and long term memory problems.

I still have problems, thankfully, not to the extent I did right after the accident.

Since I discovered that an intensive regimen of Vitamin B supplements helps out with the constant headache my memory issues seem to also be somewhat diminished.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2