Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

@OneBoot, you have now learned rule #1 of IT support:  Alway verify the user's complaint.  Even awesome people make mistakes.  

:lol: Very true. I thought I had, but really I didn't do much more than a bit of casual research into how Windows 8 handles boot options before diving in with possible solutions. It's certainly set up differently from Windows 7 (due to the aforementioned change from a BIOS firmware system to a UEFI one), which I'm far more used to, plus it has some wonky things that were fixed in Windows 10.

Part of the problem was that I was super tired, and never processed the fact that the "Windows Boot Menu" option that sometimes showed up in the list of boot drives was not a "Return to the boot menu" command, but an actual boot option. Ah well, at least I learned me some computer stuffs, which I'm sure will come in handy again later. 

...It occurs to me that I spent rather more time yesterday unironically typing the word 'boot' than is typical for me. Which is saying something. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
wrong terminology
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Year old daughter just started walking a few steps without hanging onto something a couple days ago. One of the wife's friends gave us an old sort of bike/car thingy for her. She can sit straddling it like a bike without peddles or the seat can be opened in a Y shape allowing her to stand while holding the handle bars or steering wheel (just for show). This morning she's running from end to end of the house with her machine screaming as loud as she can, running into things regularly. It's hilarious to watch with her little legs pumping away and the noises. First time I saw it after I quit laughing I went, "Oh crap! Another woman driver in the house." ::P: Shouldn't say that because I'm harder on vehicles than my wife.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

In that case @Zink, thank goodness for another lady driver in your house! Maybe the vehicles will be happier ::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Well, just had a quintessential NYC moment: celebrity encounter on the street. Peter Dinklage! He was pushing a stroller, and walking towards us as we were heading toward Trader Joe's!! 

Aside from making lunch boxes, most of the chores for the day are done... Oh, and ironing. Looks like i'll get some painting in today!!

• Like 15

Ugh. The Ghoulie Bag includes Spectral White paint. I've been wanting that paint for a while now. Two paints, a bones figure, and the October special... that's like Iunno, $10-15 of stuff tossed in? <grumbles about trying to be responsible> 

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Ugh. The Ghoulie Bag includes Spectral White paint. I've been wanting that paint for a while now. Two paints, a bones figure, and the October special... that's like Iunno, $10-15 of stuff tossed in? <grumbles about trying to be responsible> 

I've got the same "problem".  Oh, don't forget you also get Breast Cancer Awareness Pink tossed in with it (even if you may have lumped such in with the October special)!  I'll have to see if I can somehow squeeze an order in, probably for more bases because I seem to be always running out of those (although in all fairness, I never did buy 60x35mm ovals, or 32mm bases in the first place), and then it's on to other commitments like catching up on bills and then taking someone up on their rather generous offer...

• Like 11

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Here's how I'm eating my left over pot roast

IMG_1881.thumb.JPG.dcb2367a585fc2b1f523394c40ee7bef.JPG

Not pictured are the cats who think it's a grave injustice that they were not permitted to be taste testers.

Not Fair!

Posting pictures of something that looks so absolutely scrumptious.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

32 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I've got the same "problem".  Oh, don't forget you also get Breast Cancer Awareness Pink tossed in with it (even if you may have lumped such in with the October special)!  I'll have to see if I can somehow squeeze an order in, probably for more bases because I seem to be always running out of those (although in all fairness, I never did buy 60x35mm ovals, or 32mm bases in the first place), and then it's on to other commitments like catching up on bills and then taking someone up on their rather generous offer...

I have that pink already, but pop that in and value is kinda better. Wonder if a local game shop would trade a bottle for one I don't have. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Until Megan was pregnant with Brigid, I had always thought that the 'Pickles and Ice Cream' was just a recurring and insensitive joke.

Nope! She really wanted Pickles and Ice Cream, though not generally together. (With exceptions... including an incident involving icicle dills and melted ice cream. Using the ice cream as a dip. :blink:)

The Auld Grump

The only weird part there was the pickles.

OOOOHHH how I wanted pickles! I even dreamed about you bringing them to me. :lol:

Ice cream. I ALWAYS have room for ice cream!

21 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Thinking about siccing some cannibal halfling zombies on the PC's ship.... (By 'thinking about' I mean it is happening right now - as the zombies pull themselves over the railing.*)

The Auld Grump - Megan's witch just picked up her first real combat spell - so I am giving her a chance to use it.

*Hey, Megan had minis for halfling cannibals - how could I not use them?! The zombies were happening anyway. ::P:

I leaped out on a line, and cast lightning bolt ALONG THE SIDE OF THE SHIP! then swung back on. Swashbuckling witch for the win! ::D:  I took almost all of them off before they could make it on the ship.

Popping them like over cooked hot dogs!

I only cast it that once, but I got a lot of good out of it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

The motorcycle invasion is pretty much over for the year.  We didn't have as large an invasion as in some years. Everything is almost back to relative normal.

Took doggies to hang out at a dog friendly patio and ate some good food.

• Like 10

Okay, mental note: don't try and hastily assemble TEN murderous rat things in one go, space it out five at a time with breaks.  But man do I ever want to get these guys assembled today, and then do some greenstuff work on other minis after...

So many small fiddly parts!

• Like 8

Never go to pet shops. Their practices are totally unethical. Last thing you want is to end up with an inbread dog.

FC7EA0B6-6092-4126-BF42-20ACC62613D9.jpeg

• Haha 16