Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

4 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:
1 hour ago, Cyradis said:
1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm pretty sure one dentist I used to go to learned his dentistry from the KGB...

Try again tomorrow! 

I really don’t think the KGB dentist is going to be any more pleasant on the second attempt...

KGB Dentist doesn't ask you to think, only to open your mouth. Don't say "AH" either, just open, and silent. Be grateful that Mother Russia is providing you this needed service. Do you know what those capitalist dogs in the west make their people do? 

*spits on floor*

Go to school for years just to clean teeth! Can you imagine? 

• Haha 10

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So I mowed my yard right before I left for ReaperCon.  It rained while I was gone, and has been pretty much raining since we got back.  By the time it dries out and I can mow again, I'm going to be fighting a flipping jungle. :down:

Tell me again, why did we buy a house with a half acre of lawn? 

Cash Crop from Hay?

GEM

13 hours ago, Kheprera said:

Salad. Dandelions are edible.

Yes indeed.

And tortoises love them, to the point where any patch of dandelion infested grass will be dandelion free in about 4 years from the constant attention of a single tortoise.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Huh.  Surprisingly not all that affected by the sale of that audio gear in order to make room for an even bigger painting area for myself.  Well, OK, they weren't being used too, but still. 

We'll also gain a dedicated gaming area so it seems, so yay! 

... And hubby said yes to the 7 day challenge idea.  Uh oh. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keianna said:

I made my the bathroom mirror in the ReaperCon hotel play Hidevolk at me. :B):

Mine played Enya, which, with the little bit of extra reverb from all the hard surfaces sounded fantastic.

And read Terry Pratchett to me.

GEM

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

6 pages. Y'all went through 6 pages today. Do y'all remember when my brain used to be able to keep up daily? :lol:

Today is not a "normal" day on the forums, it's Swag Bag Day!, which only happens once a year.

GEM

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

For some bizarre reason, pumpkins make me really happy. Not eating them, just their presence in my life. I have no idea why. 

Probably why I got the Pumpkin house instead of the witch's tower.

Eating mellowcreme pumpkins makes me really happy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Aren't dandelions an invasive species? In the sense of - not native to North America. 

The story I've heard is that they were brought over by puritans because they were such a useful plant. They're very hardy and the women liked them for salads while the men liked them for the wine. I know hutterites around here make wine for trade but I've never tried it.

19 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Cash Crop from Hay?

GEM

Yes indeed.

And tortoises love them, to the point where any patch of dandelion infested grass will be dandelion free in about 4 years from the constant attention of a single tortoise.

GEM

If you can get the hay here it's worth a lot this year. Not sure if your yard will have the necessary yields to make it worth while.

What a week. I almost feel like asking somebody to just put me out of my misery. Yesterday I got notified that my organic certification is being revoked because I seeded hay on my land that had an unallowable chemical on it. This loses me about a third of my income for the year. The only solution is to cultivate under the contaminated fields. Oddly enough this option also loses me about a third of my income but I need do a bunch of work on top of it. First time in years I thought I was going to make decent money on my crops. Then my brother who hasn't spoken to me for 5 years suddenly sends me an email. He's wants me to give him back 20 cows that he gave to my dad 20 years ago. Still haven't decided how to reply to that one. Cows rarely make 20 years and his cows were gone a long time ago while my dad was still farming with me. And the one that bugs my wife the most, we had a killing frost last night and it wiped out most of the garden. Tired... 

• Sad 18

15 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Eating mellowcreme pumpkins makes me really happy.

Me too! :bday: I'll bring some to ReaperCon next year and we can be candy pumpkin buddies! None of the generic kind either, Brachs is the good stuff. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Zink said:

The story I've heard is that they were brought over by puritans because they were such a useful plant. They're very hardy and the women liked them for salads while the men liked them for the wine. I know hutterites around here make wine for trade but I've never tried it.

If you can get the hay here it's worth a lot this year. Not sure if your yard will have the necessary yields to make it worth while.

What a week. I almost feel like asking somebody to just put me out of my misery. Yesterday I got notified that my organic certification is being revoked because I seeded hay on my land that had an unallowable chemical on it. This loses me about a third of my income for the year. The only solution is to cultivate under the contaminated fields. Oddly enough this option also loses me about a third of my income but I need do a bunch of work on top of it. First time in years I thought I was going to make decent money on my crops. Then my brother who hasn't spoken to me for 5 years suddenly sends me an email. He's wants me to give him back 20 cows that he gave to my dad 20 years ago. Still haven't decided how to reply to that one. Cows rarely make 20 years and his cows were gone a long time ago while my dad was still farming with me. And the one that bugs my wife the most, we had a killing frost last night and it wiped out most of the garden. Tired... 

Tell your elfhat brother to go talk to the person he actually gave the cows to [your father, as the senior owner of the farm], preferably, in person.

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time in the farming business.  Isn't that the life story of most farmers, most years?

GEM

• Like 7