Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

8 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

91921_640x428.jpg

:blink:

I have tried a lot of the Kraft recipes I have been sent.... That will not be one of them.

The Auld Grump

That actually looks tempting....  But it needs those blue/white sharks for full effect.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:
  Hide contents

29638987247_6f4512434d_b.jpg

It's best not to leave one's toes exposed in a room full of razor-plushies.

29638986437_dffa4ae71f_b.jpg

Inara and her little sister, River.  Add a smaller one and I'd swear I was sheltering animated nesting dolls.

I didn't get much done this morning.  Cold feet, I suppose...

… you got enough needlefloofs there? I'm seeing lots of blank space still. ^^;

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

16 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just for reference if you ever find yourself in a situation where hard/steel toes are a requirement there are steel overshoes made with a boxy and wide toe cap.  They are articulated so you can move around almost normally.

I don't know who makes them but I've seen them in use in some of the "heavy" industrial settings I've had occasion to visit while delivering technical materials in bulk.

Alternatively, contact your local SCA heavy armorer.

GEM

Errr,  we have them at work for people who make the mistake of forgetting to bring steel toes to the plant.  We call them Clydesdales  "clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop" as they go down any hard surface.  They tend to be avoided at my worksite.  There may be other brands though.  

13 hours ago, Unruly said:

Decided to check on an order I made with Privateer Press, and it's been a week with the order still at "Processing." They said there would be delays because of the volume of orders, but wow. I figured a couple days. I really want to figure out which faction I got for my mystery box. I did find out that I'm unlikely to get Khador, as I didn't see anyone else that ordered on over on reddit mention that they got Khador. But then, I also didn't spend a whole lot of time reading on reddit. I just saw that most were 5 specific factions, with one or two outliers of different factions that also aren't Khador. Oh well. I'll still have a decent army coming either way, based on the stuff other people have said. And for $60, that's a steal.

Since you did the work, did you figure out which factions are showing up most often?

39 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

91921_640x428.jpg

I have tried a lot of the Kraft recipes I have been sent.... That will not be one of them.

The Auld Grump

Who would do that to swedish fish???

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

I ate the whole cinnamon bun. It was glorious. 

UBC is pretty famous for their cinnamon buns, I'm jealous.  ^_^ 

I do have a pseudo-clone recipe that I tweaked to make more Scandinavian.  It's actually irritating to make them because of the drama it induces in the family.  Maybe I just need to start making them daily for a while.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Since you did the work, did you figure out which factions are showing up most often?

Skorne, Circle Ouroboros, Cygnar, Cryx, and Retribution are the 5 most mentioned. There was also mention of a Protectorate mystery box showing up, but I only saw one person say anything about it. The really good news is that it looks like the boxes all follow the same formula for what's in them. The Cygnar is the Mk3 starter box, Hurricane/Stormwall colossal, a unit of Stormblades, a Reliant/Stormclad jack, and tokens. The Cryx is the Mk3 starter, the Kraken/Sepulcher, Corruptor/Reaper/Malice jack, 4 Ripjaws/Nightwretches, and tokens. Though it seems there are 2 versions of the Cygnar box, the one above, and one that gets a Lancer and a Cyclone/Defender/Ironclad instead of the unit of Stormblades.

I could dig more to find out what's in the others, but those are the ones that popped up first. Although I know the Skorne one gets a Desert Hydra.

7 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

What does it mean that worm-guy is wearing filthy yellow robes and a rusting iron crown, with faint remnants of gold leaf peeling away?

The Auld Grump

To run as fast and as far as you can.

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

91921_640x428.jpg

The Auld Grump

I would totally eat that. Jello with Swedish fish in it to make it look like a fish bowl? And those are grapes and I'm guessing pear or apple chunks in the bottom. It's not a 50's monstrosity of mayonnaise filled, ham wrapped bananas in cherry jello, you know...

Edited by Unruly
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

UBC is pretty famous for their cinnamon buns, I'm jealous.  ^_^ 

I do have a pseudo-clone recipe that I tweaked to make more Scandinavian.  It's actually irritating to make them because of the drama it induces in the family.  Maybe I just need to start making them daily for a while.  

This one was from a coffee & buns shop. At the end of June they had maple cinnamon buns... maple frosting, then pour maple syrup on it. I told the baker he had nice buns, because there are so few situations where you can say that and not mean "butt". This one was a standard bun. Om nom nom nom. 

• Like 11

My clothes smell delicious. I needed to go to the store, so I just threw one the stuff I wore yesterday. Because I was hovering over a heavily smoking charcoal grill for a few hours, they smell like hickory and applewood smoke, with hints of pork. It's amazing.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

So tomorrow is my 9th Blogiversary! My blog has reached name level!! That's crazy!! 2148 blog posts...:;,;: I must be nuts.  

Also, so much yummy food this weekend. Roasted chicken and veggies, beef stroganoff, and a fried tofu dish. Mmm... Plus the usual bacon and eggs for breakfast. Plus now there's lots of leftovers! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Unruly said:

My clothes smell delicious. I needed to go to the store, so I just threw one the stuff I wore yesterday. Because I was hovering over a heavily smoking charcoal grill for a few hours, they smell like hickory and applewood smoke, with hints of pork. It's amazing.

Just don't get too close to the smoke alarm.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

… you got enough needlefloofs there? I'm seeing lots of blank space still. ^^;

There are seven of them in all.  Zoë is off camera to the right.  I guess County had a special going.  My job is to get them up to 3 pounds and adopted out, which could be awhile with Kaylee starting off at 12 ounces.

Spoiler

44523654212_7e85c5b062_b.jpg

Maybe I'll get Inara an Instagram gig to pay for rations.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

There are seven of them in all.  Zoë is off camera to the right.  I guess County had a special going.  My job is to get them up to 3 pounds and adopted out, which could be awhile with Kaylee starting off at 12 ounces.

Hide contents

44523654212_7e85c5b062_b.jpg

Maybe I'll get Inara an Instagram gig to pay for rations.

Adoptable needlefloofs with a portfolio of professional floofiness in print.

Who could resist?

GEM

• Like 9