Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

9 hours ago, canuckotter said:

I've got some time off coming up so I might actually have time to keep up around here for a bit! I miss y'all. I was telling a friend tonight how much I love the forums and forumites.

Glad to see to see you!

You have been away too long!

Don't let that happen again or you will need to do extra homework!

We hiked yesterday, about 12Km through fields and woods.

Today I worked on the Lost World and the Welcom to the Jungle Project, also a little on my Children of the Grave Project.

Later this afternoon we will visit my girl's parents for dinner.

Mostly we get fries and snacks from the snackbar because with so many people grandma can't keep up anymore.

We're having an Indian Summer here, normally it should be 15 degrees celsius and it is now still 25, yesterday we had almost 30 degrees celsius.

I approve of this since I hate, loathe and despise Winter!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Glad to see to see you!

Just as a warning, I'm going to vanish in a week, but I'll be back again a little while later. I'm going for surgery. :wub: I might be a little loopy when I get back too, but that might not be noticeable around here... :lol: 

Sorry to hear about your night @Unruly. Even if you didn't have to do anything directly that's still gotta suck.

Time for me to get up, get some breakfast, and start tackling the 4 pages of to-do list for things that need to get done before I go for surgery...

• Like 11

Well, last day of vacation. And sadly a good chunk of it will be spent travelling back home. Wish I could have taken Monday off. And then Wednesday my bride leaves me for a week. 

I'm really ready to be done with owning a car. I need to sit down and run the numbers about the costs of renting a car vs keeping my old Rio. For as long as I live in NYC, it just doesn't feel worth it. 

I wonder if I'll be up to painting something tonight after I get home. I miss painting...

• Like 9

22 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Ugh.

So I'm running a D&D game bi weekly at the local high school. We currently have 8 players.  So I let them dig through my bones collection and pick out minis.  Gave them each a little form to fill out to give me an idea of how they would like them painted - the form had little check boxes for which skin triad to use (I had a sample card there, too),  then lines for hair color, primary and accent colors for their clothing.

Pulled the minis out today and start looking at their forms.

First sheet: primary red with black accents

2nd sheet: brown with green

3rd sheet: purple with black

4th sheet: dark grey with black

5th sheet: black with purple

6th sheet: black with dark grey

7th sheet: black with silver

8th sheet: black with purple.

I am going to be sick of painting black.

At least they all picked different skin tones and hair colors.

Maybe it would be easier to teach them how to paint. a combination D&D game and paint session could be fun.

• Like 8

First session with the second Regency Space party - some weird characters, mostly built around something that the scenarios aren't necessarily about. Occultist and Mesmerist seeing play for the first time - and Jon is playing an Urban Ranger instead of a barbarian. ::o:  Also in the party is a Scout type Rogue and a Vigilante. The only standard character is Julie's Cleric.

Once again, no blasty spell casters and no heavily armored tanks.

The Vigilante is the younger brother of Duncan's swashbuckler, and is lesser nobility. (If Dunc's older character ends up dead then the Vigilante inherits.)

I think people are grabbing odd choices because Pathfinder 1 is being ended.

Current plan is about one month with this group, followed by about a month with the first group, then back to this one - alternating as each scenario is finished.

Starting the urban group at the same level as the star faring group.

And... it is this urban group that is most likely to interact with both Worm Guy and the Royal Family.

The Auld Grump - my fingers had added an extraneous T to star faring.... In space, no one can hear you, uhm... nevermind, it was the dog.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Glad to see to see you!

Here's those essay questions that you were asking for on lead and silver mining in Roman Britain.

Why did you want them, anyway?

The Auld Grump - I actually do find the topic fascinating, but the way people's eyes glaze when you start describing the transport of lead pigs is discouraging....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Here's those essay questions that you were asking for on lead and silver mining in Roman Britain.

Why did you want them, anyway?

The Auld Grump - I actually do find the topic fascinating, but the way people's eyes glaze when you start describing the transport of lead pigs is discouraging....

That sounds fascinating to me... ::o:

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

That sounds fascinating to me... ::o:

The Romans had an industrial secret - how to remove the tiny quantity of silver from the much greater yield of lead coming in the exact same veins.

To keep it secret - they never let the silver purification take place on Britain, instead shipping the large pigs of lead to Rome....

That small trace of silver being worth far more than the lead it was alloyed with by nature.

The Auld Grump - part of the reason Rome used lead in plumbing was that they had it as a massive industrial byproduct.

• Like 8

Snowing. Medium heavy, as its coming down hard but it is tiny flakes. Going to jump up and put a second set of clothes into the washer then make the grocery list. Son is wanting to make some cookies, and I'm not going to stop him. Then it'll be off to the grocery store and back before I start cleaning out my emails. I'm so far behind.

• Like 9

Woke up this morning to find the entire ground covered in snow. Should warm up enough tomorrow to make it all disappear, the rest of the week should be significantly warmer.

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

As long as there's less grease than the transportation of flesh pigs...

...in retrospect, the term 'flesh pigs' is rather disturbing if you apply it in any non-farming context.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

If you posted this previously elsewhere, I missed it. So allow me to add my Congratulations here!::):

I didn't want to derail Pingo's thread, so I brought this here. 

I've posted a few times about it here, but I'm trying to be chill about it. I mean, it's pretty much consuming my life right now, but I don't want to, uh, over saturate others with it. 

I was planning on posting a picture of my first ultra sound as a WIP though :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

We're having an Indian Summer here, normally it should be 15 degrees celsius and it is now still 25, yesterday we had almost 30 degrees celsius.

I approve of this since I hate, loathe and despise Winter!

You're the one that stole our heat!!! :grr: :lol: It should be 15 C here too and it was -5 C and snowing yesterday. Never amounted to anything but was unpleasant. Fortunately for me I spent the day in the house playing with the kids and painting.

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Woke up this morning to find the entire ground covered in snow. Should warm up enough tomorrow to make it all disappear, the rest of the week should be significantly warmer.

I'm hoping it does warm up. We don't really have any snow on the ground right now but it's cold and windy. I've had about 3 hours of combining to do for the last month. Not much there but I have to finish it before I can harass crop insurance for some money. Also got a lot of fence I want to fix before winter hits. Been real wimpy and lazy for the last month but that can't continue much longer.

7 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I was planning on posting a picture of my first ultra sound as a WIP though :lol:

Life's longest WIP just starting for you. I've been working on my first for 15 years now and it still needs more effort. Seems like it might turn out but some days I can't help but wonder. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

It's finally fall.

The apartment building has turned off the AC. Partner has brought out the knee high socks. I have my extra sleeves (cute arm warmers).

And my orchid in the window has decided now is the time to bloom. This plant gives no elfs, I swear it.

Edited by NebulousMissy
grammar strikes again
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

As long as there's less grease than the transportation of flesh pigs...

...in retrospect, the term 'flesh pigs' is rather disturbing if you apply it in any non-farming context.

There is a rather good Swedish computer game titled A Machine for Pigs... I will let your mind dwell on what it may be about.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5