Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Whatcha doing in Dallas besides a pilgrimage to Reaper?  If I'm not beimg too personal that is.  If so, just tell me to buzz off.

Taking the kids to the World Aquarium and just getting away for a few day.

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

1.  Find hotel provided plastic bucket.

2.  Install the provided plastic liner

3.  Exit room into hallway and make way to elevators.

4.  Look around for alcove with vending machines and ice maker.

5.  Place ice bucket under spout.

6.  Operate machine to fill bucket

7.  Return to cool sanctuary of room.

8.  Prepare the appropriate iced beverage.

GEM

Or you can call Room Service for "beverage service with ice".

Too much work and no room service.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... if the Great God [redacted], still not entirely painted, manages a TPK tomorrow night I have a plan. And not just "and the world belongs to the snakes now". Which is good since his base saves are greater than the DCs of the PC's spells.

Almost done (sort of). Just have to bring myself to pick up the brush. Instead of goofing off here. Yep. Totally gonna do it...

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Ever had one of those days where you finish a bowl of soup by slurping it down, then something gets caught in your throat and triggers a huge coughing reflex, while you still have a mouthful of soup, and try to spit it back in the bowl... and fail, and spray it all over your screen and keyboard, and try to clean it off, and leave greasy streaks because you add olive oil to your soup, and chunks are stuck between the keyboard keys?

No reason. Just thought I'd ask. :zombie:

No. 

I cant say that anything like that ever happened.

I do have mugs that hold a full can of soup. Been known to drink soup. 

But all that olive oil, keyboard, screen, sneeze business. 

Nope. Nope. Nope. 

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

Been buying lots of vending machine toys. Today’s score was a red panda using a urinal. Very happy. 

Probably weird to celebrate, but I am. Also got a miniature sniper hiding in a peanut shell. 

Pix ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, TGP said:

Pix ?

Certainly! I plan to put them into the Acquisition thread. When I have a chance. They like to pack my schedule full with barely enough time to sleep. Seriously, showered after 1am last night and had to get up at 7.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Certainly! I plan to put them into the Acquisition thread. When I have a chance. They like to pack my schedule full with barely enough time to sleep. Seriously, showered after 1am last night and had to get up at 7.

Wow sounds like my trips to Brazil.  Up at 6 am, work til 9pm, dinner with group till midnight. Any socializing comes after that.  Get up at 6 am and do it all over again

• Like 5

21 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Especially since now I appear in a fart of smoke.  Which is just like a puff of smoke, only I couldn't figure out how to do that. 

That's easy! You just eat a bunch of beans, bend over, put a lit lighter behind your backside, and...

Oh, wait, you were talking about the PUFF of smoke...

14 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

1628886184_BeerforBreakfast.thumb.jpg.d6f0a9b6daa2cf0803d3e0b6d872e04f.jpg

Hate to burst your bubble, but most of that beer was what's known as "small beer." Small beers are beers brewed with a wort made of previously used grains. So they're second boilings, to extract every last bit of sugar from them. Which tended to make the beers bland and very low alcohol. Like between 0.5-2% alcohol. They would also frequently be entirely unfiltered, so you'd end up with bits of the grain left in the beer, and stuff like bread was tossed in to add flavor. Basically, it was just an excuse to boil water, which made it much healthier than just plain water.

It most definitely wasn't the beer we know and love today.

12 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I have him buying beer, because he would NEVER have thought of it on his own. Not joking. At all. We would have been out in the woods with NO BEER! :wacko::blink::zombie:

But then what would be the point of being in the woods? You sit around a campfire sober? INCONCEIVABLE! 

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Having never camped with beer I have no idea what I'm "missing" other than how one would keep said beer cold enough to drink.  Summer camping sounds more like a sake kind of thing because of obvious reasons... 

It's easy. You bring a specific beer cooler. Or you keep the beer in the river. Most beer doesn't need to be kept near-freezing, which is how most refrigerators are, and is perfectly palatable at warmer temperatures. Pilsner isn't really one of those beers, and the "big" American beers are pretty much all pilsners, so you know, it sucks warm. But a proper ale can be drank warmer and be just as, or sometimes even more, tasty.

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Unruly said:
12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Having never camped with beer I have no idea what I'm "missing" other than how one would keep said beer cold enough to drink.  Summer camping sounds more like a sake kind of thing because of obvious reasons... 

It's easy. You bring a specific beer cooler. Or you keep the beer in the river. Most beer doesn't need to be kept near-freezing, which is how most refrigerators are, and is perfectly palatable at warmer temperatures. Pilsner isn't really one of those beers, and the "big" American beers are pretty much all pilsners, so you know, it sucks warm. But a proper ale can be drank warmer and be just as, or sometimes even more, tasty.

Exactly! Heck, even a hole in the ground can keep it cool-ish. At least keep it from getting hot in the afternoon sun!

Currently trying to get myself motivated to make breakfast and get everyone on the road to go visit my sister. Mostly I just want to sit on the couch and paint, maybe go to the movies and see Ant-Man and Wasp. Neither of these things is going to happen this weekend, sadly. At least I've got D&D tomorrow morning. 

• Like 6

runs into the thread tentacles flailing and breaks the glass over the big red 'Party!' button before hitting said button

This is not a drill people!  @Glitterwolf has been sighted on the forum. 

grabs a modified tshirt cannon and starts rapidly decorating the thread by way of firing masses of streamers, confetti, and glitter in every direction.  one badly aimed shot completely covers Crowley

Hop to it people!  He's upthread and moving fast!  I need some of you to handle the cake and balloons while I finish decorating!  And could someone dig Crowley out of that pile of decorations?  This is no time to be playing around Haminister!

• Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1