Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I finally had to throw out my pumpkin duo. They started developing mold spots ::(: but let me tell you, the LED candles I got for my pumpkins are fantastic! They're just cheapo target ones, but the candle in the white pumpkin is still good, even after being on for at least 8 hours for 5 nights! The little string of LED lights I got didn't even last a full night! (It's a good thing I have rechargeable batteries, otherwise that would have been hecking expensive). 

Welcome back ::):

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80475-randomness-xiv-the-floor-is-lava/&do=findComment&comment=1767166 ::(:

The LED tea lights that my family uses in Christmas decorations generally last 2-3 weeks of continuous use, we literally don't turn them off, just swap them out when the battery dies and replace the battery to reuse when the new one dies. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Pingo said:

Awww, bum. 

Eldest said the university alert network said there were rumors the creeps who caused a ruckus Halloween night would be back tonight.

A little while ago I heard loud voices outside and saw a couple of groups of people, maybe a dozen all told, walking very slowly past. There were three police SUVs with lights on around the corner and they turned onto our street in a line, cruising very slowly, paralleling the people.

A little while later a regular police car went past the other way, fast, lights flashing.

And just before I posted this I heard sirens.

I would like to stop living in this dystopic alternate reality, please, and go back to my real timeline.

Don't laugh - I spent part of yesterday talking to somebody that actually believed that they came from an alternate reality - that this isn't the real United States....

Scarily, what she was describing as 'real' was worse.... (In her 'reality' we had gotten rid of black people.)

In Megan's Eberron game, when we got back to the airship, we discovered that the Society archaeologists had been attacked while we were gone - some killed, some turned to stone, some missing - and a gauth (lesser beholder) left to guard the ship.

We took the gauth down fast and hard - and expended some magic items that I don't know if we will be able to replace. (Mostly by me - I have the best Use Magic Device. So, wands and scrolls are going in my bag.)

As we closed for the night, a darkness is spreading from the central chamber of the temple complex, with a familiar tentacled blimp thing rising from the open roof. (Complete with miniature, this time.)

*EDIT* Aw, crap! That means the artifact we have isn't the only one. The temple is where the congruity that destroyed the giant civilization on Xen'drik began. The Mournlands wasn't the first....

The Kytons have come to Xen'drik.

Whether they are allied with the beholder cult...? Different realm, different governing moon - I suspect we have a three way mess going on.

We are not leaving the captured/kidnapped archaeologists behind - especially since I think that both the Kytons and the beholder cult are after the artifact that the archaeologists don't have.

We really need to pool our funds and buy our own airship in the near future. The people that know how to run and navigate the ship are among the missing.

And I sure as heckfire am investing in some stone to flesh scrolls, I don't even know if petrifying gaze would work on me, but the odds are really, really high that at least one of our party is going to get stoned, if beholders are among our enemies.

Megan used the Bones not-beholder for the gauth. And since we have two... I am pretty sure we missed one, so the beholder cult knows... at least something.

Only semi connected - I will be spending a lot of our return journey - if we make it - disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling the damaged Warforged Juggernaut. Cataloging what is going to be needed to bring the poor beast back to full function. (I don't think we were supposed to befriend the temple guardians - but I got a natural 20 last week on my Diplomacy roll. Twice.)

In the Regency Space game tonight - the triumphant return of Worm Guy! :lol: (Gotta make sure that both parties get a chance to hate him. ::P: )

15 hours ago, Unruly said:

Or at least if it's going to be a dystopia, can't it be one of the ones with more cannibalism and muscle cars? Throw in some androids, a brain-computer interface, a rogue AI or two, and all sorts of mechanical body modifications and I'm all in.

If Megan paints her face silver, and screams 'Witness me!', I am blaming you!

*EDIT* If not for Trang, Megan, and Julie, I would never have realized that Fury Road is a chick flick.... ::P:

The Auld Grump - and led to my running Gorka Morka.

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. Was in Michael's the other day.

Some would see elongated wooden spools.

I see plain almost-Doric columns for Green and Egyptian scenery:

DSC_0385-scenery-craft-spools-for-columns.jpg.b3d5fa43e987e1b9f1e7c5a9510ba115.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Hmm. Was in Michael's the other day.

Some would see elongated wooden spools.

I see plain almost-Doric columns for Green and Egyptian scenery:

DSC_0385-scenery-craft-spools-for-columns.jpg.b3d5fa43e987e1b9f1e7c5a9510ba115.jpg

Those... will make an excellent addition to our scenery collection.

Thanks!

