Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Oh. And I got distracted and decided I wanted to make a Morihalda sticker/logo. :lol:

I think I'll end up with a clean version of this:

image.png.4ee2c63a63a676481c0c454680498b3e.png

Though if y'all are interested in what other things I was messing with, they're in the spoiler box. :)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.d04de1971a88979d4e6dd9cee9df8f44.png

I like #2.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Erifnogard said:

Are you often accosted by soggy skaven?

So far, 1/3 of my trips to Yuma have been sullied by sweat soaked skaven.

Might have just been coworkers with the brilliant idea to go golfing in 110F+ afternoon heat, but the desert holds many wonders.

Like wondering what time I need to be at the hanger, and wondering what breakfast would be nice in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have managed to get my pictures out of the camera and onto my desktop.

Things are roughly sorted into categories.

I will start posting as I get them sorted out into what is publishable and what is too blurry, or dark, or too bright, or just really bad.

A lot of what I took of the art competition isn't very good.  Too much of it I was too close to the figures for them to be in proper focus, so I will have to do some heavy culling.

GEM

Who will be packing the big camera next year.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

The insight into your brothers mentality is summed up by the fact that he is involved in farming as a banker.

As to him being a co-executor of your fathers will and not performing the duties of that office, you should petition the appropriate magistrate to have him removed on the grounds of malfeasance.  Document everything.

On the horses, apply the same principle as the 20 cows.  It sounds like when he "lost interest" he basically lumbered your father with the responsibility for the care, feeding, and other maintenance  for his half of the project.  The courts tend to look at this as "abandonment" in the sense of abandoning the property.  Your father [and you] have done the responsible thing by continuing to maintain these animals.

It's now time for accounts to be brought current, if for no other reason than so your fathers estate may be settled cleanly and quickly.  Your brother, as a banker, understands about the money, but apparently not the other duties involved in these relationships.  It's time to present him with black and white documentation of his responsibilities.  If he won't quickly come forward with the cash then that is just more evidence of his malfeasance with respect to being an executor of the estate.

You have my sympathy and understanding [and prayers].

GEM

That's good advice and meshes with some of our thoughts on things. Spent the morning talking about this and other stuff with my mom. She's pretty angry with big bro but the last thing either one of us wants is another idiotic legal battle. I feel it's not likely because his case is incredibly weak and even the sleaziest of lawyers wants it to look somewhat reasonable. We decided how to handle things for now but a lot will depend on how he behaves. She also wants him to pay her back for a bunch of related things, lease fees and land taxes that she paid on land that belonged to my brother and dad jointly but we didn't use after my dad got sick.

It was so long ago that we couldn't remember when he bought cows but I remembered seeing it in the old account books sometime. I still have 30 or more years of my parent's income tax papers stored at my farm house (which they built and lived in for 40 years). Took a quick look after work and the last cows he bought were 2 in 1996. The rest are older but I didn't take time to find out exactly when. I haven't seen anything with his brand on it for many years. The odds of there being a bunch of 20+ year old cows hiding on the farm are pretty slim. The chances of him having any real claim are pretty slim.

Also this reminds me of an incident when my dad first got into legal trouble with our lovely relations. They were demanding he give back something that he had been given as a gift. We had a great lawyer then and he said, "a gift is a gift. You can't legally give somebody something and then demand it back later. The laws are quite clear."  My brother has told several of us that he gave the cows back to dad. This was somewhere around 2001. I see no legal reason mom should need to return something her husband was given nearly 20 years ago. Especially when it no longer exists. But the value of the cattle would be about $30,000 so we're not talking chicken feed he's asking for. Sad part is he doesn't need the money. Both him and his wife have very well paying jobs. My mother on the other hand is paying off debts incured by dad the last years he was farming and several years of medical bills.

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

1 hour ago, Zink said:

That's good advice and meshes with some of our thoughts on things. Spent the morning talking about this and other stuff with my mom. She's pretty angry with big bro but the last thing either one of us wants is another idiotic legal battle. I feel it's not likely because his case is incredibly weak and even the sleaziest of lawyers wants it to look somewhat reasonable. We decided how to handle things for now but a lot will depend on how he behaves. She also wants him to pay her back for a bunch of related things, lease fees and land taxes that she paid on land that belonged to my brother and dad jointly but we didn't use after my dad got sick.

