Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Why is it that I can paint crazy little details on minis, but painting my toenails - not my fingernails... the darned toes... is being difficult? Goodness help me when I try to paint the nails on my dominant hand. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my favorite things about my job is meeting new dogs. You can tell they're happy and excited if they beat you with their adorable tails. I love dogs!      So... yeah.... have been

Today I said goodbye to Marmalade. She was a wonderful lump from the moment I met her, my wife always had said that I was the only male that she ever warmed up to right away. Some of you who have been

I'm afraid that I have an update, and it's not a good one. My friend was found this morning and he had taken his own life. The entire gaming community here is in shock right now, he was one of my two

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sumbloke said:

How about the minstrel in the closing credits of Blackadder?

Usually more like Elan in OotS.  I've actually had to deal with the poorly sung 'sneak, sneak,sneak past the ugly ogres' bit before.  Fortunately the gods of chance were with me that day and he rolled a 2  on hide and the ogre in question a 19.  The ogres family eventually had bard paste on toast.  

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Why is it that I can paint crazy little details on minis, but painting my toenails - not my fingernails... the darned toes... is being difficult? Goodness help me when I try to paint the nails on my dominant hand. 

Have you considered using an airbrush?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Have you considered using an airbrush?

Maybe next time!

In other news: color shift nail polish is lovely. Mine goes from a desaturated shimmer purple to shimmer teal. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

And... I failed at some point in the last 10 minutes. At rest, I have some toes that partially overlap. While nail polish dries, I try to flex them out to not mess up the paint. I toeprinted the neighbor toe <_<

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I've been wanting a foot massage lately for some reason. I surely haven't earned it.

Where is @Beagle? He used to regularly offer foot massages. 

I find foot massages... difficult. Even my mother, a trained masseuse, sometimes has trouble rubbing my feet. Too ticklish. Only consistently successful person was a masseur who specialized in feet. I traded calculus lessons for foot rubs - he wanted to learn calculus just for the heck of it. Definitely think I got the better part of that deal. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

And... I failed at some point in the last 10 minutes. At rest, I have some toes that partially overlap. While nail polish dries, I try to flex them out to not mess up the paint. I toeprinted the neighbor toe <_<

Isn't that why people pack cotton wool between the toes?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Marvin said:

Somehow got to looking at anime streaming subscriptions... I like my anime dubbed, so I get the impression Funimation would suit me better than Crunchyroll. Is this about right? Drop the knowledge on me, y'all.

Funimation does dubs for a lot of stuff, but not all. However, they also do what they call simul-dubs, which is having a  dub for an episode basically the day after the show airs in Japan. 

4 hours ago, Zink said:

Rant time. You know how I posted not long ago I don't think much about brain weasels? It's because I have two legged weasels which give me more headaches. I'm a very easy going person but I'm getting right close to my BS limit.

*snip*

2 hours ago, Zink said:

She's had run ins with others before including my father. She got slapped heavily legally by him for what she tried to do but I'm still paying off some of the bills many, many years later. Guess now that's dad's gone she decided to give it a try with the next generation. There's no benefit to her so I don't get why she'd bother. She called and left another message not long ago that she retracted the charges against me. If I hadn't threatened her with trespassing charges she wouldn't have done that. ^%@^.

I do my best to get along with people, even the handful I hate and she was on that list before this. Things happen. You deal with them and I've always paid my debts and damages. All you need to do is show the slightest amount of respect to me. Sadly there's a few people not capable of that and my tolerance is gone. 

For one, next time her stuff is broken and she refuses to fix it, don't do jack for her. Let it get to a disastrous state, and then start threatening her with legal action when her cows come onto your property or whatever. Make sure you've sent a couple certified letters to her explaining that her fence is the problem, and save copies of the letter with the signature card. That way when she continues to refuse to fix things and you do have to go to legal action, you've got proof that you told her about the problems.

For two, I'd save that first message and continue with pressing charges against her for trespassing, regardless of if she says she retracted her complaint about you. You've got her admitting to trespassing. Also, while you're at it, type up a formal notice that she is no longer welcome on your land and that any further trespass will be prosecuted to the fullest extent that the law allows. Send it certified mail, and save a copy of the return signature card with the copy of the letter. Or get someone to come along with you and record you handing her a copy of it while saying "I am formally informing you that you are no longer permitted onto my land for any reason." Better yet, do both. Then, if you ever find out she was on your land again, you've got a lot more grounds to take action against her than just having the "no trespassing" and "private property" signs along the fence.

