Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I could go for some rain...  Early July wasn't too bad, but I've got a feeling that there might not be any more rain here until September.  

We just had some serious rain here, and it was glorious! Next week there's a near constant 50% chance of thunderstorms. Hoping for some good ones.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Maybe today is the one day per year where I am legally obligated to be good on account of the agreement reached with Her Majesty's Court. 

Gloriana? Morgan le Fay? Titania? Maria Theresa?

I'm afraid we need more information.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Gloriana? Morgan le Fay? Titania? Maria Theresa?

I'm afraid we need more information.

I prefer to keep it vague so people don't figure out which kingdoms, principalities, duchies, realms, states, unions, confederacies, enclaves, and wal-marts I'm actually banned from.  I like to deal with it on a case-by-case, mostly by the guidestick that if they don't stop me at the door I got about 5 minutes before they catch on.  That's easily enough time to purchase a can of beans or novelty inflatable pool dolphin or porpoise.  Or both, which definitely qualifies as A Good Day(tm).

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

It is possible that I may need to revise my plans for the game at the camp out.

E-mails from every single one of the kids - 'Can we play pirates? Pirates? We'll bring our costumes! Pirates!'

So. the kids are going to find a derelict ship, and on the ship will be a richly appointed coffin.... ::P:

If you read about an invasion of short pirates around Sebago Lake, Maine.... :lol:

Music video to rearrange my head space -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05HbfkoFQI

The Terrain Crate and Bones furniture was a big hit at the kids game - but Sam displayed wisdom far, far beyond her years - 'I would love to have some, but I know half of it would turn up missing in a couple of weeks'.

She does have the Bones III.

Incidentally - having the furniture on the table really focuses where the kids start searching - desks, cupboards, etc. rather than a general 10'x10' area.

The Auld Grump - Megan is out - she cashed in her 'Grump Watches Brigid' gift certificate from our anniversary. ::):She has been taking Brigid out to concerts in the parks, and is looking a lot more tanned than I am at the moment.

• Like 11

So I was just outside enjoying my new porch and I felt little sprinkles of water droplets.  As it is a sunshiney day with few clouds overhead, I thought this was quite strange.  

Turns out it wasn't water droplets at all, but freshly-minted baby spiders carried on the breeze.

It never rains, but it crawls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

12 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Today I get to learn if my greenstuff skills are up to making little shield straps.

It turns out they are not.

My little dudes will just have to be happy holding on to their shields with thick, lumpy greenstuff noodles.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yay!!

Good luck!

I'm still tired I foresee a nap during liunchtime.

10 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Wait a minute there my furry friend.  You don’t want to be attempting to deploy that kind of technology untested. Tell you what, purely as a favor to you, I’ll run a test nap scenario for you. Matter of fact it might be best if I run a whole series this week and get back to you with the results. 

@Glitterwolf can be the control group. 

That's quite a generous offer, but you're too late. Damn the consequences, full speed ahead, let the devil take the hindmost!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

So I was just outside enjoying my new porch and I felt little sprinkles of water droplets.  As it is a sunshiney day with few clouds overhead, I thought this was quite strange.  

Turns out it wasn't water droplets at all, but freshly-minted baby spiders carried on the breeze.

So, snacks?

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

My little dudes will just have to be happy holding on to their shields with thick, lumpy greenstuff noodles.

A thought for the future, I wonder if it is possible to cut such straps from craft felt (such as that used in kindergardens) and then use enough cyanoacrylate glue to hold down a bucking hippopotomas to essentially turn it into fiberglass (minus the glass I suppose).

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Be glad you did not raise your face to the sky to catch said "droplets" on your tongue. :zombie:

• Haha 14

10 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

My experience as a model railroader suggests that you investigate the properties of various weights of cardstock for such projects in the future.

Everything from heavyweight paper stock to file card stock and even thicker material such as heavyweight file folders can be used to represent thin cross section materials.  Cut it into appropriate widths with a straight edge and a sharp craft knife blade.  If it is desireable to have it conform to complex curves the material can be dampened [don't over do it] with a damp sponge and then positioned with tweezers and a stiff brush to poke the material into any crevices.  After the moisture drys the material can be glued down with anything from dilute white glue to cyanoacrylate.

GEM

• Like 10

I get to have some quality time with Brigid Danger - but she is spending most of it fast asleep, with a smile on her lips. <_<

We were among the way, way, way too many people that took advantage of the Build A Bear sale - and I don't think Brigid has let go of her bear since. (We went with a classic bear. For hugging, not display.)

The Auld Grump

39 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

A technique that you can try - roll out a bit that is wider than what you want, let it start to harden, but is still pliable - then cut it with a sharp blade.

Even better, for straight straps, is a single edged razor blade - straight down.

Then secure it in place with super glue - the super glue speeds up the curing of the green stuff.

The Auld Grump - do not try this with Miliput.

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I am picturing a few dozen teeny tiny baby spiders, all yelling 'Daddy!'.... ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

Weird fact - I am looking on the Amazon Kindle for a book by Jodi Ambrose - who mostly writes books about sex and intimacy - hoping that she has done a sequel to her cookbook. (Not a euphemism - the book Darn Good Eats has seen a fair amount of use by both of us - the writer's husband loves to cook, she doesn't - and they both have recipes. I highly recommend it. Not a sexy cookbook, just, well, darn good eats. ::):)

The Auld Grump - I would never have bought it - but we got it for free from Amazon, and now I would happily buy a sequel.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I prefer to keep it vague so people don't figure out which kingdoms, principalities, duchies, realms, states, unions, confederacies, enclaves, and wal-marts I'm actually banned from.  I like to deal with it on a case-by-case, mostly by the guidestick that if they don't stop me at the door I got about 5 minutes before they catch on.  That's easily enough time to purchase a can of beans or novelty inflatable pool dolphin or porpoise.  Or both, which definitely qualifies as A Good Day(tm).

Freddie Mercury perhaps?

• Like 6