It was so long ago that we couldn't remember when he bought cows but I remembered seeing it in the old account books sometime. I still have 30 or more years of my parent's income tax papers stored at my farm house (which they built and lived in for 40 years). Took a quick look after work and the last cows he bought were 2 in 1996. The rest are older but I didn't take time to find out exactly when. I haven't seen anything with his brand on it for many years. The odds of there being a bunch of 20+ year old cows hiding on the farm are pretty slim. The chances of him having any real claim are pretty slim.

Also this reminds me of an incident when my dad first got into legal trouble with our lovely relations. They were demanding he give back something that he had been given as a gift. We had a great lawyer then and he said, "a gift is a gift. You can't legally give somebody something and then demand it back later. The laws are quite clear."  My brother has told several of us that he gave the cows back to dad. This was somewhere around 2001. I see no legal reason mom should need to return something her husband was given nearly 20 years ago. Especially when it no longer exists. But the value of the cattle would be about $30,000 so we're not talking chicken feed he's asking for. Sad part is he doesn't need the money. Both him and his wife have very well paying jobs. My mother on the other hand is paying off debts incured by dad the last years he was farming and several years of medical bills.

I hate to rub salt in what is obviously a raw wound but there is a reason why some Bankers are referred to as Banksters.

GEM

23 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i want to learn to sculpt. But armatures scare me. Knowing that any flaws in the armature impacts your sculpt even in the final stage. Also i want to sculpt dragons, i have so many ideas.

bleeeh

Just remember, "There are no mistakes, just happy accidents".

GEM

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i want to learn to sculpt. But armatures scare me. Knowing that any flaws in the armature impacts your sculpt even in the final stage. Also i want to sculpt dragons, i have so many ideas.

bleeeh

Just accept that your first few sculpts will be practice. Every one starts at the beginning, and it's okay to make something that's not perfect, especially if you're learning from it.

Never be afraid to Art.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

It's not so much that they discriminate, they just require it to be shipped to the Alcohol Beverage Control division warehouse and taxed.  And a Google search tells me that there is current ongoing litigation from our AG against various wine companies that ship to homes so I would say the question isn't settled just yet.

Most of that probably has to do with the fact that it was a sale. A gift is a completely different story. Of course, IANAL and YMMV based on state law. For instance, I was told once by a lawyer here in WV, who used to operate his own licensed distillery, that under our state law it's actually legal for me to distill up to 5 gallons of spirits per year, and I can legally give it away as a gift. If I sell it, I'm then breaking the law. Of course, running the still for the purpose of distilling alcohol violates federal law in and of itself, regardless of state law, unless I get a license from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Bureau.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I need more energy.

The last week I haven't slept that well.

I can manage during the day even went jogging etc.

But when the work day is over and I get home I'm exhausted.

And I'm not at my best then, I'm getting a bit cranky and I hate that.

I hate being cranky at home. That's supposed to be my fun times with husband, not my sit-around-hating-the-world times.

• Like 12

So, yea, chili on a bratwurst is pretty good. I don't know why I never tried it before. Also, I feel like some adult-oriented cartoons were before their time. The Dilbert cartoon was made in 1999, only one season, but I can't help but think that it would have done better about 10 years later. Same with the Clerks cartoon.

Oh, and I apparently missed out on the second batch(or is it third now?) of swag bags. Because I sleep during the day. And you people are vultures! Vultures, I tell you! Vile, carrion devouring vultures! Picking over the tattered remains of my dreams, hopes, and insatiable desire for things that I probably won't ever do anything with because I am lazy, unmotivated, probably an undiagnosed depressive, and mildly drunk! Vultures!

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

41 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I hate being cranky at home. That's supposed to be my fun times with husband, not my sit-around-hating-the-world times.

Likewise ( only girl instead of husband..).

I need to get my fun back.

Almost weekend.

It isn't helping that youngest vixen got a message from dpt of education that she needs to pay a fine for using her free travel product.

Especially since she is entitled to it, and they clearly messed up.

So I'm writing and filing an official complaint and hopefully it get sorted out.

Also Brutus has developed an ache.

Started to walk slower every now and then, whined a little in some situations

We went to the vet, examined Brutus.

He told us to watch it over the weekend, probably nothing serious, no torn muscles or anything.

If is continues after that, maybe take an scan.

Luckily he walked normally this morning, now to see how it goes.

I have been disturbed in my sleep for a while now.

Just getting up an hour too early or so almost every day.

It makes me tired and I have little patience.

Not fun!

I just want to be able to have fun with my girl, hobby and enjoy the evening.

Instead I almost sleep on the couch and am barely there.

Fighting some brainweasels as well..

I do hope I can reverse this, hopefully this weekend.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Sad 3