Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

26 minutes ago, Sealab said:

Anyone going to Pax Unplugged at the end of November? Talking with my friends about going, if anyone wants to meet for some painting or play some tabletop at the event.

I will be there with most of my local group. If it goes like last year I'll likely be playing random RPGs in the indie RPG area, maybe also a starfinder game if I can get in to one this year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

How I initially read that.  Will now contemplate your new Ark project.

That'd require ALL THE SPACE. I don't know where I'd acquire that.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Hey, I've been waiting over 26 years now.  Looks promising but it's hard to know when you've got a final result.  Probably not until I stop paying for his phone.  :rolleyes:

My mom quit paying for my phone a couple years ago. While I was living in the house she and dad built she kept paying the phone even after I'd bought the land and house. She said I did enough for them without getting paid for it she didn't mind doing that. It was kind of odd but it made her happy.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sealab said:

Anyone going to Pax Unplugged at the end of November? Talking with my friends about going, if anyone wants to meet for some painting or play some tabletop at the event.

I wish I could afford to go. The tickets themselves aren't the problem, and its within driving distance for me, but the hotel room is what kills me. I wish it was in Pittsburgh instead, because then I've got friends I could crash with who would also probably go.

Maybe in a few years...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Unruly said:

he tickets themselves aren't the problem, and its within driving distance for me, but the hotel room is what kills me. I

This is what kills Gen Con for me lately.  I can control my spending fine at the con but a week of hotel just kills my wallet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Unruly said:

but the hotel room is what kills me

That's what's killed any thought of going to any PAX for me...  $250ish USD a night for a hotel room is....  A lot of pain to the wallet, to say the least.

• Like 3

My brother manages PAX West through the cunning use of Pile Of Guys Per Room.

There's a lot of sleeping on the floor. Not recommended for anyone who's spine has lived hard in any way.

• Like 10

My headset mic has decided to cut its losses. Considering this thing is attached to a fairly high end gaming headset (SteelSeries, iirc), I'm a touch irritated. On the flip side, we have a spare mic floating around loose. Just needs a few parts...

Still cheaper than replacing the whole headset.

*wanders off, dripping, with an armload of misc..*

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

<helpfully writes "Do Not Cut Above This Line" on the otter's forehead>   :winkthumbs:

Not to worry, they're not operating anywhere near my forehead. :;): 

Random thought just occurred to me... I REALLY won't be allowed to put a pic of that acquisition in the acquisitions thread...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

My brother manages PAX West through the cunning use of Pile Of Guys Per Room.

There's a lot of sleeping on the floor. Not recommended for anyone who's spine has lived hard in any way.

Yea, that was the plan for if I had been able to go last year. But the rest of my friends couldn't make it, so the plan was scrapped. But now half the people I would have gone with have moved much farther away, and so that plan becomes less and less likely for the future.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Yea, that was the plan for if I had been able to go last year. But the rest of my friends couldn't make it, so the plan was scrapped. But now half the people I would have gone with have moved much farther away, and so that plan becomes less and less likely for the future.

Know what that's like. For a couple years I had a small group of friends that did a lot together. Our main thing was paintball but we all played with minis too and did some travelling for that. They're scattered to the wind now and we only see each other once every year or so for a few hours and never as a group. Miss that a lot. 

• Like 4

Ermagerd! I just found out there's a really good haunted house a bit south of where I live. It's in BOO-coda (bucoda wa, lol) and is in a haunted gym! Maybe I can convince Hubby that it's worth $24 and a little drive...

• Like 8