Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I think more training has to go in keeping the memories you want to keep. I shoved out memories of being a teen when I was pretty miserable (parents splitting hit me hard). Instead of pushing out the bad, I pushed out everything. I know not all was bad, but good things are fuzzy at best. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

i know the feeling. I have very poor memory and i honestly cannot remember anything before the 9th grade, and even my highschool years are very foggy and just vague memories now

beginning college years are starting to fade now too

part of the reason i take so many pictures when on trips is so that i dont' forget those special moments, because i forget things about 5 years after they happen without those pictures to help keep things there

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kheprera said:

Might appeal to some...

Pizza with bacon as the crust.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22688640/bacon-weave-pizza-recipe/

*** Drools***

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

Put the potato in a Tupperware (or equivalent) and add a splash of water. Close the lid and microwave for the normal time. Potato will be cooked without drying out or getting mushy like it would from boiling. 

*** Lowers basket***

*** It will put the potato in the tupperware and apply the water !!!***

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Memory.

I used to think I had a fabulous memory.

Then multiple people gaslighted me. Over time I started to doubt myself. Especially when it came to GMing (a player was telling me things happened one way, I remembered it differently). I started recording my sessions and taking lots of notes. A GM did this to me as well.

Found out I was mostly right. Between the player and boyfriends' gaslighting, I still have issues and second guess myself a lot. I know I'm not perfect, but I do remember things others don't.

The women on my mom's side tend to suffer dementia as they get older. It's a fear of mine, so being told I don't remember right really makes me skittish now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

i was neglected physically and emotionally as a child, and that's why mom says i dont' remember much. But that doesn't explain why high school and college (when i moved in with my mom and my life improved) are still fading

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Just remember to eat the peel.

Megan has just about gotten used to the fact that I don't peel the potatoes before mashing them. (But mocks my supercilious tendency to call potato mashers 'ricers'....)

The Auld Grump

You are always super sillius. ::P:

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Bent titanium is pretty gnarly. Especially when you find chunks missing. 

That sounds like your test was more ... interesting ... than expected. :blink:

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

The best chili I ever had was in this little family place down in Texas, kinda out in the middle of nowhere. :devil:

I've never had anything quite like it since....

To further stoke the flames of the food war:

Pineapple on Pizza is delicious.::P:

Of course it is.

It complements the flavor of Bacon and Canadian Bacon remarkably well.

The real question is Crushed or Chunks?

Personally I prefer the Crushed Pineapple.

GEM

So call me a monster.  It's part of my name.::P:

5 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Probably not.*

*any claim as to the veracity of eating or not eating is unverified and unconfirmable

You do realize that "Irish in me" can refer to Irish Whiskey.

Pass the Jamison's Black Label please.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

declawing a cat /is/ barbaric; they don't just take the claw off, they take off the end of the 'finger'. Just imagine your own fingers, a whole joint shorter; that's what a declawed cat gets to deal with. :/

I can think of a very, very few situations where shortening an earflap /might/ be beneficial. Most of them have to do with preventing an infection from getting worse, and shouldn't be necessary. >.<

I got nothin' for tails; that's just unnecessary. Dogs got tails. Dog tails wag. Anything in the vicinity goes on the floor or gets beat on. This is known. If that's a problem... don't get a dog.

Or re-arrange your furniture so that everything that might get jostled is above wag level.

GEM

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:
8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

The best chili I ever had was in this little family place down in Texas, kinda out in the middle of nowhere. :devil:

I've never had anything quite like it since....

To further stoke the flames of the food war:

Pineapple on Pizza is delicious.::P:

Of course it is.

It complements the flavor of Bacon and Canadian Bacon remarkably well.

The real question is Crushed or Chunks?

Personally I prefer the Crushed Pineapple.

GEM

So call me a monster.  It's part of my name.::P:

Pineapple with pepperoni. Sweet and meat and oil and spices.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2