Jump to content

Froggy the Great

Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Recommended Posts

My husband discovered Nutella in a piping bag at his work! They should sell it like that everywhere! You could pipe it onto your cookies! It's revolutionary I tell you!!!

  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word to the wise: A screaming barbarian with a flaming axe makes a great distraction. (Jon is pulling the beholder cult in one direction, as I and the other sneaky, sneaky types sneak in from the other.)

 

The Auld Grump - he is also carrying more than half the party's potions, right now.... Healing, elemental resistance, smoke bombs, and a potion of invisibility - so when he thinks that he has drawn them far enough away then he can sneak away in a puff of smoke.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

At lunch today I was a bad boy, and introduced Megan to Foamy the Squirrel cartoons. (Freakin' amazed that she had never encountered it before.)

 

The Auld Grump - she had never watched Homestar Runner, either. :blink:

 

You sir, are an awesome madman.  Don't forget to show the Tech Support and Starbucks parodies to her if you haven't already! 

 

As for the other...  Strongbad emails are awesome.  Especially Techno, the girls one, a aaaaaand dragons. Especially dragons. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

My husband discovered Nutella in a piping bag at his work! They should sell it like that everywhere! You could pipe it onto your cookies! It's revolutionary I tell you!!!

 

On one of our family trips through Canada we passed a Nutella processing plant. Our kids audibly gasped and praised what a brave new world that has such factories in it.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The world didn't end, did it?  <looks around nervously>   I... I actually put paint on a mini.  I was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen until Hades froze over.  

 

I mean, it is very cold here today.  I didn't think it was that cold, though.  

 

:upside:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

 

Would it be a Hemn secretary desk? Mine is about to be surplus, and you could have it if you could get to Baltimore to get it...

 

Is that the big one with a cabinet on one side and two drawers on the other? If so, then it's too big for my space. I'm looking at either the Alex desk or one if the smaller Linnmon/Alex desks. It's always been a back and forth between the two for me, and this time around the Alex/Linnmon looks like it's going to win because of the extra drawers. I can sacrifice about 5 inches of desktop to get 5 drawers instead of 2. I just don't know if the 4 little rubber feet dots or whatever are a secure enough method of keeping the desktop on top of the Alex drawer unit.

 

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

 

The Auld Grump - she had never watched Homestar Runner, either. :blink:

 

Blasphemy! At the very least everyone should know how to draw a dragon using two more different S's and a bunch consummate V's.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

This is an interesting idea. Not sure where is hang one or if management would even let us.

 

There is one on the Big River Site that includes a stand. Excuse the messy board games, we just had people over haha. You can see the bag for the second hammock below - we pack it up for more walking space when we have company. My husband likes his hammock taut, but if you give it more slack and sleep diagonally in it, you actually have more space.

 

IMG_20181109_201829817.thumb.jpg.db6ee6947e924c95d780fd37b6897884.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morihalda said:

 

There is one on the Big River Site that includes a stand. Excuse the messy board games, we just had people over haha. You can see the bag for the second hammock below - we pack it up for more walking space when we have company. My husband likes his hammock taut, but if you give it more slack and sleep diagonally in it, you actually have more space.

 

IMG_20181109_201829817.thumb.jpg.db6ee6947e924c95d780fd37b6897884.jpg

"Messy" board games?

If I ever reach that state of tidiness it's a sure sign that the Second Coming of >insert preferred deity here< is nigh.

GEM

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My husband discovered Nutella in a piping bag at his work! They should sell it like that everywhere! You could pipe it onto your cookies! It's revolutionary I tell you!!!

Now there is a restaurant I want to be at!  Being there when the chef discovers that nutella can be used with a pastry bag!  The possibilities are endless!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unruly said:

 

Is that the big one with a cabinet on one side and two drawers on the other? If so, then it's too big for my space. I'm looking at either the Alex desk or one if the smaller Linnmon/Alex desks. It's always been a back and forth between the two for me, and this time around the Alex/Linnmon looks like it's going to win because of the extra drawers. I can sacrifice about 5 inches of desktop to get 5 drawers instead of 2. I just don't know if the 4 little rubber feet dots or whatever are a secure enough method of keeping the desktop on top of the Alex drawer unit. 

 

A package or two of L-brackets from the hardware store will fix that problem quickly - its how I mounted my countertops to my Alex drawer units. ^_^

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pingo said:

 

It's at least @sumbloke and @Sibling that I know of. You guys okay?

 

Well and truly OK. The fire has been downgraded to Patrol Status. This basically means they are looking for and putting out any hot spots they find. ::D:

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL well I do love my organization!!

 

Whoops, I keep forgetting to give y'all search info. "Vivere Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand, Tropical." The cotton option is cheapest, and if you click through the colors you can find some cheaper options there too.

 

I worked more on Ma'al today, whooo! Bless Talespinner for his open advice for all the things, friends - his little head lamp that he suggested to me has saved me from so many potiental migraines. I can actually see what I'm sculpting now for more than 5 minutes! That's a literal number. Most of my sculpting was done without an optivisor and then throwing it on for a few minutes to try to fix any glaring errors.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

"Messy" board games?

If I ever reach that state of tidiness it's a sure sign that the Second Coming of >insert preferred deity here< is nigh.

GEM

 

Yah if you want messy I should snap a pic of my hobby table. I think I have less the a foot of workable space left. 

 

Hmmmm might be a project for today. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

 

A package or two of L-brackets from the hardware store will fix that problem quickly - its how I mounted my countertops to my Alex drawer units. ^_^

 

Yea, I can do that. But, if it comes down to it, I'd rather not. I hate putting more holes in particle board than I need to, because particle board is already fragile enough on its own compared to solid wood. I think I'll look and see if they sell extras of those rubber feet things. Sticking about 10 more of those things on top of the drawers would probably solve my worries, because then it's 14 points of high-friction contact vs 4. If they don't sell extras and I wanted to be a bit sleazy, I could always say I didn't get the ones that were supposed to come with it originally and get "replacements" that would put it at 8. Which would probably be passable. 4 in the corners about an inch from the edge, with 4 more in the center of the sides about 3-4 inches from the edge.

 

I've decided that I'll definitely be stopping by, though. I looked at where it's at, and it's only like 5 miles down the interstate from the Pittsburgh airport, and it's pretty much directly off its own exit. So there's no reason not to stop if I'm that close already.

 

Breaking in a new pair of boots at work tonight. My feet currently hurt a little bit. I didn't want to have to start wearing them just yet, but last Saturday when I was working the sole of one of my old boots started peeling off when I was standing up from a kneeling position and the tip of the toe dragged on the ground for a second. So that pair bit the dust. I was wearing my regular sneakers for the last couple days, but it was rainy today and rain+near freezing temperatures with shoes that are mostly mesh is not a good mix. So the boots I bought in June got unboxed tonight, and now they're making my feet a bit uncomfortable. 

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My husband discovered Nutella in a piping bag at his work! They should sell it like that everywhere! You could pipe it onto your cookies! It's revolutionary I tell you!!!

.............you're just going to eat it straight from the bag, aren't you? :rock:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×