Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

4 minutes ago, strawhat said:

I was randomly thinking about things, and thought about Mad Libs.  Then I wondered who would appreciate a nice Mad Lib...and, well....

A vacation is when you take a trip to some @Glitterwolf place with your @Glitterwolf family. Usually you go to some place that is near a/an @Glitterwolf or up on a/an @Glitterwolf. A good vacation place is one where you can ride @Glitterwolf or play @Glitterwolf or go hunting for @Glitterwolf. I like to spend my time GLITTERING or WOLFING. When parents go on a vacation, they spend their time eating three @Glitterwolfs a day, and fathers play golf, and mothers sit around @Glitterwolf. Last summer, my little brother fell in a/an @Glitterwolf and got poison @Glitterwolf all over his @Glitterwolf. My family is going to go to (the) @Glitterwolf, and I will practice @Glitterwolf. Parents need vacations more than kids because parents are always very @Glitterwolf and because they have to work @Glitterwolf hours every day all year making enough @Glitterwolf to pay for the vacation.

'Cause I can.  :poke:

(I should note that this is a downloadable Mad Lib from their site.)

"poison  @Glitterwolf"

The mind boggles at the contemplation of this concept.

GEM

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Now, see... If this had been me I would have, at that point, pulled out the CS spray and shot him in said exposed junk with it...

CS is tear gas. At most it would have made his junk a little itchy until he washed it off. OC is pepper spray, and that will burn like a mother until you wash it, then burn a little less until you wash it like 5 more times, then it will linger for at least a couple days if it's the good stuff, which is the stuff we carry. Except I still don't carry it, because I still haven't been sprayed myself yet, and it likely won't happen until at least November, because I think that's when the next class from the police academy comes back. When that happens, the local PD does their own spray test, on top of the one that the new recruits got at the academy, and that's when I'll get my spray test. If it's not November, it'll be either March or June.

But I wouldn't have sprayed the dude in the junk anyway. That's a good way to lose my job. As much as I hate my job because it's a job, I like my job because it's not a terrible job. Now, I want my spray for the next time some people at a frat party start deciding to throw beer cans and bottles at me. I'll dump the whole can into the crowd, because at that point my safety is being threatened.

• Like 8

Ha three games of kill team today.  Really enjoying it.

Sktarii vs neophytes

Tyrannids vs Tau

Neophytes vs Tau

Skatarii tyrannids and Tau got one game each.  All done in 4 hours even with new players.

• Like 8

tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

Even though the xkcd comic above is intended as humor, I've literally spent the last 7 hours doing exactly this (aside from the "Ask someone for help or give up" step, cuz I can get crazy stubborn sometimes). 

MrBoot did...something to his computer while trying to optimize something to do with his graphics cards. In the process of trying to fix this, he did something that made the whole situation worse, since it would no longer maintain a stable boot to windows at all (it would load to login, the screen would flicker to black a couple of times, then BSOD with a video card driver-related error message).

3 of my hours were spent going in fruitless circles trying (and failing) to diagnose and fix why Windows 8.1 was unable to boot to Safe mode since MrBoot had tried to get it working but found it disabled. 2 hours were spent running a checkdisk in the vain hope it would fix one of the somethings that had gone wrong. 1.5 hours were spent looking up every blasted thing I could find about unlocking/creating/deleting/backing up/creating/insertverbhere the boot (heh) partition and related bootup topics (don't worry, I touched nothing, only looked around with the command prompt; I know my limitations well and have a solid grasp of what not to mess with). 20 minutes were spent gradually realizing that Windows 8.1 uses an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT partitioning system, so most of what I'd been trying had been pointless anyways. 7 minutes were spent looking up how to access Safe mode with a UEFI rather than BIOS thingy, and the last 3 minutes were spent discovering that I'd actually had access to Safe mode booting THE ENTIRE FREAKING TIME. And then calmly, easily, simply, booting Windows up in Safe mode. :mellow: The second that was successfully completed, I stood up and walked away from it, I was so done at that point. So much wasted time. 

