Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

3 hours ago, AutumnHare said:

You know...  I’ve had a nasty case of bronchitis  the past few weeks.  I think I need something to help it along...  @Lord of the Dish Pit, any recommendations?   ::D:

That would be the result of an imbalance of the Phlegmatic Humor. 

Reduce comsumption of the following:

raw foods

juices

smoothies

yogurt

dairy products

cold drinks.

Increase the use of pungent warming spices in foods such as:

Ginger

Garlic

Horseraddish

Pepper of all varieties

Healing foods include:

COFFEE! in vast amounts (black or with small amount of sugar, NO MILK OR CREAM!)

Reeses Cups, no cooler than room temperature and dipped in the Coffee before eating. 

Lean Meats 

Aside from the dietary regimen, you may have to drive the evil spirits out of your lungs. 

Find some Vervain, and set it aflame in a bowl or incense burner. (Jasmine incense will do in a pinch, but may take longer)

Proceed to breath in small amounts of smoke and hold it.(SMALL AMOUNTS! Just enough to disturb and discomfort the spirits)

Repeat as needed, this may take awhile. Drink plenty of Coffee during this. Praising Agamenthar Our Coffee God and beseeching Him to aid in Cleansing your Lungs with his Twichy and Fiery Wrath would also help. 

Before starting the procedure, borrow a housecat from a friend if you don't already have one. As once the spirits escape your lungs, the mauling they receive from the cat will discourage them from returning and word will spread amongst their ilk that you are not an easy target so the condition will be less likely to flare up again.  

(I am now adding "Pez Dispenser of Medicinal Knowings" to my list of titles.)

As to what is going on with Youtube:

From a certain point of view, this might be somewhat considered partially my fault. I was researching pumpkin growing techniques for next year's patch earlier today. Mothman, being unable to fight his way past the Fat Little Birds and the Littlest Hasenpfeffer, decided to attack from a more oblique angle and try and destroy my access to further Knowings. Like many crypids he has a detrimental effect on electrical devices and must have blundered into one of Youtube's main hubs and damaged something critical. 

• Haha 10

I had totally forgotten that Life of Brian ended with a musical number. I now need to add it to my will that when I die, along with the funeral pyre(either in effigy or for real if the law allows) and keg party, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" is to be played and/or sung.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

I had totally forgotten that Life of Brian ended with a musical number. I now need to add it to my will that when I die, along with the funeral pyre(either in effigy or for real if the law allows) and keg party, "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" is to be played and/or sung.

Comedy of Terrors opens with a graveyard scene. Of course, the graveyard is full of spooky fog. I told hubby that we should stipulate having Spooky fog at our funeral. Also, probably someone dressed as the grim reaper lurking in the fog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Apparently violently vomiting can rupture tiny blood vessels in your face. I noticed that after my offering to the porcelain gods last night, I have a bunch of teeny red dots under my eyes. According to interwebs they can be caused by throwing up. 

That or i'm about to die gruesomely.

Edited by redambrosia
Left a word out
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Apparently violently vomiting can rupture tiny blood vessels in your face. I noticed that after my offering to the porcelain gods last night, I have a bunch of teeny red dots under my eyes. According to interwebs they can be caused by throwing up. 

You'll be fine!

The offering was accepted the Porcelain Gods are satisfied..for now..

So ehh...you ate the whole candy box I sent you in one session then?

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Grrr.... The network hard drive was turned off, so iTunes decided I needed all those files it couldn’t find downloaded and stored on my computer’s hard drive. So now it’s out of space and all my music is loused up. 

How is iTunes so consistently terrible?

Looking forward to playing D&D tonight. I'm slowly approaching level 9... Maybe 2 more sessions? 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Unruly said:

One of my favourite songs ever since I saw it over 20 years ago. "Life's a piece of @#$^ when you think of it" just fits what I see so well but you just gotta keep going and try to stay cheerful.

Oldest son when staggering out of bed this morning, "Why's everything so yellow?" My reply, "It's called the sun. It's only been a month since the last time we saw it."

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

How is iTunes so consistently terrible?

I know, right?! It’s like they want to punish people for some sin. Using Windows maybe?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

I know, right?! It’s like they want to punish people for some sin. Using Windows maybe?

Except that the people they punish the most are the true believers in The Apple Way™. I think it's catering to masochism among their faithful.

:B):

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

I thought that I was the one in this family responsible for raising Brigid as a proper nerd!

Megan wants to get her four more bears from Build a Bear - Fighter, Wizard, Rogue, and Cleric.... *Mumble* Wish I'd thought of that.

*EDIT* Brigid already has her two bears holding conversations. ::):

The Auld Grump - BaB might have an untapped market, there.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

As an expert in vomiting during pregnancy (3 times a day for 3 months with child #1) I can assure you that the burst blood vessels are totally a normal side effect of violent vomiting.  I hope you're feeling better soon.  <hugs>

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zink said:

Picked out a mini for the yellow priest. Is he or isn't he the real head of the cult? The guy on the right.

77518_w_1.jpg

Every time I try and go paint somebody needs something. In about 15 attempts today I've managed to shuffle a few minis around and prime this guy. On the plus side I'm getting some exercise going up and down the stairs. I need it after a week of laying around sick.

Ooh, I have to go dig those guys out of my general Bones mini boxes and add them to my cultists. 

I finally decided my cultists will all be various shades of yellow and orange. 

ETA: Bummer - I just realized why those guys weren't in my cultist box - I didn't get the B3 Mythos expansion.  Oh well, next Reaper order or FLGS visit. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I thought that I was the one in this family responsible for raising Brigid as a proper nerd!

Megan wants to get her four more bears from Build a Bear - Fighter, Wizard, Rogue, and Cleric.... *Mumble* Wish I'd thought of that.

*EDIT* Brigid already has her two bears holding conversations. ::):

The Auld Grump - BaB might have an untapped market, there.

The market will remain untapped only until the marketing campaign to take full advantage of this concept ismin place.

GEM

• Like 3