The Auld Grump - the more we use scenery in our games, the more we like using scenery in our games.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I finally had to throw out my pumpkin duo. They started developing mold spots ::(: but let me tell you, the LED candles I got for my pumpkins are fantastic! They're just cheapo target ones, but the candle in the white pumpkin is still good, even after being on for at least 8 hours for 5 nights! The little string of LED lights I got didn't even last a full night! (It's a good thing I have rechargeable batteries, otherwise that would have been hecking expensive).

The squirrels got to mine. They ate the squirrel, the owl and nibbled on the jar. I should pull the LEDs before the critters get too much further. 

• Like 6

Black forest cake (not a lie, made from scratch) ready and packed in a carrier, birthday gift wrapped.  Theoretically I'm all set for a day of D&D for hubby's birthday, but man this headache just won't die.  Going to try some therapeutic stuff and see if I can salvage my day.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

On 11/2/2018 at 5:53 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Friday...I can almost taste freedom...

Has anybody heard from @knarthex lately?

He hasn't been on the forum for a while now, I was wondering if anybody has spoken to him in real life.

I have sent an email a while ago, but no response.

Sure hope he's alright.

I just texted him the other day. He replied. Says he hasn't picked up a brush in a long time. :down:

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I haven't either; the last time I had any contact with him was maybe a week after Reapercon.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, I'm back. Had a few really busy weeks at work as well as some other life stuff to deal with. Nope, I'm not going into detail, it wasn't good or bad, it just was. Anything interesting happen the past few weeks?

Welcome back!!

My pumpkins didn't even make it a week. We carved them Monday night, and by Friday they were already moldy and attracting fruit flies. ::(:

My grandmother-in-law is out of the hospital, and we were supposed to go visit, but I've been asked not to come, since she doesn't feel presentable. We're gonna go pick up a gift for her this afternoon after our... late lunch? Early dinner? in chinatown. Upside, I get the afternoon to paint/watch Daredevil season 3. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hmm... looks like Minimi is still in business - and I need to get some more cannon for an upcoming pair of pirate games.... (A pound and change per cannon, not bad.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

Just now, Crowley said:

I just texted him the other day. He replied. Says he hasn't picked up a brush in a long time. :down:

Thx, good to know.

I hope he will show up soon.

There are plenty of people who don't paint much, we can still have fun,..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
14 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Thx, good to know.

If painting was a requirement for hanging out here then I'd never be around...  Sometimes life just doesn't leave me the energy to actually get any painting done.  

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

If painting was a requirement for hanging out here then I'd never be around...  Sometimes life just doesn't leave me the energy to actually get any painting done.  

Let's all be glad we can hang out here.

k9BUsgq.jpg.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

Morning all.

I know, it's afternoon, even where I'm situated, but hey, "morning" is a relative thing and in my case the mental fog doesn't lift until the clock is fairly well advanced for most people.  I blame it on a natural inclination to nightowlishness reinforced by too many years of night work.

Been following White Wulfe's 7 day challenge.  Congratulations on crossing the finish line, despite life turning the challenge into an obstacle course.

Wife is starting to ask questions about ReaperCon for next year.  :bday:  Last night she asked about classes and I explained that as soon as available I would be signing us both up for classes. ::D:

I haven't gotten much done on the mini front the last couple of weeks.  Body has been betraying me, with severe to the point of debilitating headaches that take a couple of days to recover from as it just drains my energy like water being soaked up by desert sand.

We have tickets for the Tut Exhibit!  I will be making our actual time and date reservations on Monday.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:
47 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:
49 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Thx, good to know.

I mentioned that to him. We'll see. 

Oh, and I had an interesting phone thing yesterday. My OnePlusOne has been kinda on its way out for a bit now. It's been kinda glitchy, slow, and occasionally just decides to reboot itself. Plus the screen has developed a weird yellow spot. My bride decided about a week ago to order me a OnePlus5. On Thursday it arrived, but we needed to get a sim card for it. My bride, working from home, did that on Friday. Also on Friday at work I dropped my phone, and suddenly I couldn't get cell service. WiFi worked still, but that was it... I think I must have knocked the antenna lose. It was a pain to get it plugged in and to keep it plugged in when I replaced the screen a couple of years ago. So thankfully, when I got home, I had a new phone! Can't beat the timing... 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

For those of you who haven't done this...

I recommend searching for your favorite type of creature in show off.

There are many awesome older threads and posts on this forum.

Real gems are to be found.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

Same. Though, my tiredness is wearing off, so Soon(tm) I may be able to hobby. 

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

My pumpkins didn't even make it a week. We carved them Monday night, and by Friday they were already moldy and attracting fruit flies. ::(:

Mine only made it so long because of the chilly weather we've had. 

There re was a squirrel out there this morning chittering around, but from what I could tell, it didn't nom any of the pumpkins.

• Like 5