If she's going to be vindictive and threaten you with legal action because you don't immediately respond to her request for access to your land and resources, after she already trespassed in the first place, then show her how vindictive you can be. An eye for an eye may leave the whole world blind, but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel good to slap someone like her back into their place when they get uppity over a bunch of BS that they manufactured themselves.

In other news, I may be taking up some part time work as a barback. One of my coworkers has a sister who's bar manager at a local golf course/resort and she needs weekend help. $5/hour, which is the tipped minimum wage, but she's said that even a modest night can see me take home an extra $50 in tips. A busy night could see me take home $3-400. Considering that barback get tipped out of the bartender's tips, at the bartender's discretion based on your performance, you gotta be busting your hump a bit on those busy nights, but such is any job sometimes. I'd be at it every other Saturday, and possibly some Sundays. A minimum of $40/night guaranteed, with the possibility of taking home $500 for a single night isn't bad.

Only bad part, as far as I can tell, is that the barbacks also work as pseudo-bouncers. I'd rather not have to get involved in fights, but I also need to get some extra money flowing in this summer...

• Like 9

I'm not sure I want my foot massage from Beagle, for reasons as outlined per Messrs. Winnfield and Vega.

I kinda just don't wanna be touched at all tbh, the more I think about it.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Isn't that why people pack cotton wool between the toes?

I don't know if I have cotton balls anywhere, but yeah. Toe separators are things too. Didn't think to improvise there. Whoops. 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

Funimation does dubs for a lot of stuff, but not all. However, they also do what they call simul-dubs, which is having a  dub for an episode basically the day after the show airs in Japan. 

For one, next time her stuff is broken and she refuses to fix it, don't do jack for her. Let it get to a disastrous state, and then start threatening her with legal action when her cows come onto your property or whatever. Make sure you've sent a couple certified letters to her explaining that her fence is the problem, and save copies of the letter with the signature card. That way when she continues to refuse to fix things and you do have to go to legal action, you've got proof that you told her about the problems.

For two, I'd save that first message and continue with pressing charges against her for trespassing, regardless of if she says she retracted her complaint about you. You've got her admitting to trespassing. Also, while you're at it, type up a formal notice that she is no longer welcome on your land and that any further trespass will be prosecuted to the fullest extent that the law allows. Send it certified mail, and save a copy of the return signature card with the copy of the letter. Or get someone to come along with you and record you handing her a copy of it while saying "I am formally informing you that you are no longer permitted onto my land for any reason." Better yet, do both. Then, if you ever find out she was on your land again, you've got a lot more grounds to take action against her than just having the "no trespassing" and "private property" signs along the fence.

If she's going to be vindictive and threaten you with legal action because you don't immediately respond to her request for access to your land and resources, after she already trespassed in the first place, then show her how vindictive you can be. An eye for an eye may leave the whole world blind, but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel good to slap someone like her back into their place when they get uppity over a bunch of BS that they manufactured themselves.

In other news, I may be taking up some part time work as a barback. One of my coworkers has a sister who's bar manager at a local golf course/resort and she needs weekend help. $5/hour, which is the tipped minimum wage, but she's said that even a modest night can see me take home an extra $50 in tips. A busy night could see me take home $3-400. Considering that barback get tipped out of the bartender's tips, at the bartender's discretion based on your performance, you gotta be busting your hump a bit on those busy nights, but such is any job sometimes. I'd be at it every other Saturday, and possibly some Sundays. A minimum of $40/night guaranteed, with the possibility of taking home $500 for a single night isn't bad.

Only bad part, as far as I can tell, is that the barbacks also work as pseudo-bouncers. I'd rather not have to get involved in fights, but I also need to get some extra money flowing in this summer...

"For Two"......

IMHO that is just pouring kerosene on an already smoldering fire.  A less "inflammatory" way to proceed with legal action is to seek a restraining order against her, baring her from any and all of the farm properties of the party seeking the order as well as requiring her to maintain a specified minimum distance at all times.  Such an order may be sought on a temporary basis and then made permanent at a later time.

On the barback job.

If it's a well run club there shouldn't be a need for bouncers.  "Rough Stuff" is generally frowned upon at any Country Club that I've had experience with, and my experience includes a stint as an Asst. Manager at a Golf Resort/Private Club with heavy outside banquet and tournament catering in addition to the regular club affairs.

GEM

• Like 6