Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

3 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Talking of salsa makes me wish I had some in the house.  I like to pull the stem out of a mushroom and fill it with salsa and pop it whole into my mouth!

Hua... I've never tried that. Then again I usually don't go for uncooked mushrooms. But this might be worth a try. Actually, it might be worth a try both ways. Bunch of mushroom caps with salsa popped into the oven for a bit, sprinkled with cheese? Mmm... 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Talking of salsa makes me wish I had some in the house.  I like to pull the stem out of a mushroom and fill it with salsa and pop it whole into my mouth!

If I liked whole mushrooms, I'd hop on that bandwagon. Reminds me of what I used to do with raspberries - use the little cup shape as a sugar scoop.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

If I liked whole mushrooms, I'd hop on that bandwagon. Reminds me of what I used to do with raspberries - use the little cup shape as a sugar scoop.

It works with small sweet peppers as well.  Cut the end off and pull out the seeds and refill it with salsa.  I like it best if you nuke the peppers in the microwave for 10 or 20 seconds first.  Yum!

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

We've got some salsa, but we're lacking on chips.

I'm just gonna ignore that last bit...:zombie:...no fungus among us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Best mini pepper thing I did: 

Hollow out mini bell peppers. 

Mix soft goat cheese with turmeric and chopped smoked salmon. 

Shove cheese-salmon goop in peppers. Roast 'um. 

Could probably also put some spice in there. In that case I didn't (Gramma can't have even a flake of black pepper and she wanted food). 

• Like 10

Another surprising (well it surprised me when it was good) combo is guacamole slathered on portabello mushrooms.  Even better if you drizzle some balsamic on it as well.  

I'm officially considering a run to the grocery store at this point.  I'm drooling.  Literally.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Another surprising (well it surprised me when it was good) combo is guacamole slathered on portabello mushrooms.  Even better if you drizzle some balsamic on it as well.  

I'm officially considering a run to the grocery store at this point.  I'm drooling.  Literally.

That seems reasonable. Load it up with tasty fatty goop, lol. I do an olive oil and balsamic vinegar thing on portabellos. Mix in a bunch of cumin and rosemary and garlic, salt, pepper (spice as you want). Drench the gills and broil the 'shroom. After 10 mins or so, take it out, slather it in a bunch of goat cheese, then broil again. 

• Like 8

Since this has turned into Reaper Recipes, my favorite sushi place makes a tempura fried sweet potato roll with eel sauce.  I can eat nothing but that and be completely satisfied.  (To be clear, the sweet potato is tempura fried and then added to the roll, not the whole roll fried)

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Nathair said:

??? This thread is like a squirrel just running all over the place 

SQUIRREL!:blink:

Indeed it is, and we likes it that way we does.:poke:

WELCOME! to the madhouse.

If you see purple text, it is something said in jest.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

RE: people who miss Texas:

No automatic alt text available.

Truth.

Michigan, went to their "Mexican" restaurant. Everything was heavily laden with chili powder. Apparently chili powder = Mexican food there.

Bleh.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2