Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

23 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

The confusion is because it's a space battleship, and not one of those "enter atmosphere when we feel like it" kinds...

Explosion in hydroponics? Condensation of the O2-H2 propellant after combustion? Marine workouts too long? (You can tell if it's the last by the smell.)

• Haha 9

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Weird-O said:

The confusion is because it's a space battleship, and not one of those "enter atmosphere when we feel like it" kinds...

Was parked too close to an enemy ship when they destroyed it. 

Turns out they were water breathers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I’ve got a problem.

I’ve run out of things that I can do on the pre-vacation to-do list. 

And before anybody suggests painting, know that the painting desk is populated in order to prevent feline intrusions and my nerves are shot. I could try to paint a house wall right now and would miss. 

Guess I’ll go clean something. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

30 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I’ve got a problem.

I’ve run out of things that I can do on the pre-vacation to-do list. 

And before anybody suggests painting, know that the painting desk is populated in order to prevent feline intrusions and my nerves are shot. I could try to paint a house wall right now and would miss. 

Guess I’ll go clean something. 

Go out for fried chicken then? ...then again, I have a really nice joint ten blocks away from home, and they get a decent amount of my pay cheque.... 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Go out for fried chicken then? ...then again, I have a really nice joint ten blocks away from home, and they get a decent amount of my pay cheque.... 

Luckily, the dryer dinged and I could put sheets back on the bed. Then went to the vet to drop off some paperwork but they were closed for a staff meeting. Headed to a cheesesteak place. Was thinking about having one last American meal before going to Asia, but decided Mexican food wouldn’t be nice to my fellow passengers.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

My, that's clever.  I'll have to consider that if I start another WIP before finishing what I'm doing.  (Although the main reasons I have my WIPs linked in my signature is so I can find them...  Maybe that's a sign I should paint and post more often.)

Yeah, that was part of why I had mine in the signature but I have enough, in various stages of working, now that I needed somewhere else to put them.

• Like 5

GOOD: the concept of TV programming on demand, making it possible to binge watch television at a time of my choosing.
BAD: putting five %#$^ minutes of unskippable commercials at the front end of the programming. I could stand commercials placed throughout the show; that's what TV DOES. But being told right up front that "we're going to waste a good four or five minutes of your time before even letting you see the opening credits?

It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder if I really wanted to see that particular show today.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Cousin Claire picked up tees for us at a Rennie Faire...

For Megan -

An image of a purple My Little Pony (I don't know their names) with the slogan

Tantric Practitioner - Friendship is MAGIC!

For me -

A woodcut image of a wizard (pretty sure it's John Dee) with the slogan

Ceremonial Magicians Wave Their Wands Around....

Thanks Claire... pretty sure one of those tees will be worn, but.... :lol:

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

46 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

GOOD: the concept of TV programming on demand, making it possible to binge watch television at a time of my choosing.
BAD: putting five %#$^ minutes of unskippable commercials at the front end of the programming. I could stand commercials placed throughout the show; that's what TV DOES. But being told right up front that "we're going to waste a good four or five minutes of your time before even letting you see the opening credits?

It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder if I really wanted to see that particular show today.

That usually prompts me finding something else to do for five minutes. I'll see your unskippable commercial and raise you one MUTE BUTTON! Hah.

19 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Cousin Claire picked up tees for us at a Rennie Faire...

For Megan -

An image of a purple My Little Pony (I don't know their names) with the slogan

Tantric Practitioner - Friendship is MAGIC!

For me -

A woodcut image of a wizard (pretty sure it's John Dee) with the slogan

Ceremonial Magicians Wave Their Wands Around....

Thanks Claire... pretty sure one of those tees will be worn, but.... :lol:

The Auld Grump

Purple .. ? Either the Great and Powerful Trixie (white mane, ridiculous hat) or Twilight Sparkle (two-tone mane, no hat).

… what? I like purple. >.>

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2