Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

13 hours ago, Keianna said:

So, just had a conversation with my boss 1 hour before I leave on vacation for 5 days.

Boss: I just got volunteered for a competition that I don't have time for, so I volunteered you ::D:

Me: Um, OK, sure. I've been interested in this one for the last couple of years.

Boss: Cool, the organizational meeting is tomorrow, while you're out of town and the competition is next Thursday. Thanks, bye!

Me: :blink: Oh dear...

Uff... How's that gonna work?

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yaaay, on the way home lost my grip on my phone and it fell.  Okay, not a problem, I have a decent case, and a screen protector right?  Piece of gravel wedged into that 1mm gap between the two.  Yup, broken screen, first one I've ever broken.  There went my large Reaper order I'd been planning >.<  Sure, I managed to get some, but that $210 hit to get a replacement phone means only a handful of paints instead of filling out what I have and getting ALL the Bones and HD paints.

Also not happy about that tiny gap between screen protector and case!!!!

....So not buying this brand again, because yeah, they're fragile as all sin.  Nice camera, terrible glass on the phone (it isn't even Gorilla Glass, for some reason...)

Totally what I wanted to do with spare cash today >.<

I replaced my own screen on my One+ 1... I guess about 18 months ago now? Maybe longer... wasn't too hard. I watched a lot of youtube videos to get it right, and it took 3 tries (the antenna kept disconnecting during reassembly). 

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yeah, it made me feel a little old, too.

Is the 'like' system being weird for anyone else right now?

Seems to be working okay for me. 

In less fun news, Lucy, my older corgi, isn't feeling well, so I'm taking her to the vets as soon as they open. *sigh*

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Crowley said:

In less fun news, Lucy, my older corgi, isn't feeling well, so I'm taking her to the vets as soon as they open. *sigh*

Liked for the rest, sympathies for Lucy.  Hope she feels better soon.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Doncha hate those mornings where you look at everything creative you did in last night's burst of productivity and second-guess it all?

...yes....

42 minutes ago, Keianna said:

Not sure yet. I guess I will be doing all of the planning remotely. 

You can do it!!

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Ermahgerd, I want these!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.6344bed3f07ddc2fbc4ab463318f3d10.png

Me too, but the cost, plus shipping... :down: 

Vet appointment at 11:30. Guess I'm taking the whole day off... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Good Morning all! 

So I finally got mine and my neighbors yard cut last night. Did a baseball field style for the first time. It was a lot hard than I thought it was going to be. Looks nice though. 

Started playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 this last Sat. got to say, the campaign is great. Multiplayer is pretty good. Also been playing PUBG but not doing great at it. The xbox One version is... "clunky" to say the least.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yeah, it made me feel a little old, too.

Is the 'like' system being weird for anyone else right now?

No problems here!

facebook_like_bomber_by_wormchow-d8a8pgc.thumb.png.ad9299973b17221d021d4b655a08c374.png

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Uff... How's that gonna work?

I replaced my own screen on my One+ 1... I guess about 18 months ago now? Maybe longer... wasn't too hard. I watched a lot of youtube videos to get it right, and it took 3 tries (the antenna kept disconnecting during reassembly). 

Seems to be working okay for me. 

Good luck, hope she feels well soon!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just got an e-mail from Jamie and Andrew... guess what they want for Sam for Christmas?

They want a new start though - Sam seems to think that 10th level is as far as she wants to take her Pathfinder game.

I... currently have no idea.... My plan with the older adventures was to start having the armies of Lawful Evil start their march.

Starting over.... Maybe something vaguely Celtic - with undead and fey working together. (On both the evil and good sides... maybe a big fight that the PCs run into where the army of skellies are the good guys, defending the town, not attacking it...)

Maybe have what looks like a war between Good and Evil actually be just a chess game between Courts... or even just between the King and the Queen.

Sam's very first character in my game was a fairy princess, I think I can work with this. ::):

Her parents really like giving me plenty of lead time, don't they?

So, bouncing this tune off of Sam, and seeing if it clicks - Song of Fey Cross. (Tried keeping my work secret last time - it didn't work. Good deductive and inductive skills on that one.)

The Auld Grump - she never got to meet The King under the Wood, but I think she already knows about that character....

• Like 11

Back from the vets. Lucy's hotspot has an accompanying skin infection, on top of her allergies flaring up. I have 5 different medications for her now... and I'm $140 and one day of work poorer.

Yay...

At least now I can spend the rest of the day working on my Cost Accounting class... 

Yay some more... 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

24 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

… Computers are weird.

I say this because, on getting up this morning and doing the things I usually do, I discovered that, for reasons I cannot fathom, Discord is not accepting lowercase Ps. I.. I don't know what's going on. >.<

Mobile version is. Can't check desktop until later.

• Like 5