Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

I started a kinda weird challenge today: I'm going to try to not squish pimples for a whole week. I go more than a bit beyond just getting rid of zits that are obvious, or easy to remove. I go for them large or small, ripe or unripe, even when I know I'm doing more harm than good. Yeah, some gotta go, but most... it is just taking out aggression or frustration on my own face. If there is a mirror, I'll spend a while tearing at them. I've gone so far as to use my fingernails to tear into small blackheads and end up bleeding from it, and keeping a pin around to get at deep ones. Not good.

Today is Day 1. I am allowed to wash my face, use whatever lotions and scrubs, but no squishing. If I make it a week, I get to go to a spa where a professional can get rid of whatever appears. I probably haven't gone a day without doing this for years (less so during camping trips without a mirror, but even then sometimes). I'm sure I'll end up looking worse for a while until my skin gets used to not being abused, but the habit has to stop. 

*grumbles*

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

bites Monday’s leg for @Glitterwolf

Blood drive at work today. We’ll see how that goes. 

Well, that depends: are you donating, or 'helping' others to donate? :devil:

6 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

A neighbor just picked up a rescue pit bull.

The previous owner tried to turn her vicious, and instead left her incredibly scared, skittish, and shy.

Sweet natured, twitchy with energy and muscle, and almost made her new owner fall by running behind her and tripping her with her leash, trying to get away from my obviously dangerous dog.

Sammy's reaction was to flop and pant - his answer to a lot of the world's tough questions.

And this time, it looks like it was the right answer. He made himself look less threatening, and the new neighbor eventually came over and sniffed him. Still skittish, but I think Sammy has a good handle on things.

The Auld Grump

People like that need to REDACTED DUE TO LARGE AMOUNTS OF PROFANE VOCABULARY INTERSPERSED WITH UNNECESSARILY VIVID AND DISTURBING DESCRIPTIONS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE SOME OF WHICH MIGHT NOT EVEN BE ENTIRELY POSSIBLE. :grr:

I'm glad to hear she has a better person now, though.

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I started a kinda weird challenge today: I'm going to try to not squish pimples for a whole week. I go more than a bit beyond just getting rid of zits that are obvious, or easy to remove. I go for them large or small, ripe or unripe, even when I know I'm doing more harm than good. Yeah, some gotta go, but most... it is just taking out aggression or frustration on my own face. If there is a mirror, I'll spend a while tearing at them. I've gone so far as to use my fingernails to tear into small blackheads and end up bleeding from it, and keeping a pin around to get at deep ones. Not good.

Today is Day 1. I am allowed to wash my face, use whatever lotions and scrubs, but no squishing. If I make it a week, I get to go to a spa where a professional can get rid of whatever appears. I probably haven't gone a day without doing this for years (less so during camping trips without a mirror, but even then sometimes). I'm sure I'll end up looking worse for a while until my skin gets used to not being abused, but the habit has to stop. 

*grumbles*

Good luck!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

People like that need to REDACTED DUE TO LARGE AMOUNTS OF PROFANE VOCABULARY INTERSPERSED WITH UNNECESSARILY VIVID AND DESCRIPTIVE DESCRIPTIONS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE SOME OF WHICH MIGHT NOT EVEN BE ENTIRELY POSSIBLE. :grr:

I'm glad to hear she has a better person now, though.

Good luck!

It happens with pit bulls a good deal ::(:

People are told that pitties are vicious, so they buy one in the hopes of having a slavering beast. (Most that I have met can be better described as hyperactive, not vicious.)

The last time we had a pit bull as a neighbor (actually a Staffordshire Terrier) she managed to get in through our bedroom window.

On the second floor.

And we didn't have a porch.

Ground->trashcan->1st floor roof->window->floor, then curled up and went to sleep. Our cats were not happy - but she didn't chase them, just broke in and took a nap.

She later had her picture in the paper, having managed to get on the roof of the building. (I guess nobody told her that dogs can't climb.)

This new pittie is a sweetheart, but scared of a lot of things - I am worried that somebody might frighten her enough that she bits, which would be bad - she's a sweetie, just really, really scared.

