Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Got my frames! Posted them over in Acquisitions. One of them is the same as the very first one I bought (blue one) and the other is a very nice brown frame. The prints fit perfectly. Now to get off my broccoli and hang them tonight/tomorrow. Also, they were half off so for the two we basically got them for a little more than what one of them cost before the sale! 

ETA: And! The prints came with stickers of the poster. Now to figure out what to do with them.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 8

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

If you are going to use an existing mythology in your games, do your freakin' homework! *Froth, froth, gnash....*

The Auld Grump - hard to believe that White Wolf's crew had previously done the well researched Ars Magica....

I have exactly as much of a problem with that as I do with Marvel's version of Thor.

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Is it just me, or does DHL (the delivery company) kinda suck?

We had a package that was supposed to come in yesterday - and right up until 11 PM the tracking said By End of Day - with the last one saying 'Within the Hour'... and nuthin'. Now the site reads Estimated Delivery: Not Available.

The Auld Grump

Heh. You might want to try a Google search on "DHL Sucks".

:B):

It's not just you. In fact it's pretty much everybody.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Believe it or not, I have never seen those movies. (Can't speak for Megan - but I am guessing that she has.)

I've only seen the first movie. And that was after I read the novella. The novella is much better, and very different. But those movies are apparently what Paizo used as inspiration for their expansion of the Kytons.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:
3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

If you are going to use an existing mythology in your games, do your freakin' homework! *Froth, froth, gnash....*

The Auld Grump - hard to believe that White Wolf's crew had previously done the well researched Ars Magica....

I have exactly as much of a problem with that as I do with Marvel's version of Thor

I mean.... decades of comic book stories kinda beats mythology when it comes to making movies about the comic book character, doesn't it?

Spending the evening watching Supernatural, painting my graveyard set, and cleaning moldlines and clumpy paint off my new Beholder mini. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I have exactly as much of a problem with that as I do with Marvel's version of Thor.

Heh. You might want to try a Google search on "DHL Sucks".

:B):

Heh, Megan would warn you not to get me started on Marvel's Thor... (Starting with his blond hair - Thor was a ginger, going on to his hammer - throwing hammers do not look like stone masons' mauls, and Mjolner in particular had a short handle...)

Not to mention that Loki being half giant wouldn't mean anything - so are most of the Aesir.... Buri was a Jotun, Borr was a Jotun, Bestla was a Jotun... guess what that makes Odin? (And Rind - Odin's son, was also a Jotun....)

And so on, and so on, and so on, and Megan is looking at me, soooo....

*AHEM!* Brigid has let us know her opinion of curried chicken - grabbing it off her mommy's plate, and sucking on it with a look of bliss... :lol:

I wouldn't have thought that young toddlers would like curry - but it was pretty obvious that her interest was in the curry, not the chicken. She sucked just about every bit of the sauce off, before starting on the chicken itself.

The Auld Grump - and, lesson learned - do not allow Brigid in grabbing range at dinner... manners are not yet part of her repertoire....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

*snip*

I really hated the marvel version of mythical gods in comics.  - mostly due to dumb costumes/ Hats worn in comics 

right up until I saw Avengers- then I just kind of relaxed and allowed the superhero to be separate from the legends.  It was an awfully good movie. 

liked thor 3 as well,  They did a great job pulling the mythological elements necessary for Ragenrock.  they jumbled them around but the pieces were  there.  

(except the Midguard serpent, and since its job is to kill thor, I can see why they dropped it. 

At least until Infinity Wars 

Are they saying that the same smith (love the revised dwarf twist) created weapons named Mjolnir and Stormbreaker? 

you have got to be kidding me.  No no no. suspension of disbelief broken.   Sometimes the comic source material is bad.  right Luke "Power Man" Cage?   

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

Randomly nifty site that I found while poking around a dead site on Archive.Org - and while the site I was looking at was dead, this link was still live. ::):

[url=http://www.godecookery.com:80/macabre/macabre.htm]Medieval Macabre[/url]

macabre.gif

I was going to post this in my thread on The Blight, but this is more generally useful, so....

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* Is it just me, or is the forum software getting buggier and buggier?

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

WHAT IS THIS, THE SPANISH INQUISITION???

IMG_20180708_112938.thumb.jpg.54500bb4debb138f4680138a77c8c934.jpg

Crap...

Surprised it doesn’t have parts on the sprue to build a comfy chair...

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Back to the vet with Brutus.

The Inflammation is gone, but he still has few minor wounds on his paw that seem to heal bad.

Since he should go to the doggy hotel friday, I need to see if he can.

If not he will stay with the vixens, youngest will go on vacation as well after a few days we left, that means oldest would have to take care of Brutus.

She can, but there will be one or two days where he needs to stay alone for longer than normal because she needs to work.

If neccesary it will be possible, but I prefer the dog hotel, but he needs to be healthy then.

Making a appointment for today.

• Sad 8

Hubby and I spent the evening pulling home brew feats off the web so we can have our own list. Tomorrow we'll probably go through those and make sure we like them, and maybe make a couple of our own. There was a love interest one which I think we're going to base a family or sibling feat on, because a lot of our characters are family members. :rolleyes: 

After that we'll probably do the same with back grounds. 

• Like 6