Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

On 8/31/2018 at 2:41 PM, Gadgetman! said:

I hope Reaper hurries with posting the leftover swag bags, because today I hiked 2 hours up a mountain, then 1h40min back down. My feet and back are sore, and right now an inflatable bathtub sounds like a really, really good investment...   

I can only afford the bag or the tub, but not both, so...    

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82342-reapercon-sophie/&do=findComment&comment=1748530

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

So I'm going to make this Halloween advent calendar and I've run out of ideas for decorations for each days pocket. I'm not sure how I plan on making the designs (currently leaning towards iron on printer paper so I just have to cut them out and iron then on) but I need 18 more ideas. I'm trying to keep it painting and fantasy/D&D themed. On the list currently is:

• Polyhedral dice x6
  • Paint brush
  • Palette
  • Skulls
  • Swords
  • Ghost
  • Axes
  • Mimic

I'd like more painting things but I'm stuck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pumpkin

Goblin 

Death

Skelly

Bat swarm

Zombie

Paint (GW bottles, trying to keep those paints alive scares the bejeeses out of me)

Hobby knife

Pliers

Superglue (have a tube burst when you're holding it and you can be scared too!)

That's 10 new ones for you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sumbloke said:

So as part of my renovations, SWMBO and I had picked up some new lights. Yesterday the electrician was over installing them. And found that one of them was missing parts needed to install them the way I wanted them.

It turned out that because I'd had to buy the display model, they only gave me the parts to install it the way they had it displayed. And they were unwilling to give me any sort of discount for either the fact that it was a display item or that it was incomplete (it was on sale).

I've sent an angry email to their complaints department through their website. The only reason I haven't returned the whole lot is that the electrician installed all the rest of them before finding that there were parts missing.

The email did have results. They're now willing to supply the missing parts at their own cost.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

So I'm going to make this Halloween advent calendar and I've run out of ideas for decorations for each days pocket. I'm not sure how I plan on making the designs (currently leaning towards iron on printer paper so I just have to cut them out and iron then on) but I need 18 more ideas. I'm trying to keep it painting and fantasy/D&D themed. On the list currently is:

• Polyhedral dice x6
  • Paint brush
  • Palette
  • Skulls
  • Swords
  • Ghost
  • Axes
  • Mimic

I'd like more painting things but I'm stuck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Graveyard dirt flock

A spooky tree

Ravens

Green stuff world's Spider serum

Autumn flock

Dead leaf flock

Tombstones

A cauldron

Werewolf

Coffin

Vampire

Swamp monster

Lantern(s)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zink said:

Today's the first day of school for our kids. They used to always have a couple days in August but a few years ago it was changed to after Labour Day. I'm ok with that but then they also did every other Friday (theoretically) is no school and the hours are weird. School starts at 8:55 am, they only get 2 5 minute breaks throughout the day and lunch hour is now 45 minutes. The school day ends at 3.25 pm. When I was in school we got 10 minute recesses and an hour for lunch but not so many Fridays off.

I used to have 20/30 minutes for recess (in the morning) and an hour for lunch. School started at 8:30 and ended at 3:00.

• Like 7

I got some base coats on my Bones mini this evening. I may have already painted myself into a corner on it. That's Ok though, it is mainly an experimental mini.

I think Nightmare Black may be my new favorite color.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Flit said:

I got some base coats on my Bones mini this evening. I may have already painted myself into a corner on it. That's Ok though, it is mainly an experimental mini.

I think Nightmare Black may be my new favorite color.

I love Nightmare Black.  It served be well during the spped paint at RCon.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I agree,  real bones (as opposed to the commercial plastic kind...)  are either very matte and have a almost powdery surface or are very shiny and glossy from handling.  Since your eye isn't comfortable with the second type except as handles (pool cues, knife handles, etc) it seems.fake.  using dullcote will enhance the believability a lot for minimal work.  The alternative, if you have the time, was also mentioned: prime and paint.  Not recommended unless you have am airbrush though...

***Shrugs shoulders, quietly pushes trash behind a potted plant***

don t look at me! I was at Reapercon or being tortured by airline attendants.  

We need a new name for the minions that have replaced "airline attendants".

Airline attendants are friendly helpful people who are trained to make the flying experience as pleasant as possible by providing a certain level of service and attention.  They have special training and skills in order to aleviate the stress, to the greatest degree possible, for those people having a difficult time with flying.

Most of them have been replaced by "people" [I use the term only because they appear in human form] who seem to have a job history that features some sort of cattle herding as a key element.  This has carried over to their current job as they seem to treat most of the passengers like cattle, to be herded, and if the passenger is having a difficult time, that's just too bad.

Many of the gate attendants and agents seem to be the people who worked the chute leading to the stun line at the Abatoir.

Maybe we should call them "Cabin Wranglers".

GEM

Still on the road to home

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Keianna said:

Graveyard dirt flock

A spooky tree

Ravens

Green stuff world's Spider serum

Autumn flock

Dead leaf flock

Tombstones

A cauldron

Werewolf

Coffin

Vampire

Swamp monster

Lantern(s)

What's the name of the Reaper Bones figure that was used as a mascot for one [or more] of the Kickstarters?

That would be an appropriate addition to the list.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1