But I have hopes - her first response to a strange dog was to try to hide behind her new alpha person. She was shaking. ::(:

The Auld Grump

• Like 14

I know it does, and it's a shame.

Doesn't change my feelings towards those people, though.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

*grumbles*

Any time you feel like popping the zit, watch this instead -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Kn1pNIlq8

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

SOME OF WHICH MIGHT NOT EVEN BE ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

I can help with that...  Almost anything is possible if I put my mind to it hard enough.   :devil:

• Like 9

My mom's adopted pitbull is a sweetheart and also climbs - she's all front end strength and can pull herself up. She will go after small non-dog critters left to her own devices. To people? Total snugglebutt. An 80lbs snugglebutt. That was a bit problematic when she bounced into my lap and put all 80lbs on one paw on my arm while falling. Not jumping, just a bounce (I was encouraging her). Had a huge bruise that lasted weeks, to the point where people asked if I'd been beaten. Months later and the skin is still faintly discolored. Dog got her snuggles and her belly rubs. 10/10 would pet again. She tries to be polite but sometimes doesn't understand. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

*grumbles*

If you feel the need to pop, look up Dr Pimple Popper on Youtube. It's footage taken from a GoPro strapped onto the head of a cheery dermatologist. It's awesome/disgusting/satisfying depending on your view of 'plooks' (as we call them in these parts)

35 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

People are told that pitties are vicious, so they buy one in the hopes of having a slavering beast. (Most that I have met can be better described as hyperactive, not vicious.)

The last time we had a pit bull as a neighbor (actually a Staffordshire Terrier) she managed to get in through our bedroom window.

On the second floor.

Ground->trashcan->1st floor roof->window->floor, then curled up and went to sleep. Our cats were not happy - but she didn't chase them, just broke in and took a nap.

She later had her picture in the paper, having managed to get on the roof of the building. (I guess nobody told her that dogs can't climb.)

This new pittie is a sweetheart, but scared of a lot of things - I am worried that somebody might frighten her enough that she bits, which would be bad - she's a sweetie, just really, really scared.

But I have hopes - her first response to a strange dog was to try to hide behind her new alpha person. She was shaking. ::(:

The Auld Grump

Pits are banned over here, which means that idiots import the really aggressive ones as status symbols ::(:

• Sad 7

49 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

On the second floor.

The Auld Grump

We had a pack of 4 pit bulls living at the house adjacent to our gang mailbox for a couple years.

These were love puppies who would come up to the fence, wagging from ears to tail in the hope of a pat on the head or a rub behind the ears.

I would always take a minute to talk to them, eagerly lined up with their paws on top of the 3 foot high chain link fence separating their yard from the public street, and give them a little attention as part of the routine of getting the mail.

GEM

16 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I can help with that...  Almost anything is possible if I put my mind to it hard enough.   :devil:

Or if you are willing to break some bones as part of the process.

GEM

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Per my Khornate Chaplain’s text the correct answer is both. Khorne cares not from where the blood flows. 

• Like 8

BTW, I did not play hooky at work today. I'm here. On about 3 hours of sleep. And it sucks. I may play hooky tomorrow instead...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

We had a pack of 4 pit bulls living at the house adjacent to our gang mailbox for a couple years.

These were love puppies who would come up to the fence, wagging from ears to tail in the hope of a pat on the head or a rub behind the ears.

I would always take a minute to talk to them, eagerly lined up with their paws on top of the 3 foot high chain link fence separating their yard from the public street, and give them a little attention as part of the routine of getting the mail.

GEM

But WAY energetic. And very snuffle, snort, snuffle, LICK!

I think I have met the pit bull Grump was talking about.

She was trying to climb into her owner's lap at the park.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

But WAY energetic. And very snuffle, snort, snuffle, LICK!

I think I have met the pit bull Grump was talking about.

She was trying to climb into her owner's lap at the park.

Oh - yes!

The drool and slobber were an integral part of the greeting. :lol:

As were the rapidly licking tongues.

Fortunately they weren't leapers, otherwise it would have been me gimping up to the mailbox and then getting mobbed by very large and excited puppies who didn't realize their own size and strength.

GEM

• Like 7