Randomness XIV: THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tripleh5133 said:

Well, my co worker "paid" me back for wrapping up his office when he was out back in March.

20180910_081030.thumb.jpg.e2bd26c3a59f163cec48d00fd9070b38.jpg

My desk from left to right:

20180910_073754.thumb.jpg.4441aac931fbb9d61a0de65e784efb5a.jpg

20180910_073758.thumb.jpg.4e19e3a76206b59e2b7fc0a4058a1946.jpg

20180910_073803.thumb.jpg.06a83587d3a08206fd5852cd36eb4ed4.jpg

20180910_073805.thumb.jpg.178a75d3e2f3b3470fb24df8665a6b36.jpg

20180910_073807.thumb.jpg.5f33dbdc6dba69da12061c25faa7469b.jpg

20180910_073811.thumb.jpg.9a728019cafbc88d1fc2d72fb8548936.jpg

20180910_073814.thumb.jpg.eb1e99933ce21b282bfe9c8deec4032a.jpg

I actually like what they did and will be trying to keep it display as long as I can get away with. :lol:

Look at All The Things to paint.::):

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

51 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

the helicoptor is a nice touch

I was thinking it was missing the C-130 that's air dropping an M48 Patton tank.

I used to treat that tank as a "bomb tank" when I was playing with my army men as a kid. The C-130 bay would open, I'd tip it so that the tank fell out, then I'd go "PKOW!" and all the army men near where it landed would be dead. Then I'd take the tank and start driving it around and running over everything else until I ran over a bazooka dude, at which point the tank would die too because the bazooka dude would shoot it before he died.

And since my C-130 and tank were tan, the green army men always lost.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

I didn't sign up for FEMA OT this year. Because I'm not trained for the phones, not really.

Partner did though. It's looking like she'll be going in soon.

Although I wonder if we're going to have issues here in Philly. The hurricane is looking like it'll loop around up toward here as it weakens. Never been in or even near a storm this big before. I'm used to desert thunderstorms, they drop enough rain to wipe a riverbed clean (you call it a 'wash' for a reason), drop a bunch of lightning, cut the dust down, and then they're over. This is not a desert thunderstorm. Watch, FEMA gets activated and the service center's shut down due to storm.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Ahh.. speaking from experience, metal or glass, not plastic, if you have furry vermin.

When I was a very small Thorne, we lived in a place with a thriving mouse population (super adorbs, but also super destructive). Foods stored in plastic containers was not, generally, safe. Food stored in metal containers, or glass jars, usually made it long enough to be eaten.

That's part of the reason I've made something of a habit of picking up a lot of the old-fashioned glass jars with the spring-tension wired lids and rubber seals. We don't have mice here, as far as I know, but... habits. *shrug*

Fun fact: rats can chew through stainless steel cans. :wow:  I prefer glass or ceramic to store things. Their scary little teeth don't do so well against that.

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, milk and bread are not high on my "disaster prep" purchases. I never got that.... Stuff that lasts a long time on the shelf with minimal to no need for prep? Much better choice. This of course means lots of nuts, preserved meats (jerky) root veggies and fruits that don't need refrigeration... and poptarts of course. 

@redambrosia Maybe that's a good question for tomorrow's getting to know you thread? 

What do you stock or what do you panic buy? :lol:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

I didn't sign up for FEMA OT this year. Because I'm not trained for the phones, not really.

Partner did though. It's looking like she'll be going in soon.

Although I wonder if we're going to have issues here in Philly. The hurricane is looking like it'll loop around up toward here as it weakens. Never been in or even near a storm this big before. I'm used to desert thunderstorms, they drop enough rain to wipe a riverbed clean (you call it a 'wash' for a reason), drop a bunch of lightning, cut the dust down, and then they're over. This is not a desert thunderstorm. Watch, FEMA gets activated and the service center's shut down due to storm.

Well, if north central WV and the Pittsburgh area are any indication, we're gonna get soaked. We've been getting some pretty decent rain for the last few days, and we usually catch a lot of the hurricane remnants. So we're probably gonna have about 2 straight weeks of rain before it's all said and done...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

Well, if north central WV and the Pittsburgh area are any indication, we're gonna get soaked. We've been getting some pretty decent rain for the last few days, and we usually catch a lot of the hurricane remnants. So we're probably gonna have about 2 straight weeks of rain before it's all said and done...

Yeah I'm in South Central PA. If it doesn't hit you, it WILL hit here. Been raining since saturday night at least. My best friend sleeps in the basement level of his family house. He hasn't been able to sleep since Saturday due to worry. And he is working Night Shift for the next two weeks at least. His house has already had flooding downstairs recently. Kind of worried about him.

GF

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Generic Fighter said:

Yeah I'm in South Central PA. If it doesn't hit you, it WILL hit here. Been raining since saturday night at least. My best friend sleeps in the basement level of his family house. He hasn't been able to sleep since Saturday due to worry. And he is working Night Shift for the next two weeks at least. His house has already had flooding downstairs recently. Kind of worried about him.

GF

I've got a bunch of friends around Pittsburgh who are already have flooding from the rain we've had. I can only imagine what's going to happen when we get the remnants in a few days.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Unruly said:

I was thinking it was missing the C-130 that's air dropping an M48 Patton tank.

I used to treat that tank as a "bomb tank" when I was playing with my army men as a kid. The C-130 bay would open, I'd tip it so that the tank fell out, then I'd go "PKOW!" and all the army men near where it landed would be dead. Then I'd take the tank and start driving it around and running over everything else until I ran over a bazooka dude, at which point the tank would die too because the bazooka dude would shoot it before he died.

And since my C-130 and tank were tan, the green army men always lost.

I didn’t play with army men as a kid but I did have a bunch of dinosaurs and would play extinction 

I would pretend they were migrating to safe food location (Too much Land Before Time watching), and all my herbivores would travel together with the carnivores following behind. Used to use bouncy balls as meterorites and I had this big Jurassic Park pterodactyl with gripping feet that I would have swoop in and grab the little ones 

• Like 11
  • Haha 9