Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

Ugh. Supposed to have a game session tonight, but had to cancel since it seems my neck decided to act up and is causing my left hand to feel like its going numb. :zombie:

Can't wait to get home and be able to take some muscle relaxers. Only an hour to go.  

• Sad 10

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Advantage: Megan!

The Fire fits in my purse. Grump's computers are sitting at home where he can't reach it!

And I can plug it into an adapter in the car to charge while I wait for Grump to finish his last minute shopping for food for the camp out.

I have him buying beer, because he would NEVER have thought of it on his own. Not joking. At all. We would have been out in the woods with NO BEER! :wacko::blink::zombie:

No beer is fine. No mead would count for crisis... >.>

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Kheprera said:

Am now chilling in the hotel in Dallas.

It's 112°F. Or 110°, depending what app you believe.

It's hot. I'm melting.

Send ice.

Whatcha doing in Dallas besides a pilgrimage to Reaper?  If I'm not beimg too personal that is.  If so, just tell me to buzz off.

Just now, Crowley said:

Really depends on the beer...

I'm startimg to develop a taste for Dragons Milk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I have him buying beer, because he would NEVER have thought of it on his own. Not joking. At all. We would have been out in the woods with NO BEER! :wacko::blink::zombie:

Having never camped with beer I have no idea what I'm "missing" other than how one would keep said beer cold enough to drink.  Summer camping sounds more like a sake kind of thing because of obvious reasons... 

Or no alcohol, I never did get the whole camping and getting drunk thing - I prefer my shenanigans to be remembered and to make everyone's eyes go wide when they realize I wasn't drinking... 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kheprera said:

Am now chilling in the hotel in Dallas.

It's 112°F. Or 110°, depending what app you believe.

It's hot. I'm melting.

Send ice.

1.  Find hotel provided plastic bucket.

2.  Install the provided plastic liner

3.  Exit room into hallway and make way to elevators.

4.  Look around for alcove with vending machines and ice maker.

5.  Place ice bucket under spout.

6.  Operate machine to fill bucket

7.  Return to cool sanctuary of room.

8.  Prepare the appropriate iced beverage.

GEM

Or you can call Room Service for "beverage service with ice".

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

1.  Find hotel provided plastic bucket.

2.  Install the provided plastic liner

3.  Exit room into hallway and make way to elevators.

4.  Look around for alcove with vending machines and ice maker.

5.  Place ice bucket under spout.

6.  Operate machine to fill bucket

7.  Return to cool sanctuary of room.

8.  Prepare the appropriate iced beverage.

GEM

Or you can call Room Service for "beverage service with ice".

Optionally you could make multiple trips and fill the  tub with ice before reenacting Charlize Theron’s post fight soak from Atomic Blond

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Ever had one of those days where you finish a bowl of soup by slurping it down, then something gets caught in your throat and triggers a huge coughing reflex, while you still have a mouthful of soup, and try to spit it back in the bowl... and fail, and spray it all over your screen and keyboard, and try to clean it off, and leave greasy streaks because you add olive oil to your soup, and chunks are stuck between the keyboard keys?

No reason. Just thought I'd ask. :zombie:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Supposed to be watching Smashing Pumpkins right now, but muh back is injured. Having trouble finding relief. So gave my ticket away.

Kinda bummed, but not too disappointed about missing going out to hang out with a bunch of drunks and spend 4 hours on the road in the bad weather that's blowing through tonight.

They say we could get tornados and "apple-sized" hail, which I assume us some sort of inarticulate hillbilly code for sometjing between baseball- and softball-sized.

• Sad 9

8 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Ever had one of those days where you finish a bowl of soup by slurping it down, then something gets caught in your throat and triggers a huge coughing reflex, while you still have a mouthful of soup, and try to spit it back in the bowl... and fail, and spray it all over your screen and keyboard, and try to clean it off, and leave greasy streaks because you add olive oil to your soup, and chunks are stuck between the keyboard keys?

No reason. Just thought I'd ask. :zombie:

No, but I have had to clean the carpet in my office from turning my head in similar circumstances when I missed the [small] trash can.

GEM

And it gets worse when you also have to sneeze at the same time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6