Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

My brain is weird.  It mixed/mashed up the common saying "Blood for the blood god!" with the intro to Bill Nye the Science Guy. 

Now I'm picturing Khorne Beserkers in blue half length lab coats and a bow tie.  Man that would probably be even more fearsome in the end, wouldn't it... 

And I'm tempted to see if I have the bits to make such a  conversion! 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
Silly autocorrupt.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Why does 5th edition have such an inky dinky space for spells? Like, I don't actually want to crack open the darned book every time I cast a spell.

This one is unfortunately easy to explain: They sell Spell Cards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

This one is unfortunately easy to explain: They sell Spell Cards.

:redacted!: 

Fine! Mofos want me to make my OWN spell sheets, I WILL! I'll make a whole freaking group of them! 

After I sleep.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

54 minutes ago, Unruly said:

And @Gadgetman!, ouch. I completely ignored my dentist's suggestion that I get an implant when my front tooth got pulled. I went with a bridge in part because it was just one tooth and the two teeth on either side were already crowned, but primarily because the bridge was far cheaper than the implant would have been. I want to say the implant would have been about $6000 for just the one, while I was able to get a root canal and a bridge done for $3000. I can only imagine if I'd had to get 11 of them done. I'd be settling for dentures.

Simple bridges wasn't an option for me. It was either implants, or... dentures.

My dentist isn't the cheapest around(all in all, it cost me around $23K), but he does have a full operating theatre, and hires an anesthesielogist from a local hospital, so they just 'knocked me under' and did it that way. Best 5 hours of sleep I've had.   

But... I wish they had warned me about one part...  

how dry the air they pumped into me was...   

then i could have rubbed something on my lips beforehand. 

Speaking with bruised, cracked and swollen lips was not fun. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

A neighbor just picked up a rescue pit bull.

The previous owner tried to turn her vicious, and instead left her incredibly scared, skittish, and shy.

Sweet natured, twitchy with energy and muscle, and almost made her new owner fall by running behind her and tripping her with her leash, trying to get away from my obviously dangerous dog.

Sammy's reaction was to flop and pant - his answer to a lot of the world's tough questions.

And this time, it looks like it was the right answer. He made himself look less threatening, and the new neighbor eventually came over and sniffed him. Still skittish, but I think Sammy has a good handle on things.

The Auld Grump

• Like 15

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Why does 5th edition have such an inky dinky space for spells? Like, I don't actually want to crack open the darned book every time I cast a spell.

Right? I like 5e, but a few things like that drive me nuts...

Monday... ::(: at least I'll be on vacation next week.

• Like 10

I solved that problem with Hero Lab.. 

• Like 6

*smacks into the end of the thread*  Finally caught up.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Happy to report I've actually managed to do something hobby related every day for the past week.  Been working on a squad of rebels for Star Wars Legion.  Hopefully I'll have them finished by the end of the week.  I'll try to rememberer to post a show off for them.

• Like 11

Spoiler

44838295322_7039e5e6cc_b.jpg

Zoey has decided that mousies is for killin'.

Did anyone else get a lot more interested in flumphs once they realized that they could talk like these guys?

Related image

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Fine! Mofos want me to make my OWN spell sheets, I WILL! I'll make a whole freaking group of them! 

I made my own spell cards using a graphics program, Publisher, Excel and mail merge.   Took me quite a bit of time to get all the spells typed into an Excel spreadsheet, but now that part is done, I can easily generate custom spell cards for each spell caster. I even update the background so that different players can keep their cards separate. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Did anyone else get a lot more interested in flumphs once they realized that they could talk like these guys?

Briiiinnnng!

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Zoey has decided that mousies is for killin'.

Ahhhh, my childhood heroes.  Still kind of are....  With cookie monster a very close second. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

After I sleep.

make your own spells. put them in a book.

• Like 9

After I sleep.

I do believe dm's guild has spellsheets on there.

I've got the cards. They are nice to have but since I've gotten Beyond & my Chromebook, I've yet to use them. 

3 hours ago, eldamir said:

I solved that problem with Hero Lab.. 

Problem with HL is its srd & community based when it comes to updates. It'll work as I've used it the past couple of years for my Rcon games. After seeing some options not in either, I switched to Beyond. Official & it makes my 5e gaming easier to run. 

HL will still get use for Pf (whether it's 1st or 2nd). Great program. 

• Like 7

I just love it when the owner of a site that's been a customer for 16+ years tell me "We don't know how to do that because we've never had to do that" (rebooting a specific part of their system) when I darn well know they have multiple times at multiple locations, and it's something their last tech knew how to do and tried before calling me.   Maybe they shouldn't treat their techs like crap, and they won't move on to a better job...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 7