I'd taken MrBoot at his word that Safe mode was inaccessible (who knows, maybe something I did made ithe option appear), plus I was so focused on booting from either the recovery disk or the recovery usb that I ignored all the other options. Either way, it's a wonder I didn't dropkick the whole thing out the window. <_<

I'm gonna go sleep now. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Sad 13

26 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I was done with this week at the beginning of yesterday and it was only my Tuesday :blink:

Today is my one day off until next Saturday. But then I had the foresight to schedule a few days off because I could feel my malaise growing as early as 2 weeks ago, so I'll have a 6 day stretch of nothing.

Maybe I'll clean my armor and go hit some people for the first time since June. I really haven't done that enough lately. I had all sorts of plans for hitting people this year, but then most of them went out the window because I've sunk down into an antisocial hole and don't want to leave my house 95% of the time.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump - Megan's witch just picked up her first real combat spell - so I am giving her a chance to use it.

*Hey, Megan had minis for halfling cannibals - how could I not use them?! The zombies were happening anyway. ::P:

Who makes these interesting sounding figures?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Who makes these interesting sounding figures?

Games Workshop forest goblins with head swaps. ::):

I don't know if the minis are still made, but one store was offloading a lot of Warhammer figures when Age of Stinksmore dropped on the unsuspecting populace. (I gather that AoS has since become a playable game - but that first version was brown and sounded like a bell.)

*EDIT*  I have no idea what she did with the spiders that came with the set - the goblins were mounted on plastic pterodactyls instead.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Megan and Julie both figured out that the purpose of giving the PCs the slaves was to keep the group away from the core worlds for a year and a day - so they are generating a second group of PCs to act as agents in the Capitol.

If the queen wants them away for a year, it means that she plans to do something during that year - and as they suspect that she is a devotee of The Unspeakable One... they want agents in place to stop it. (This was my plan from the beginning - there is an entire Core Worlds arc that is temporally incompatible with the Marches.)

But as yet, they have no idea who sicced zombie halfling tribesmen on them, or why - so, they are going to seek out the islands where those halflings come from.

All of the zombies had ritual scarification - and Megan's witch thinks that they had essentially been enchanted to turn into zombies when they died - possibly years before it happened. (She almost rolled high enough to know for sure - and may get a reroll if she can either dig up a bonus for the next roll (library) or increases her Knowledge [Arcane] and Spellcraft next level. Close enough that if the Bard had been singing, she might have made it - unfortunately, the Bard was in the tavern, gathering other information.)

The problem with trying to get information by going to the islands is, well... cannibal halflings. ::P:  (And I am painting up a certain miniature from a certain Bones Kickstarter that they are certain to run into....)

Megan was happy to learn that if a spell has a metamagic feat to turn the damage into nonlethal damage, it won't do things like setting their ship on fire. (Casting fireball on a ship is... a monumentally bad idea.) Merciful Spell also does not take up a higher level slot, you just have to note ahead of time that you are preparing it as Merciful. (I picture non-lethal fire damage being a bit like a Looney Toons cartoon.)

She is thinking of getting it as a Rod, if she ever has the spare funds. Increasing versatility more than increasing power. (Heck, if she gets the right feats, she can make it herself. Or the Magus can, if she goes that route.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Local ice cream shop has Honey Lavender on their list of regulars. SQUEEE. 

And the name of this place, please?!!!

@OneBoot, you have now learned rule #1 of IT support:  Alway verify the user's complaint.  Even awesome people make mistakes.  

We had a successful D&D game yesterday with no near deaths for once.  Killed four hill giants and one fire giant.  Most effective use of mass fire shield as we surrounded the fire giant and made him take cold damage every time he hit us.  My poor paladin took so much damage.  :zombie:  The rogue did a fantastic job of hiding and/or flanking and getting  sneak attack damage that at the end of the fight the paladin kissed him on both cheeks.  Gotta keep the troops motivated.  :;):

Edited by LittleBluberry
updating tags
  • Like 9

Here's how I'm eating my left over pot roast

IMG_1881.thumb.JPG.dcb2367a585fc2b1f523394c40ee7bef.JPG

Not pictured are the cats who think it's a grave injustice that they were not permitted to be taste testers.

• Like 7
  • Haha 10